Turkey - low-calorie meat, but only if it is properly cooked.
For many, boiled foods seem tasteless and trite.
But, most likely, just someone does not know the secrets of cooking excellent boiled turkey.
Boiled Turkey - General Cooking Principles
Turkey cooks longer than chicken. Before full readiness of dark meat usually takes 1.5 hours, for small pieces and white meat a little less. Never boil the carcass for soup in frozen form. The broth will turn out muddy and will get not so beautiful color. The bird must be thawed, rinsed well, remove defects, and only then sent to the pan. The foam, which is formed during cooking, must be removed, even if you do not plan to use the broth further.
For cooking, you can take any pieces of turkey: fillet and bone. For a diet product, the skin with fat should be removed immediately. It is better to put meat in boiling water in order to preserve more nutrients, and the taste was richer. The liquid in the pan should not be much, ideally, it should barely cover the pieces. Cooked meat with a low boil over low heat.
As additives when cooking turkey, use: onions, celery, carrots, roots, different types of pepper, garlic and other spices. It is not necessary to put tomatoes, lemon and other acidic foods in the broth, which prevent the softening of meat fibers.
Recipe 1: Simple Boiled Turkey
The main recipe for boiled turkey with vegetables and spices. Meat prepared in this way can be eaten with any side dishes, sauces, and you can also cook various dishes based on it. Can be used for cold and hot salads. You can cook both dark meat and brisket.
• turkey meat 1 kg;
• bulbs and carrots;
• bay leaf;
• Spoon without a hill of salt; • 2 cloves of garlic;
• 3 peppercorns.
1. Boil in a saucepan 1.5 liters of clean water.
2. We wash the meat, if a large piece of fillet is used, then we cut it into 3-5 parts, put it in boiling water.
3. Peel the onion and carrot, cut it into 4-6 pieces and put it in a saucepan.
4. Cook for 50 minutes, add garlic cloves (whole), peppercorns and bay leaf, salt.
5. Cook for 15 minutes, turn off the stove, remove the boiled turkey from the broth and use for its intended purpose.
Recipe 2: Boiled turkey in a double boiler
Steaming allows you to get the most delicious boiled turkey, juicy and healthy, since no substance goes into the broth. And in order to give the meat special notes, you can marinate it in advance. All ingredients are taken in arbitrary quantities, to your taste.
• turkey slices;
• salt, black pepper.
1. Clean the chives, mix the black pepper with salt. To taste, you can take any mixture of spices, for example, seasoning for chicken.
2. In the washed and dried pieces of meat we make cuts and insert chives, rolled in a salt mixture. The teeth can be cut into several pieces.
3. Fold the stuffed turkey into a bowl, sprinkle with a mixture of salt and pepper, seasonings and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
4. Fold the turkey into a steamer and cook 1-1.5 hours. Cooking time depends on the size of the pieces and the quality of the pieces.
Recipe 3: Boiled Turkey in Mushroom Sauce
This dish proves that ordinary boiled turkey can be amazingly tasty and fragrant, especially if served at the table with a sauce of mushrooms and white wine. Such a gravy is perfectly combined with both dark meat and breast, it is great for vegetables, pasta, cereals. Therefore, it can be prepared in large quantities.
• turkey 1 kg;
• 2 onions;
• salt, pepper;
• 1 carrot;
• 0.15 kg of any fresh mushrooms; • 70 ml of white wine.
1. Fold into the pan arbitrary pieces of turkey, add one chopped large onion, carrot rings, bay leaf, pour boiling water, cook for an hour.
2. We clean the second onion, chop half rings. Mushrooms cut into strips. We put everything in a separate pan.
3. Take out the boiled turkey, remove to the side. We measure out 400 ml of broth, pour it into onions with mushrooms and boil for an hour, at the end add salt and pour in the wine.
4. Cool the future mushroom sauce slightly, then grind it with a blender, add ground pepper to taste.
5. Fill the turkey slices with the still hot sauce (you can still reheat if desired) and the dish is ready.
Recipe 4: Boiled Turkey “Golden” in Onion Husk
Cooking method of an unusually beautiful and fragrant boiled turkey. Onion peel is used, the more it will be, the brighter the meat will be. Smoked flavor adds liquid smoke, which can be purchased in the spice section. Serve such a boiled turkey can be hot, but it is especially tasty chilled filet under cutting.
• onion peel;
• liquid smoke;
• seasoning for chicken.
1. Put a large handful of onion peel into a saucepan, pour in water, pour salt at the rate of 1.5 spoons per liter. We put on the stove.
2. As soon as the water boils, put the prepared fillet and boil for an hour. We take the meat out of the broth and cool it.
3. Mix liquid smoke with seasoning for chicken. We wrap the boiled turkey with the resulting mass, wrap it in a piece of foil and remove the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
4. We get, we cut and it is possible to give on a table.
Recipe 5: Boiled Turkey Boiled Pork in a Packet
The recipe for cooking homemade boiled turkey pork, in which all the juices are stored. Another advantage of this method is a small percentage of loss, the piece is not greatly reduced in mass, unlike cooking in an oven. Ingredients
• a piece of turkey fillet about 0.8 kg;
• slightly incomplete spoon of salt;
• garlic cloves;
• pepper, spices.
1. We shred the turkey with garlic, rub it with salt, spices, put it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge for pickling for a couple of hours, you can forget about it all day or night, it will be even better.
2. We take out the package, release all the air and set it as tightly as possible so that the cellophane fits tightly over the meat.
3. We take the second bag and put the meat in it again, and we also tie it tightly.
4. We lower preparation in a pan. It is desirable that it was not very large in volume. Fill the package with water and boil for about 90 minutes after boiling.
5. Take out the bag, put it on a plate and cut it. Inside it will be a rich meat juice, which stood out in the cooking process.
6. Cool the meat, if desired, rub the top of the baked ham with pepper or liquid smoke.
Recipe 6: Spicy boiled turkey in a slow cooker
It would seem that in a slow cooker it is very simple to cook boiled turkey meat, for this there is a corresponding program. But in fact, the meat is tastier and more tender if it is cooked in the “quenching” mode. And if you add spices to the turkey, it will turn out much better.
• 0.8 kg of meat, you can use pieces under the bones;
• 5 peppercorns;
• 1 clove;
• 2 leaves of laurel;
• Spoon fresh or dry adzhika.
1. If fillet is used, then it should be cut into plates, 2 cm thick.
2. Put all the spices in the crock-pot, put turkey slices on top and pour enough water so that it reaches the meat.
3. Turn on the stewing mode for 2 hours, the fillet can be cooked for less than 40 minutes.
4. We get ready boiled turkey and use it for its intended purpose. Fragrant and saturated broth can be drained, sprinkled with meat or added to other dishes.
Recipe 7: Boiled Turkey Under a Cheese Sauce
Unusually tender dish of boiled turkey, which can be served independently or with any side dish. If desired, you can add ready-made mustard to the sauce and make the sauce hot. To give the sauce a beautiful color, chopped turmeric is used.
• 0.7 kg fillet;
• bay leaf;
• 3 peppercorns.
For the sauce:
• 500 ml of broth in which turkey was cooked;
• a spoonful of flour;
• 100 gr. cheese;
• 30 gr. drain oils;
• pinch of turmeric.
• Place the turkey in the pan, pour boiling water over the meat, throw the onion, pepper and bay leaf cut into 4 parts and cook until ready. 10 minutes before the end of salt.
• Put butter on the pan, heat it up, add flour and fry until golden.
• Pour broth into the pan, add spices and cook for 5 minutes.
• Pound the yolk to white color, add to the sauce, continuously stir.
• Pour the grated cheese, turmeric. The sauce can be turned off or boiled until the cheese is completely dissolved, for an amateur.
• Cut the turkey into slices, pour over the sauce.
Recipe 8: Boiled Turkey in Beer
For this recipe of boiled turkey it is better to use dark beer, but if there is no such one, then you can take a light one.
• 1 kg of turkey;
• 0.1 kg of olives;
• 0.4 liters of beer;
• a spoonful of flour;
• some oil;
• salt, pepper, dill.
1. Put the turkey in the pan, boil until done, add any spices as desired, as in previous recipes.
2. Put the pan, turn on the stove, fry the flour in the butter and add the beer. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes.
3. Cut the olives into slices, pour them into the sauce, add salt and pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes. At the end add chopped dill.
4. Cut the boiled turkey into neat strips, spread on a platter and pour over the sauce.
Recipe 9: Boiled Turkey with Leek
A special feature of this boiled turkey dish is the leek sauce and boiled eggs, which the finished dish is watered with. It includes a sufficiently large amount of mayonnaise, which, if necessary, can be replaced with natural yogurt or fully made with sour cream. Ingredients
• 1 kg of turkey meat;
• 1 leek;
• bulb onion;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 3 eggs;
• 0.2 kg sour cream;
• 0.15 kg of mayonnaise;
• salted cucumber;
• spoon of apple or wine vinegar;
• oil, salt.
1. Boil the turkey meat with bulb onions, remove from the broth.
2. Finely chop the leek, add sour cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic, pour vinegar. Stir.
3. Boil the eggs, take out the yolks, knead and send in the sauce. Protein finely chopped or three grated and also lay out in the sauce.
4. Spread boiled turkey, pour sauce.
Boiled Turkey - Tricks and Tips
• If the broth after cooking meat is not needed now, then you can pour it into containers and freeze it. It is useful for sauces, pours, and even cooking soup in a hurry.
• For cooking turkey, you can use any spices for chicken, pork, beef. Bird with them perfectly combined.
• If there is no confidence in the quality of the turkey, then it is better to cook it in a confined way. Bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes, pour the broth. Fill the meat with new boiling water and cook according to the recipe.
• Onions can be put in broth, without removing the husk. It will favorably affect the taste and color of the decoction.
• After cooking, do not immediately get the meat from the broth. If it lasts half an hour, it will be juicier.