Winter preparations in our country have been very popular for some decade now. And it is not surprising that all kinds of conservation can diversify a rather poor winter ration.
Lecho itself is a delicious dish, and adding to it such an ingredient as rice, you get a unique preparation that can be served not only as an appetizing snack, but also as a side dish to the meat dish.
Rice with rice - general principles and subtleties
The main components of lecho are Bulgarian sweet peppers, onions and rice. In addition to these ingredients, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplants, and other vegetables can be made with rice in lecho.
The selection and preparation of products and packaging should be taken seriously. Pure vegetables, rice and cans are the key to successful preservation. Wash products thoroughly and slowly, throwing out bad vegetables, pruning spoiled places. Rinse the soda before sterilizing the jar.
For a full-bodied lecho flavor with rice, choose fleshy varieties of peppers and tomatoes. Onions are best used not too hot, so that its sharp taste and smell does not interrupt other vegetables. Vinegar is suitable as a regular table, and apple. Rice can be used, both round and long grain - which one you like best.
1. Rice lecho: traditional recipe
Ingredients 4.5 liters:
• four kilograms of ripe tomatoes;
• a glass of sugar;
• kilogram of multicolored bell peppers;
• kilo of carrots;
• 750 grams of onions;
• 280 ml of vegetable oil;
• 60 grams of salt (2 tbsp.);
• 130 ml apple cider vinegar;
• a cup of rice.
1. Rinse the tomatoes thoroughly, place them in a large basin and scald with boiling water, then remove the skin.
2. Grind the blanched tomatoes with a blender or in a meat grinder.
3. Cut the Bulgarian pepper in half and remove seeds, wash and cut into small cubes.
4. Peel the carrots grated. 5. Peel the onions, chop, cut into small pieces.
6. Wash rice thoroughly, cover with water and set aside for an hour.
7. In a large cauldron, heat the vegetable oil, put the shredded onions and carrots, fry for five minutes on high heat, not forgetting to stir.
8. Add pepper cubes, fry for a minute, then pour half a glass of water. Cover the cauldron with a lid, languish on medium fire for no more than twenty minutes.
9. Pour the sugar, salt, mashed tomatoes in a mash, mix. Simmer for another twenty minutes.
10. Drain the rice from the water, put it to the vegetables. Stir, cook for about half an hour.
11. About ten minutes before the end of cooking, pour vinegar into the cauldron, mix.
12. Lay the finished lecho with rice in sterile jars, roll up.
13. Turn the cans over, wrap them in a blanket. After the preservation has cooled, remove the lecho in storage in a cool place.
2. Lecho with rice and zucchini
Ingredients 2.5-3 liters:
• 1.3 kg paprika;
• 120 grams of granulated sugar;
• a glass of rice;
• 700 grams of zucchini;
• 220 ml of vegetable oil;
• kilogram of tomatoes;
• 60 ml of 9% vinegar;
• 30 grams of salt;
• bay leaves.
1. Peeled peppers cut into large strips.
2. Slice the blanched tomatoes into small cubes or twist in a meat grinder.
3. Boil the rice until half cooked.
4. Remove peel from zucchini, remove seeds if necessary, cut into small slices.
5. Simmer all the vegetables in the cauldron, putting them in hot oil for 30 minutes.
6. Add rice, spices, cook another 15 minutes, not forgetting five minutes before being ready to pour vinegar into lecho with rice.
7. Stir, pour even more hot leko into prepared jars.
8. Cool the blank upside down under a blanket.
3. Lecho with rice and cabbage
Ingredients for 8 liters:
• a kilogram of cabbage;
• 120 grams of salt;
• five kg of tomatoes;
• 750 grams of onions;
• kilo of carrots;
• two glasses of sugar; • kilogram of Bulgarian pepper;
• 400 ml of vegetable oil;
• 450 grams of rice;
• 180 ml of 6% vinegar;
• chili peppers.
1. Remove peel from tomatoes, chop pulp.
2. Peppers, peeled from seeds, cut into strips.
3. Cabbage chop thin straws.
4. Grate grated carrots for Korean carrots.
5. Onion cut into cubes.
6. Remove chili seeds and chop.
7. Pour into oil suitable for cooking, heat it, put tomato puree, simmer over low heat for twenty minutes.
8. Add all other vegetables, salt, cover the saucepan, simmer for another 40 minutes.
9. Put the rice, boiled until half cooked, sugar. Keep cooking.
10. After 10 minutes, pour in the vinegar.
11. Bring the lecho with rice to a boil, remove the pan from the stove.
12. Spread the ready lecho on the banks, spin, cool.
4. Lecho with rice and eggplants
Ingredients 7.5-8 liters:
• half a cup of rice;
• three kg of eggplants;
• four kg of tomatoes;
• three kg of bell peppers;
• two kg of onions;
• 280 ml of vegetable oil;
• 170 ml of 9% vinegar;
• 130 grams of granulated sugar;
• 90 grams of salt;
• 450 grams of carrots;
• half a line of hot chili peppers;
• half a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
1. Cut the thoroughly washed and peeled vegetables: eggplants in small sticks, peppers in squares, diced tomatoes, onions in half rings, carrots in thin straws.
2. Put in the cauldron with preheated vegetable oil, first onion and carrot, fry. Then add the remaining vegetables, mix. Tomit on medium heat for 40 minutes.
3. Boil the rice up to half a ton in a separate small saucepan, put it in a fragrant vegetable mixture, add sugar, salt and pepper to the same place. Add crushed chili, simmer another 15 minutes.
4. Pour in vinegar, mix, put lecho with rice in jars.
5. Spin the jars with the contents of the lid, turn and cool under the coverlet.
5. Lecho with rice and beans
Ingredients per 5 liters:
• 800 grams of onion;
• 2.7 kg of red tomatoes;
• 1 kg 300 grams of sweet peppers;
• 700 grams of carrots;
• 230 grams of rice;
• 200 grams of beans;
• one garlic;
• glasses of sugar;
• 450 ml of vegetable oil;
• 110 ml of 9% vinegar;
• 80 grams of salt;
• one chili pepper.
1. Cut the peeled onion into half rings, rub the carrot on a fine or medium grater.
2. Rinse the tomatoes, cut at the base with a knife, scald with boiling water and remove the skin from them. Grind the pulp in a blender.
3. Bulgarian peppers and chilli rinse, rid them of seeds, cut into sweet half rings, and sharp chop.
4. Pass the peeled garlic through the press.
5. Wash rice cereal, boil until half cooked.
6. Soak the beans in a couple of hours in cold water, then boil until cooked.
7. Pour butter into a cauldron, heat it, put all prepared vegetables, except chili and garlic, simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
8. Add rice cereal, garlic, beans, chilli, spices and salt, stew for another 15 minutes, then pour in the vinegar, bring the rice and boil to the boil and turn off the gas.
9. Roll the finished lecho in a sterile container, cool under a blanket.
6. Lecho with rice and mushrooms
Ingredients for 2 liters:
• 100 grams of rice;
• 300 grams of fresh forest mushrooms;
• a pound of tomatoes;
• 600 grams of red bell pepper;
• 100 grams of sour cream;
• two medium sized onions;
• 30 grams of salt;
• 130 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Fill the washed rice with water, after the cereal is infused for about half an hour, drain the water, pour a new one. Boil the rice cereal until half cooked.
2. Blanch the tomatoes, then chop with a blender, in a meat grinder or simply grated.
3. Cut the peeled peppers into large strips.
4. Chop onions and mushrooms with ringlets, fry until done.
5. Add to the mushroom mixture a glass of water, sour cream and spices, mix.
6. Pour vegetable oil into a deep cauldron, put peppers and tomatoes, simmer for ten minutes on low heat. 7. Remove the cauldron from the stove, add to the tomato mass fried mushrooms with onions in sour cream, salt, boiled rice until half cooked. All thoroughly stir, put the cauldron with lecho in a heated oven. Tomite half an hour.
8. While the rice is cooked, sterilize the jars and lids.
9. Place the winter billet in the prepared container, twist.
10. Turn the jars with lecho with rice upside down, wrap in a blanket, cool.
7. Lecho with rice, zucchini and eggplant
• one kg of zucchini;
• one kg of eggplants;
• 120 grams of rice;
• 100 grams of salt;
• 120 ml of 6% vinegar;
• 230 ml of vegetable oil;
• a pound of onion;
• bay leaves and pepper.
1. Remove the sandpaper from the eggplants and zucchini. Cut them into cubes.
2. Salt the eggplants and set aside for 20-30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
3. Chop the garlic and chop the onion into quarters.
4. Boil the rice until tender.
5. Put onion, zucchini and eggplant in a cauldron on hot oil, simmer, stirring for 10 minutes.
6. Add garlic and rice grits, salt. Tomit on the slowest fire for about 15 minutes, then pour vinegar into the lecho, put bay leaves. Hold lecho with rice for another 5 minutes, remove the cauldron from the heat.
7. Carefully place the salad in a sterile container, roll up the lids, cool, covered with a blanket.
8. Lecho with Rice “Hearty”
• 400 grams of onions;
• 2 kg 700 grams zucchini;
• 250 grams of tomato paste;
• 250 grams of mayonnaise;
• half a cup of rice;
• 700 grams of bell pepper;
• 140 ml of vegetable oil;
• 50 grams of salt;
• ground pepper;
• Bay leaf.
1. Chop the onion in half rings, fry in a saucepan or cauldron until transparent.
2. Put peppers into diced onion, simmer for five minutes.
3. Add sliced zucchini, tomato paste, salt and ground pepper, simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Boil the rice in a separate saucepan. 5. When the vegetables are ready, lay out the prepared rice cereal, mayonnaise, mix. Throw a couple of bay leaves, hold lecho with rice on the fire for another 10 minutes.
6. Lay out the workpiece in sterile jars, roll up, remove the containers with lecho to cool under a blanket.
Rice lecho - tips and tricks
• Be sure to roll the jars when cooling, with the slightest draft they may burst.
• Leave at least one and a half centimeters between the contents of the jar and the lid, this will help avoid oxidation of the finished product.
• Do not fold the finished lecho with rice in bulk containers, prepare 500 and 700 gram jars.
• In one tablespoon about 30 grams of salt.
• During cooking, do not forget to periodically stir the lecho so that it does not accidentally burn, otherwise the smell of burning will spoil the taste of the finished product.
• Heated lecho with rice, it can be served as a side dish or as a separate dish.
• If there are eggplants in the recipe, you must first salt them, put them for 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly, this will save the vegetables from bitterness.
• Wear gloves when handling chili peppers.
• Cut the bell pepper as large as possible, this will give the finished lecho with rice a rich taste and beautiful appearance.
• Using peppers of different colors will make the dish more beautiful and fragrant.
• Want an unusual lecho? Following the above recipes, change only the smallest: fry each ingredient lecho with rice separately, and then simmer all together in a cauldron. The result of works will lead you to the utmost delight.