What kind of dishes and soups are not called the sweet word “solyanka”. It is prepared in many different ways, who is in that much. There are hundreds of interesting recipes, everyone wants to call themselves classics. What is the hodgepodge?
Cabbage in a hodgepodge? No, have not met
Cabbage in the hodgepodge no. This name is often called stewed vegetables. In addition to cabbage, it contains onions, carrots, eggplant, potatoes, and tomatoes can be added. A kind of stew, in which sausage and meat, too, there is a place.
The classic hodgepodge is a filling soup without cabbage.
It is thick, with broth, served in deep plates, has a rich aroma and bright color. Treats the first dishes. Cabbage solyanka is stews or steamed vegetables, they belong to second courses, served in flat or half-sized plates.
Meat does not happen much
Hodgepodge prepared from several types of meat, sausage, poultry.
According to the rules, at least five products must be used.
Be sure to include smoked meat in the form of ham, bacon, or at least sausage. It all comes together, hence the name. Of one or two types of meat solyanka not prepared.
The second point is a rich and concentrated broth. It should be prepared from a large number of pits. The meat is then robbed from them, added to the dish. On the water, the hodgepodge is not done, it will be just sausage soup.
Where, without potatoes?
Anywhere, but not in hodgepodge. According to the rules, the meat platter is prepared without potatoes. This starchy vegetable will only spoil the rich taste of the broth, add turbidity. If you want to thicken the soup, make it more satisfying, then it is better to use other methods.
What to add for density:
- olives, capers;
- salted mushrooms;
- chopped tomatoes.
You can simply increase the number of products that are already in the recipe. This is not exactly spoil the hodgepodge, and the potatoes have no place in it.
Refueling is a delicate matter
Solyanka is a dish with an unusual dressing. Original olives, lemon, pickle from olives or cucumbers give the original aroma and taste; in addition, any spices can be added. They make the taste saturated, add spice. The aroma of this soup is not to be confused with anything. But there are things that it is better not to add to the hodgepodge.
What you should not fill the dish:
- Garlic. It will interrupt the flavor of smoked meat and meat, eclipse the taste of salted cucumbers.
- Oriental blends like hops-suneli. They are not suitable for this dish, the hodgepodge should not smell like that.
- Bouillon cubes, Rolton seasonings. Steep and natural broth is used for the soup, similar chemical refills will be slaughtered.
- Dry greens. Traditionally, only fresh dill and parsley are put in a hodgepodge, it is best to add to the plates.
- Vinegar. Lemon, tomato, pickle gives to the soup acid. If the taste is not enough or not lemon, the introduction of diluted citric acid, but not vinegar, is allowed.
In addition to olives, often solyanka is filled with capers. It is important to introduce such ingredients at the very end, do not boil them hard, the taste of the dish will suffer.
And fish come across?
You can make a hodgepodge team and in the fish version. It also produces a very nutritious and healthy dish, but with some nuances.
It will require five types of fish, you can use seafood.
Such a solyanka is prepared with the addition of tomato paste, olives, lemon and always on fish broth. For it are usually used illiquid parts: ridges and other bones, fins of the head.
Recipe for this team of meat soups
So, the real team hodgepodge is a rich and thick soup with a sour and spicy taste and an interesting smoked flavor. Naturally, its budget options do not exist. So that the dish is pleased with the taste and it turned out, you will have to purchase several meat products. Here is a classic recipe and technology. This soup will definitely suit the taste of the household.
- 300 g of pork;
- 300 g of beef;
- 1 onion;
- 400 g of smoked meat;
- 200 g sausage;
- 3 sausages;
- 1 carrot;
- 100 g of tomato paste;
- 300 g pickled cucumbers;
- 60 ml of vegetable oil;
- olives, sour cream, herbs and lemon;
Method of preparation
- Meat is taken with pits, but the pulp must not be less than the specified amount. Pork with beef, rinse, pour 2.5 liters of water. Prepare the usual broth. Remove the meat, strain the broth, return to the pan.
- Add sliced smoked meat to hot broth. It can be chicken wings, pork ribs, sternum. Choose to your taste, but immediately cut into small pieces. Leave to boil.
- Fry onion and carrot in vegetable oil until transparent, add pickles. They can be rubbed or finely cut with a knife. Cooking vegetables for about five minutes, enter the tomato paste. Stew a little more. If the paste is thick, then enter half a cup of broth from the saucepan.
- We send some butter into the frying pan, pour the chopped sausages, sausages, lightly fry, to improve the taste.
- Put sausages and vegetables in the pan. We pick up the cooked meat from the bones, add it after it. Salt dish, but gently and slightly. Give then on a small fire for a quarter of an hour.
- Slice lemon. We get olives from brine. Chop the greens, cook pepper.
- Try the soup, throw olives into it and pour in a little brine from them, pepper it. Sometimes the hodgepodge is filled with cucumber pickle, and so can be.
- Dish lay out in plates, supplement with lemon, sour cream, fresh herbs. Serve to the table.
You can use chopped bacon or lard instead of vegetable oil. It is allowed to replace tomato paste with tomatoes. You can also make solyanka without pork or beef, replace one type of meat with poultry. The soup will turn out to be tasteless and “empty” if you cook without any meat at all.
ATTENTION! You can add at least ten types of sausage and ham, but without a piece of pork or beef it will be a completely different dish.