Greek can be not only salads, but also winter preparations. They are distinguished by a very bright appearance and taste, they are excellently kept until spring and in the cold season they will remind you of summer.
Greek Winter Snack - General Cooking Principles
Greek appetizers are most often made from eggplant or beans. These are the most favorite ingredients of the blanks, which lay in a different way and each time a new taste is obtained. If used eggplant, then you need to check them out on the bitterness. If necessary, sprinkle with salt or soak in solution. Beans also require prior preparation. Usually it is soaked, boiled.
What else can include snacks:
• hot pepper and bulgarian;
• tomatoes or tomato juice;
• nuts, greens;
• onions, carrots.
Vinegar and various spices are often added to the preservation. If the mass is boiled in a saucepan and decomposed in banks, then additional sterilization is not needed. If the assembly is carried out immediately in banks, then they are placed in a pot with a covered bottom, water is added, put on the stove. Additional sterilization prolongs the safety of snacks.
Greek appetizer for winter with beans and pepper
Famous recipe for Greek appetizers with beans. You can use white or any other beans, they all fit.
• 400 g of beans;
• 800 g of pepper;
• kilogram of tomatoes;
• three heads of garlic;
• Spoon of salt;
• four spoons of sugar;
• spoon of vinegar;
• 100 grams of oil.
1. Soak the beans for ten hours. Rinse, boil until soft.
2. Peel the whole garlic, split it in half. One piece cut with a knife on the plate.
3. Heat some oil, add the garlic and fry for a minute until golden brown.
4. Pepper peel, chop, chop tomatoes. Twist the vegetables with the remaining garlic through a meat grinder.
5. Pour the tomato mass to the roasted garlic, bring to a boil. A foam appears on top, which needs to be removed. Boil a lot for ten minutes. 6. Add boiled beans, salt and sugar. Optionally, in this appetizer, you can add ground pod of hot pepper.
7. Cooking with beans for about half an hour, at the end add vinegar, stir, boil for another two minutes.
8. We collect the Greek appetizer with a clean ladle, put it in the cans, roll it up and immediately turn it upside down. After cooling, you can return to the normal position.
Greek appetizer for winter with beans and eggplants
The option is very fragrant and incredibly delicious Greek snack for the winter. If you do not want to cook such a spicy option, you can do without bitter pepper.
• two kilograms of eggplants;
• 2.4 kg of tomatoes;
• half a kilo of white beans;
• a pound of sweet pepper;
• two hot peppers;
• 0.4 kg carrot;
• 80 ml of vinegar 9%;
• 200 g of garlic;
• 280 ml of oil;
• 150 g of sugar;
• two tablespoons of salt.
1. Soak the beans in advance, it is better to pour cold water the day before, so that the beans are well swollen, increased in size.
2. The water in which the beans were soaked should be drained, added clean, boiled beans to softness. Broth decalted, it is not needed.
3. Peel carrots, grate large.
4. Pour vegetable oil into a large saucepan, heat it, add carrots and lightly fry, four minutes is enough.
5. Cut eggplants into cubes or cubes. If the vegetables are bitter, then pour salted water in advance, then rinse. Squeeze it out.
6. Add eggplants to carrots, stir.
7. Cut the pepper in half, remove the insides, cut the pods into strips, like a carrot, or make cubes. We send kV a pan to eggplants. Vegetables will no longer be fried, as they should be stewed over a small fire for about 15 minutes.
8. Peel the garlic, there is a lot of it in this recipe. Immediately wash the tomatoes, cut into slices, prepare hot peppers. All this is twisted through a meat grinder or grind food processor.
9. Pour the tomato mass to the main vegetables. Stir and boil for fifteen minutes.
10. Put the cooked beans, salt, put sugar. Stir. Boil the snack for about half an hour, in the end, be sure to try, perhaps you need to add more spices. 11. Spread the Greek snack on the banks, roll up.
Spicy Greek appetizer for winter eggplant
Option delicious and spicy Greek appetizer of eggplant. She is preparing with sterilization cans. Therefore, you need to prepare in advance a wide saucepan, lay a cloth on the bottom or a dishcloth folded in several layers.
• kilogram of eggplants;
• five tomatoes;
• four heads of garlic;
• ten peppers;
• 2 tsp. vinegar;
• bunch of basil;
• bunch of cilantro;
• three spoons of sugar;
• two hot peppers;
• Spoon of salt;
• oil (how much will go).
1. Cut the eggplant circles, but not thin. You can 0.5 cm. If they are bitter, then pour salted water.
2. Squeeze the mugs, fry in oil on both sides. Transfer while in the bowl.
3. Cut peppers and tomatoes. Grind through a meat grinder, put on the stove and bring to a boil.
4. Chop the greens. Pour to pepper with tomatoes, add vinegar, salt and sugar, stir.
5. Grind the garlic, add to the pan, stir and turn off
6. At the bottom of the sterile jar pour a spoonful of sauce. Put a layer of eggplant, pour a little sauce again, and so on. Until all the products run out. Eggplants should be on top. It is not necessary to add oil, as it was used during frying.
7. Put the jars in the pot on the cloth, cover with lids, but do not roll.
8. Pour water into the pan, turn on the stove.
9. After boiling water, measure 15 minutes for 0.5 or 20 minutes for 0.7 cans.
10. Carefully remove the jar from the pan, without opening the lid, roll with the key. Do the same with the rest of the blanks. Turn over. Leave until cool.
Greek appetizer for the winter with basmati rice and tomato
For the preparation of such a Greek snack for the winter, it is desirable to use high-quality basmati rice or take the most similar variety.
• kilogram of carrots;
• 0.5 g onion;
• two glasses of basmati rice;
• 100 g of sugar;
• three kilograms of tomatoes;
• one bunch of basil;
• 400 ml of oil;
• kilogram of sweet pepper;
• 30 g hot peppers.
1. Peel the carrot, cut into strips. You can use a grater for Korean salads. It will turn out beautifully. 2. Pour half the oil into the pan, put the carrot, fry until soft.
3. Cut peeled onions into small strips or small cubes, fry separately in a second frying pan, adding the remaining oil.
4. Put all these vegetables in the cooking pot.
5. Twist tomatoes and peppers. Immediately chop the sharp pods. Pour the sauce to the previously prepared vegetables, turn on the stove, bring to the boil.
6. While the mass boils, we measure out two glasses of good rice. We wash it many times as for pilaf. Flowing water should be completely transparent. Then pour clean water. Leave the rice soak for ten minutes.
7. As soon as the vegetables in the pot boil well, remove the loose foam.
8. Squeeze the water from the rice, pour it into the tomato paste.
9. Boil a quarter of an hour, put the spices. A bundle of basil is tied with thread. We put them in the billet, cook everything together for another 10-15 minutes until the rice is soft.
10. Take out the basil. Trying the blank. If there is little salt, add more. If the tomatoes are sweet, then to improve the taste, you can pour in silent vinegar or lemon juice.
11. Spread the Greek appetizer with rice in sterile jars, roll up.
Greek appetizer for the winter eggplant with nuts
The recipe is amazingly delicious eggplants in a spicy nutty marinade. Preparation with additional sterilization.
• three kilograms of eggplants;
• 250 g of garlic;
• 250 g of nuts;
• five hot peppers;
• 2/3 cup of vegetable oil;
• 70 grams of vinegar 9%.
1. Slice eggplants lengthwise to make long strips.
2. Pour 50 ml of oil into the bowl, dip the brush and lightly grease the eggplant pieces. Transfer to the pan, fry on both sides. Transfer to a bowl, let it cool for now.
3. Peel the garlic, chop the hot pepper pods, sort through the nuts and grind it all up with a blender or use a meat grinder.
4. Add vinegar to the nuts, pour in the remaining oil. If, after smearing eggplants, it also remains, then pour it all over here. Put a spoonful of salt. If the eggplants were soaked or sprinkled before frying, then it is not necessary. 5. We moisten each fried eggplant in walnut marinade. We twist the tube, put it in cans of half a liter, tightly tamping.
6. Rearrange the jars in the pan, sterilize twenty minutes after boiling the liquid, roll up.
Simple Greek appetizer for the winter from eggplant, pepper and onion
A very simple recipe for a delicious Greek snack, which will take no more than an hour to prepare. All vegetables are cut into strips.
• four kg of eggplant;
• half a kilo of pepper;
• a pound of onion;
• liter of tomato juice;
• 1 tsp. pepper mixes;
• 30 grams of vinegar 9%;
• a pair of garlic heads;
• half a cup of oil.
1. Cut the eggplants into strips. Pour the pieces with salt, leave for a quarter of an hour.
2. Cut the onion into straws, throw in the heated oil. Fry for five minutes.
3. Rinse the eggplants, squeeze add to the onions.
4. Crumble the Bulgarian pepper, add to the rest of the vegetables.
5. Squeeze out the garlic, pour in the juice, lay the pepper, boil for 30 minutes.
6. Add vinegar, stir, if eggplant salt is not enough, then add more. Arrange the snack in banks and immediately roll up.
Greek appetizer for the winter - tips and tricks
• If there is no time or desire to fry the eggplant pieces in the pan. They can be spread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil for a beautiful color, put in the oven.
• In all recipes, you can substitute white beans with red varieties in the same quantity. But white beans boil faster and get much more tender.
• To quickly clean a large amount of garlic, you need to fill the teeth with cold water and leave for a couple of hours. Husk will be easily removed.