It is no longer customary to regard eggplants as exotic vegetables. They are presented in abundance and fresh, and in the form of various canned snacks. However, relying on someone else's taste is optional. Choose a recipe from our article and try a snack before canning.
Do you like it? Stock up on the season with a dozen kilograms of young eggplants and other vegetables, cook and preserve - the savory snacks from eggplants are almost always tasty in any form.
General principles for preserving spicy eggplant appetizers for the winter
• Eggplant is desirable to choose mid-size. First, it is easier to cut such fruits carefully, and secondly, large ones contain more seeds. The peel of the vegetable should be elastic and smooth, with a light glossy shine. Fade the fruit immediately set aside, sluggish flesh fall apart during heat treatment.
• In snacks, it is important to preserve the desired shape of the eggplants so that the pieces do not lose it when heated. For this, it is advisable to strictly observe the time recommended in the recipe and not to peel the vegetable.
• Eggplants are rich in corned beef, because of which the vegetable has a characteristic bitterness, in addition, this component is harmful. It is easy to get rid of it, and it can be done in two ways: pour the vegetable pieces with salt and leave for half an hour, putting it in a colander or a sieve, or soak them in saline for an hour. At the end of the process, it is important to thoroughly rinse the eggplants in order to remove the bitterness released. For saline solution in two liters of water you need to take four teaspoons with a heap of salt.
• Spicy eggplant appetizers for the winter, most often canned with tomatoes. Tomatoes, in combination with other vegetables, are prepared with a dressing, which is poured in already roasted, boiled, baked eggplant pieces or stewed in it.
• Snacks are served with hot peppers and garlic. It’s up to you to choose seeds from pepper seeds or not - the sharpness of the snack depends on it. It is in the seeds contain substances that significantly increase the bitterness.
• When preserving eggplant snacks for the winter, cleanliness is very important. Vegetables should be thoroughly washed before processing, and glass containers should be rinsed with warm water and soda and sterilized over steam. Metal covers with rubber bands are boiled for 10 minutes and dried well, laid out on a towel, with the inner side up.
Simple hot eggplant appetizer for the winter “Mushrooms”
• five liters of water;
• half a liter of table vinegar 9%;
• Eggplant, mid-size - 5 kg;
• half a glass of salt;
• half a liter of refined oil;
• three large heads of garlic;
• two hot peppercorns.
1. Inspect and wash the eggplants, cutting off the stem and not removing the peel, cut into cubes no larger than a centimeter. Bitter pepper, and after it we twist the garlic in a meat grinder, we remove the seeds from the pepper or not, at our discretion.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water, dissolve the salt and set on intensive fire. Before boiling, periodically stir to dissolve the remaining salt.
3. Pour vinegar into the boiling liquid, dip crushed eggplants. After boiling again, boil the vegetable pieces for no more than five minutes. The pickle should not boil intensely, otherwise the eggplant cubes will quickly melt and lose their shape - the appetizer will have an unpresentable appearance. Blanched vegetables are thrown back on the sieve and left in it, the water should be completely drained.
4. Pour all the oil into the bulk non-enameled container and set to warm. As soon as the slight crackling goes and the smoke starts to rise, we spread eggplants into it and immediately add a mixture of bitter pepper and garlic, stir it.
5. Boil eggplant in oil for three minutes, try not to stir it often, so as not to damage the pieces.
6. Put the finished snack in sterilized half-liter jars, roll it up.
“Saute” - a spicy eggplant appetizer for the winter
• four kilos of sweet pepper;
• three kilograms of tomato;
• 300 grams of selected garlic;
• Eggplant, medium size - 5 kg;
• 100 grams of coarse salt and hot pepper;
• liter of refined oil;
• 9% vinegar - 500 ml.
1. Cut the washed eggplants into slices of two centimeters thickness. In five liters of cool water, stir the salt, pour the eggplant into the solution and let stand for two hours. During this time, the salt solution will draw out all the bitterness.
2. We wash the tomatoes, and the whole pepper, peel the garlic. From the sweet pepper carefully extract the seeds, in the burning leave. We collect the meat grinder, we twist all pepper, tomatoes and garlic in a large bowl, mix thoroughly. We put on the fire, boil the hot mixture for no more than a minute, turn it off, pour in the vinegar and stir well. 3. We lay out the eggplants standing in the salt solution in a colander or a sieve, dry well.
4. We heat vegetable oil over medium heat. We pour a lot, hoping that the eggplant rings would cover half of them.
5. Fry the eggplants on both sides until soft. Alternately remove the already finished with a fork, dip it in a sharp dressing and immediately put it in a jar with dense layers, trying not to leave any gaps.
6. Fill the jars with metal lids without gum, put on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Turn on the heat, bringing the temperature to 120 degrees, keeping the jars with a snack in the oven for ten minutes, and turning it off, let the temperature drop to the minimum.
7. We get a container with a snack, cover with boiled lids and tightly close them with a sealer key.
Spicy eggplant appetizer for the winter with tomatoes “Ogonyok” (without sterilization)
• 2 kilos of fruits of Bulgarian pepper;
• 5 kg of eggplants;
• two and a half kilograms of tomatoes;
• 100 grams of coarse, pickling salt;
• three hot pepper, preferably red;
• half a glass of vinegar;
• one and a half cup of oil;
• 200 gr. sugar;
• 100 grams of garlic.
1. Fill the tomatoes with water, and both kinds of pepper. After waiting a quarter of an hour, rinse with water. We cut the stem from the tomatoes, carefully select the seeds from the sweet and hot pepper. We twist the vegetables in a meat grinder and stir the resulting mass.
2. Having washed the eggplants, and having removed the stem, cut the fruits into a large short straw.
3. Into the vegetable mass pour salt, stir, introduce vegetable oil. Add eggplants, mix and set aside for heating. As soon as it begins to boil, lower to a level below the average, cook the snack with a slight boil for a quarter of an hour.
4. Add garlic, boil for ten minutes, pour in vinegar. Mix thoroughly, remove the appetizer from the stove and place in pre-sterilized jars. We roll, using boiled covers, and we overturn.
Spicy eggplant appetizer for the winter: salad recipe with beans
• half a kilo of beans;
• two kilos of unripe eggplants; • 150 grams of sugar;
• half a kilo of carrots;
• fruits of Bulgarian pepper - 500 gr .;
• 50 gr. salts;
• two pods of hot peppers;
• three large heads of garlic;
• 150 ml of 9% vinegar;
• half a liter of lean and chilled oil.
1. In the evening, pour the beans with water, remove the soak in a cool place. After 12 hours, wash and boil until done. After boiling, cook over low heat so that the shell of the beans does not burst. Boiled beans throws back on a sieve.
2. Carefully wash all vegetables. Eggplant is cut into large, into cubes, carrots into three large, and sweet pepper is cut into longitudinal strips.
3. We spread the prepared vegetables into a spacious container, through a press we push them garlic and bitter pepper minced in a meat grinder. We salt, we pour sugar, we pour in vinegar and oil, we mix.
4. Bringing the mass to a boil, then boil on low heat for half an hour. Add the beans, wait for re-boiling. Prepare a spicy snack of eggplants with beans even before a quarter of an hour, then lay out in sterilized jars.
5. Roll containers with prepared (sterile) caps. Turning over, we wrap the preservation and leave it to full cooling.
“Teschin language” - a spicy snack of eggplant for the winter
• Selected eggplants - two kilos;
• fresh meaty tomatoes - 500 gr .;
• a pound of Bulgarian, preferably red pepper;
• 150 gr. chilli peppers;
• vegetable oil, non-aromatic;
• 120 ml of vinegar, food;
• granulated sugar - 25 g .;
• teaspoon salt.
1. Cut off the eggplant stalk, cut the fruit into longitudinal plates. We try to make them go no more than 5 mm thick. Fold in a bowl, fill with a weak salt solution, leave to soak. After one hour, rinse the plates with water, dry them, put them in a colander or on a sieve.
2. Peel the garlic, remove the Bulgarian pepper and rinse out the seeds. Grind bitter and sweet peppers, along with tomatoes and garlic in a meat grinder. Pour sugar into the prepared vegetable mass, pour in oil and vinegar, add salt and, having mixed well, set aside. 3. In a frying pan, in heated oil, fry the eggplant plates on both sides. We do not bring it up to ruddy, we hold each side on average fire for no more than a minute - it is important that the flesh becomes soft.
4. Pour two spoons of vegetable mixture into sterilized 1-liter jars, lay out three plates of fried eggplants, pour the vegetable mixture again and send it with eggplants. Banks need to be filled, not reaching 1.5 centimeters to the neck, the last layer is filled with vegetable sauce.
5. Put the jars with snacks in a large container with a cloth covered with a bottom, cover them with sterile caps and pour in warm water. Banks should be covered with water on the hanger, not higher.
6. Sterilize the preservation after boiling water for half an hour, if half-liter containers were used, then 20 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the jars with a snack from the water, roll the lids with the sealer key. Turning over, leave under the blanket until cool.
Spicy eggplant appetizer for the winter with garlic and carrots
• carrots - three small roots;
• Eggplant - 2 kg;
• three onions;
• two hot peppercorns;
• half a liter of unsalted tomato juice;
• two heads of garlic, about 10 large teeth;
• three tablespoons of food vinegar;
• refined oil - 1/4 cup.
1. Cut off the stem of the eggplant, cut along, put on a baking sheet cut up. After smearing the surface with vegetable oil, place the vegetables in a preheated oven. We bake half an hour, the pulp of eggplants should be soft. Before getting to check the puncture readiness, a wooden skewer should easily enter. Let cool eggplants.
2. Small garlic and onion, carrot rubbed with large, cut into thin rings with thin rings of hot pepper. The hottest thing in such a pepper is the seeds; you can adjust the sharpness of the snack by removing them completely or leaving only a portion.
3. In the onions heated with oil and fry until it loses a dull shade. We spread carrots, we extinguish readiness. At the end we add, add a half spoonful of salt and surely one sugar. Mixing hot peppers and garlic in a vegetable roast, remove them from the stove.
4. We spread the browned vegetables on the baked eggplants, smooth them and, pressing them gently with our palms, compact them. Combine the halves of eggplants with each other, you should get a whole eggplant with filling. We fill the cans prepared for conservation with semi-finished products. We put it loosely, leaving small gaps so that there is a place to fill. 5. Mix two teaspoons of sugar and three salts in tomato juice and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil three minutes, pour hot on the banks. We do not reach the neck by two centimeters.
6. As in the previous recipe, we place the containers in a suitable saucepan, the bottom of which is lined with cloth beforehand. Covering the appetizer with lids, pour warm water into free space. Sterilize the preservation after boiling for a quarter of an hour.
7. We get, pour a tablespoon of vinegar under the lid and roll the key. Then turn over and wrap tightly.
Tricks of cooking spicy eggplant appetizers for the winter - useful tips and advice
• For tomato filling, choose well-matured fleshy tomatoes, then it will not be rare.
• After rolling the lid, turn the jar upside down and make sure that nothing flows out of it. If even a small drop of liquid appears, roll it again - it did not help, replace the cover.
• The duration of sterilization depends on the selected volume of cans. Half-liter containers with a spicy eggplant snack should be boiled for 20 minutes, liter at least half an hour.