Eggplant appetizers are nourishing, with a savory taste. Especially well combined "blue" with garlic, hot pepper, greens and peanut sauce. It is these ingredients that most often include eggplants in Georgian. For the winter, this preparation is done by many housewives. After all, this appetizer is suitable for everyday and festive table. Of course, preparing it takes some time, but the result justifies the effort spent.
Georgian-style eggplants usually look very appetizing, have a savory, but balanced taste. However, not all housewives, they are equally beautiful and tasty. The fact is that it is not enough to find a good recipe for canning “blue ones”, you also need to know a few subtleties of the technology for their preparation.
- Eggplants in Georgian can be preserved whole or in circles. In the first case, choose the smallest fruits that easily pass through the neck of the jar. In the second case, preference should be given to “blue” of average size, not loose and not having voids inside.
- Eggplants contain corned beef - a harmful substance that also gives “blue” a bitter taste. Get rid of it will help salt. To do this, eggplants are soaked in saline (10 g of salt per 1 liter of water) or simply sprinkled with salt and left for 20 minutes. After that, the pieces of eggplant must be thoroughly rinsed in running water, otherwise they will be over-salted.
- After soaking and rinsing, eggplants should be dried with napkins. Otherwise they will turn out watery.
- It is necessary to fry eggplants. Due to this, they not only become tastier and get an appetizing shade, but also keep their shape better.
- So that eggplants do not turn into a shapeless mass during conservation, they are not cleaned before. Eggplant mugs should not be too thin, otherwise they will lose their attractive appearance and break.
- The technology of cooking eggplants in Georgian means sterilizing snacks in cans. If you do not have a unit specially designed for this purpose, you can sterilize canned food in a large saucepan. At the bottom of it it is necessary to lay a cloth, it is necessary that the banks do not burst when heated. Banks of the same size are put in a saucepan, filled with water so that it reaches the hangers of the cans and set the pan on a slow fire. Sterilization time is indicated in the recipe and depends on the volume of cans.
- Although canned food will be sterilized in jars, jars must be sterilized before putting vegetables in them. Lids intended for capping cans should be boiled.
Eggplants are stored in Georgian in the pantry, they are not capricious. If the technology of cooking snacks for the winter was observed exactly, canned food will stand at room temperature for at least a year.
Whole Georgian Eggplants
Composition (3 liters):
- eggplants - 1 kg;
- walnut kernels - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- cilantro seeds - 5 g;
- salt - to taste;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 80 ml;
- onions - 0, 22 kg;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
- Wash the eggplants, cut them along, but not until the end, but so that the “blue ones” open like a book. Sprinkle abundantly with coarse salt at the incision site, set aside the “blue ones” aside for 25 minutes.
- Separate the walnut kernels, garlic, and cilantro seeds with salt in a mortar.
- Peel, cut onion into thin half-rings and fill with vinegar, leave for 20 minutes.
- Combine onion, nuts, garlic, cilantro seeds, mix thoroughly.
- Wash eggplants to remove excess salt, blot with a soft cloth.
- Open the eggplants and place the cuts down into the frying pan with the hot oil. Cook over low heat to make the flesh less hard.
- Remove the middle of the eggplant and chop finely, combine with the nut mass.
- Start the resulting mass of eggplants and tie them with a culinary thread.
- Put the whole into the boiling oil and fry on all sides.
- Sterilize the 3-liter jar and fill it with eggplants, untightening them beforehand. Try to fold eggplants carefully so that the stuffing does not fall out.
- Fill the eggplant with hot oil.
- Cover the jar with a lid and put it in a large saucepan. Do not forget to lay on the bottom of her piece of cloth. Fill the pot with water and sterilize the jar for 30 minutes. Time needs to be spotted only after the water in the pot boils.
- Take out and roll the jar. Turn it over, cover with a blanket and wait for it to cool.
Eggplant in Georgian, preserved whole, is one of the most interesting appetizers. It not only looks unusual, but also has a completely unique savory taste. You can be sure that it is worthy of a festive table and will be eaten one of the first.
Eggplant in Georgian circles
Composition (for 2, 5 l):
- eggplants - 3 kg;
- walnuts (peeled from a shell and membranes) - 0, 2 kg;
- fresh coriander - 100 g;
- fresh basil - 20 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 60 ml;
- sugar - 5 g;
- hops-suneli - 10 g;
- salt, vegetable oil, water - how much will go.
- Eggplants, after washing, cut into circles with a thickness of at least half a centimeter. Make a salt solution at the rate of 10 g of salt per 1 liter of water, dip the eggplant circles into it. Leave for half an hour. Rinse under running water and, laying on a towel, allow them to dry.
- Sterilize the jars. For this snack is best to use a half-liter jars (or a capacity of 0, 65 liters).
- Mince the nuts.
- Coarsely chop the greens, then chop it with a blender.
- Mix vinegar with water using about 0, 35 l.
- Dilute nut paste with vinegar, add herbs, hop-suneli, sugar, salt in a teaspoon, mix.
- Fry eggplants on both sides in heated vegetable oil.
- Pour the fried eggplants with nut sauce and gently mix.
- Fill the prepared jars with snacks.
- Sterilize the eggplant banks for 15-20 minutes depending on their size, roll up.
- For additional preservation, wrap the jars with eggplants, first turning them over, with something warm and leave to cool in that condition.
Georgian eggplants cooked according to this recipe will not be spicy, so you can eat them even for children. In addition, the nuts that make up the snack, significantly increase its nutritional properties, and not only improve the taste.
Georgian Spicy Eggplants
Composition (2 liters):
- eggplants - 1, 8 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 4 kg;
- hot pepper - 2 pcs .;
- garlic - 100 g;
- walnut kernels - 0, 2 kg;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 100 ml;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- sugar - 50 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Eggplants, without peeling, cut into large circles or cut each vegetable into 8-12 parts depending on the size (first into 4 parts lengthwise, then each part into 2-3 pieces across). Soak for half an hour in brine, then rinse and dry.
- Wash and peel both types of pepper. If you want the snack to be sharper, you can not remove the seeds from the bitter pepper.
- Peel the garlic. Do not forget to protect your hands with gloves, as you can get burned skin from garlic juice. The same applies to the juice of bitter pepper - it should also be cleaned with gloves.
- Screw the garlic cloves, nuts and peppers through a meat grinder.
- Add sugar, salt to taste, vinegar to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil over low heat and boil for two minutes.
- Fry eggplants in a little oil.
- Dip each piece into the sauce and place in one of the prepared jars. Another option is to lay out eggplants in layers in jars, pouring sauce over each layer. In this case, at the bottom of each jar you need to pour a spoonful of sauce, and only then begin to fill them with eggplants.
- Mix the remaining sauce with the remaining butter and fill the appetizer with this mixture.
- Sterilize the eggplants in the jars for 10-20 minutes.
- Close the jar tightly, turn it over, wrap it up.
- After 24 hours, you can remove the jars to the place where you usually store your blanks for the winter.
Georgian eggplants, closed according to the above recipe, will especially appeal to lovers of spicy dishes. If you plan to store canned food in the refrigerator or in a cold cellar, it can be not sterilized.
Georgian eggplants have a unique taste due to the inclusion of walnuts in the composition. Greens that are part of the snack, increases its beneficial properties, gives it a delicious aroma. Georgian eggplants can be spicy and not very good - it all depends on the composition of the sauce with which they are poured. Despite the fact that vegetables are not cooked, the snack is well kept at room temperature.