Kvass made from black bread is a wonderful means of quenching thirst! Recipes, subtleties and secrets of cooking nutritious and healthy drink - kvass on black bread
Kvass is a refreshing drink in the summer heat, from which it is simply impossible to break away. Even before our era, the Egyptians were preparing a delicacy, similar in composition to modern kvass. It was believed that it has healing properties and effectively treats many diseases. But still Russia is truly considered the birthplace of kvass. In Russia, kvass was recognized as a drink consumed everywhere and every day. And his presence in the house symbolized well-being and happiness.
Kvass is considered to be a healing product. There is a huge amount of useful properties of black bread, on the basis of which it is prepared. And they are confirmed not only by people who monitor their weight, nutrition and health, but also by physicians with nutritionists. Rye bread helps cleanse the gastrointestinal tract, removes toxic substances from the body, contains B vitamins, minerals and amino acids, is rich in magnesium and iron, helps to eliminate cholesterol, strengthen blood vessels and increase hemoglobin.
Kvass is a delicacy that gives a feeling of fullness and lightness at the same time! It is very easy to make kvass from black bread at home. And to taste it, believe me, will not yield to what was previously poured in barrels.
General principles for making kvass on black bread
• Cooking kvass at home is really easy! Two essential ingredients: yeast and dry bread. Yeast must always be fresh, follow their shelf life. Adding honey, raisins, mint and other herbs to the drink is welcome.
• The dishes should be glass or enamelled, but not metal, so that oxidation processes do not occur.
• It is recommended to drink ready-made kvass for several days, as then it can ferment and simply become sour. Store, of course, should be strictly in the refrigerator. • For kvass, we dry the crackers in the shape of cubes. This is best done in the oven, on a dry baking sheet, at a temperature of 120 degrees. Put the pan in a preheated oven. While drying, mix the pieces at least three times.
• The average time for fermenting kvass is one and a half days. The timing varies depending on the starter culture chosen (based on or without yeast) and room temperature.
Classic kvass from bread
• 800 grams of rye bread;
• 4 tsp dry yeast;
• 6 Art. spoons of sugar.
1. We bake fresh bread in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Toasted bread will give a beautiful dark shade of kvass.
2. At the bottom of a three-liter glass jar lay out the dried pieces of bread. Top sugar and pour the bread with boiling water half. Leave for 20 minutes.
3. After a third of an hour, add warm water to the top. We also send yeast there, stir well and leave for a day.
4. The next day, the finished kvass is left to filter to get rid of the pulp of bread. At first, the kvass may seem cloudy to you, but leaving it in the refrigerator for half an hour or an hour will make the drink more transparent.
Kvass from black bread with herbs
• water - 5 liters;
• black rye bread - 0.5 kg;
• 20 g of pressed yeast;
• Melissa - 1 tbsp. spoon;
• Coriander - a teaspoon;
• cumin - 0, 5 tsp;
• granulated sugar - 180 g.
1. Bread dry and brown in the oven for about an hour on a small fire. Pour the croutons in a container with water at room temperature, cover with gauze and leave for two days in a warm place.
2. After two days in boiling water, we brew the crushed cumin, coriander and lemon balm. Leave the infusion for 15-20 minutes.
3. We add yeast to warm water, sprinkle with sugar.
4. While the herbs are brewed and the tremors are activated, we filter the leaven wort.
5. Subsequently, in the future kvass add the infused herbs, sugar and yeast. All components are thoroughly mixed to dissolve sugar. We leave for 16 hours in a dark place with a tightly closed lid. 6. Then pour into another container (plastic bottle), tightly close and insist another 5-6 hours in a warm place.
7. Then cool the kvass to 10 degrees by immersing it in a refrigerator or in a bucket with cold water.
Kvass on black bread with mint
• 6 liters of water;
• a loaf of black bread;
• fresh mint;
• 170 g of sugar;
• a tablespoon of dry yeast.
Method of preparation:
1. Drain the bread in the oven at 130 degrees for half an hour.
2. Break the croutons into pieces, mix in a saucepan with warm water, cover with a lid and remove for 2 days in the pantry.
3. Kvass wort over time get out of the dark room and filter.
4. In mint add a little boiling water in a saucer with sugar, too. Stir the sugar until it is completely dissolved, leave the mint to infuse. In a glass of warm water, add the yeast and a teaspoon of sugar, stir.
5. Add sugar water, mint, yeast to the container with kvass and mix well. Cover with a lid and leave for 18 hours.
6. After that, pour the kvass into a plastic bottle and leave in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
Simple kvass recipe on black bread
• black bread - 1/5 of a loaf;
• 9 leaves of mint (20 g);
• yeast (25 g).
1. Drain pieces of black bread and make sure that it does not burn. Break them by hand as small as possible.
2. The resulting crackers are transferred to the stainless steel tank. Fill them with boiling water and let stand for three hours.
3. After 3 hours, strain. Add 200 g of sugar through a sieve. Add mint and 25 g of yeast. Again, leave in a warm place for 6 hours, covered with a towel.
4. After half an hour, the “dough” rises, in several places we pierce with a spoon so that it sinks, and leave it for 5 hours.
5. For the second time, filter and bottle in which raisins were pre-put (a pinch in each bottle).
6. Pour our foamy kvass through the funnel, close the lid tightly and send to cool in a lying position.
Kvass on Black Bread “Traditional”
• crackers from black bread;
• pack of dry yeast (10g);
• half a glass of granulated sugar;
• granulated sugar 200 g
1. Pour the crackers in the pan, pour hot water (1.5 l). Hot water will well draw out taste and color from crackers. Leave to cool to a temperature of 35 degrees.
2. Pour 100 ml of water into a deep bowl, add 3 tbsp. spoons of sand and a pack of dry yeast. All ingredients are stirred until complete dissolution of the yeast.
3. Pour the resulting liquid to the breadcrumbs, mix a little. Cover the pot with a towel and leave in a warm place for a day.
4. A day later we take out the swollen crackers from the water, filter the liquid through a double layer of gauze or bandage.
5. Pour the liquid into the pan, pour the remaining sand, add a small amount of raisins and 2 liters of warm water. Cover with a towel and leave to wander for another 12 hours.
6. After 12 hours, pour the kvass into plastic bottles, without adding to the end. Leave a little empty space so that they do not explode.
7. Ready kvass remove in the fridge for a day, so that the fermentation processes come to an end. Such kvass is perfect as a dressing for okroshka.
Kvass on black bread without yeast
• water - 3 liters;
• black bread - 300 g;
• 40 g raisins;
• 200 g of granulated sugar.
1. Black bread cut into small pieces. We put to dry in the oven, at this time we boil water and cool it to room temperature.
2. We pour out the crackers in a separate container, pour out the unwashed raisins, on which kvass can ferment easily.
3. Dissolve sugar in cooled water (130 g). Pour into the tank sweet water. Fill not to the very top, so that during fermentation does not flow out. Mix thoroughly and, covering with gauze, remove the kvass in a dark place. As soon as the foam appeared and the slight smell of fermentation, the crackers began to mix - measure out exactly two days. 4. After two days, add the remaining sugar (70 g) to the kvass, filter through gauze and bottle it with 3-4 raisins. Tightly close and remove for 10 hours at room temperature. Saturated with carbon dioxide, put it in the fridge until it cools.
5. The remaining bread can be used as a starter for a new kvass.
Tips and Tricks
• If the taste of kvass is too tart and gives off with alcohol, do not be in a hurry to get upset, add some sugar and water.
• It is important that the crackers are not burnt and break well. The best solution is to put them on a small temperature, but for a long time. To make the kvass darker in color, it is necessary to “overdo” the crackers. Another trick is to add a few pieces of white bread next to it, in order to monitor its color change while in the oven, because it is difficult to notice the burntness on black bread.
• To ferment kvass went more efficiently, leave the bottle with its contents in a supine position. The area of contact of the yeast with the wort will be wider.
• In no case do not add dry yeast to the hot mixture, the yeast will die, and the brew will not work.
• Thanks to raisins kvass will be carbonated.
Black bread kvass is a traditional Slavic drink that underlies many dishes. It is impossible not to note its useful qualities and a pleasant invigorating taste. Now kvass on brown bread is a healthy competition to a large number of drinks that can quench thirst in the summer.
Be sure to try making a nutritious drink according to one of our recipes!