Summer leaves, but, as they like to joke, it’s cold in our country, it’s when “minus thirty” in the streets they stop eating ice cream.
Well, it means that it is not a hindrance for us to try a wonderful delicacy in any season, especially since we prepare it ourselves from products whose quality is beyond doubt.
Homemade ice cream made from milk - the general principles of cooking
• In order for homemade ice cream to come out of milk in a soft and homogeneous consistency, a special device, a freezer (ice cream maker), is used to make it. But if you strictly follow all prescription recommendations, homemade ice cream will turn out just as good and without using such a device. The main thing is to be patient and not be lazy, trying as often as possible to thoroughly mix or whip the dessert during the first hours of freezing.
• All products for the manufacture of such delicacies should be only fresh. The fat content of dairy products is the highest, since this is what provides the creamy taste of ice cream. The higher the fat content, the tastier the dessert.
• In homemade ice cream with regular milk, dry or condensed milk, which in turn can be boiled or whole, can be added.
• The constant components of any homemade ice cream made from milk are the milk itself and sugar. Depending on the recipe of a particular type of ice cream, you may need: eggs, exclusively their yolks, cream, butter, starch or flour, gelatin or brewed coffee, chocolate.
• Products are whipped with a mixer or whisk together or separately. Then warm up in a certain sequence to the desired temperature. After that, the resulting mass is well cooled and removed to freeze for a certain time, usually for the whole night. The more often they mix or whip the frozen ice cream in the first three hours, the more uniform it will be. It is recommended to do this no less than every quarter of an hour, but it can be every half hour.
Recipe for homemade ice cream from milk - “Creme brulee”
• 30 gr. dry milk;
• 100 gr. sugar;
• 8 gr. starch;
• 340 ml of full-fat milk;
• 150 ml high fat cream, or homemade.
1. Pour 40 grams of granulated sugar into a dry frying pan and melt on low heat, stirring constantly. As soon as the caramel turns dark brown, immediately pour 40 ml of milk into it. Continuing stir, boil the caramel until thick and remove from heat.
2. Mix the remaining sugar and powdered milk and pour in some regular milk. Stir and immediately add caramel to the resulting slurry.
3. Separately, in a small amount of milk, dilute the starch, and the remaining pour into the caramel mixture, mix and strain. Then bring to a boil with moderate heat and pour in starch, diluted with milk, little by little. To brewed "Kissel" turned out homogeneous, intensively stir the caramel-milk mass with a whisk.
4. Put the container with “kissel” in a wide bowl filled with cold water and cool it constantly while stirring.
5. Pre-chilled cream, well beat with a mixer and, without stopping the beating, gently introduce cold “kissel” into them.
6. Transfer the mixture to a plastic container and place in the freezer for an hour and a half. Every quarter of an hour get ice cream and beat it well with a mixer.
7. Then spread the ice cream on the ice-cream bowls, tighten each with a foil and put another forty minutes into the freeze.
8. After that, the ice cream will be fully prepared.
Recipe for homemade ice cream with milk according to GOST - “Milk”
• 10 gr. starch;
• one packet of vanilla;
• exactly 390 gr. homemade milk;
• dry milk - 25 gr.
1. In a suitable enameled saucepan in the volume, mix the granulated sugar with powdered milk and vanilla.
2. Pour 340 ml of milk into the mixture and mix well. In the remaining 50 ml of milk, stir to dissolve the starch, pour it into the pan and stir everything well again. 3. Bring the milk mixture to a boil over medium heat. Then reduce the heat and continue cooking, while still stirring.
4. As soon as the milk mass thickens well, remove from heat, cool and put in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. Then chill milk jelly in a freezer or container in which to freeze for one hour. Do not forget to beat ice cream every 20 minutes with a mixer.
Homemade ice cream recipe with milk and boiled condensed milk - “Creme brulee”
• 100 gr. boiled condensed milk;
• two yolks;
• a small pinch of vanilla powder;
• two spoons of wheat flour;
• half a liter of fat homemade cream;
• 150 ml of homemade full fat milk.
1. Place two large spoons of condensed milk in a deep bowl. Wash the eggs with water, gently smash them and separate the yolks from the whites. Add the yolks to condensed milk, and remove the whites, they are not useful for making ice cream.
2. At medium speed, mix well the egg yolks with condensed milk. At the same time, in small portions, first enter the flour, and after the rest of the boiled condensed milk.
3. Then, without stopping the beating, in a thin stream enter boiled warm, but not hot milk, and put the mixture in a water bath.
4. Constantly stirring the milk mass with a spoon, boil it in a water bath. Take off as soon as the mass thickens. Chill.
5. Separately, before the formation of strong prickly peaks, whip the cream and very carefully combine them with the brewed milk mass.
6. Put the ice cream in a plastic container, close the lid and place it in the freezer for half an hour. Then remove, perebeyte immersion blender, and again put in the freezer. Do this procedure two more times and, after the last cooling, decompose in portions.
Recipe for homemade ice cream with milk and butter - “Creamy ice cream”
• 100 gr. creamy “traditional” butter; • five yolks from large eggs;
• two full glasses of sugar;
• a spoon of starch;
• liter of home-made milk fat.
1. Mix the sugar and starch, add the yolks, rubbing the mass with a spoon. You should get a gentle homogeneous mass, without impurities of sugar crystals.
2. Dissolve the yolks with sugar with sugar so that the consistency of the resulting mass resembles a not very thick ryazhenka.
3. On a small fire, put a saucepan with milk. Immediately put in the butter, cut into medium-sized pieces, and bring to a boil.
4. In a boiling milk gently pour the mixture of yolks whipped with sugar, intensively stirring the hot milk with a whisk.
5. As soon as the contents of the container boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and place in a container with cold, almost ice-cold water. Do not stop stirring the mixture until it becomes evenly warm. After that, leave without stirring until complete cooling.
6. Then pour the ice cream into molds or pour into a large container and store in the freezer for 4 hours. To make the treat freeze evenly, mix it at half-hour intervals.
Recipe for homemade ice cream with milk, gelatin and cream - “Bird's milk”
• domestic or fat purchased milk - 1 liter;
• half a liter of 22% cream;
• 50 gr. “Fast” gelatin;
• 200 gr. natural 72% oil;
• condensed milk can;
• 2 gr. vanilla powder;
• two glasses of granulated sugar;
• 100 gr. natural bitter chocolate bar;
• bitter chocolate with crushed hazelnuts - 100 gr.
1. Put the gelatin in a small saucepan and pour 100 ml of cold water into it. Put the container at the lowest possible heat and heat the gelatin in water, stirring constantly, until completely dissolved. Do not boil!
2. In a saucepan with a capacity of 5 liters, pour milk, add all the sugar, add vanillin. Heat milk to a warm state and mix sugar in it well. Milk “syrup” should not contain undissolved grains of sugar. 3. Add cold cream to warm sweet milk, put gelatin dissolved in water in it and whisk everything with a mixer (20 minutes). Milk formula should increase several times. Put the pot in a basin with cold water to cool the mass.
4. Put cold butter in a small bowl and cut it right in it. Pour the condensed milk on top and whisk everything until it is fluffy.
5. Put the prepared cream into the cooled milk mass and whisk it well again. Spread the contents of the pan in two plastic containers and store in the freezer for 11 hours.
6. After that, shift one of the containers to the shelf in the refrigerator compartment and wait until the ice cream is slightly damp. Leave the second tank until the next time. When the ice cream will spring up when pressed with a finger, remove it from the refrigerator and whisk with a mixer for 20 minutes.
7. Take a half bar of chocolate with hazelnuts and a half of dark chocolate. Break them into small pieces, add four tablespoons of milk and melt the chocolate using a water bath.
8. Cover a small form with a sheet of baking paper so that it covers not only the bottom, but also its sides. Pour the melted chocolate into the mold and gently level it with a spatula.
9. When the chocolate layer has cooled, put ice cream on it.
10. Melt the remaining chocolate and, after it has cooled slightly, apply it in a thin layer on the ice cream.
11. Cover the form with an ice-cream lid or cling film and put in the freezer.
12. When the dessert hardens well, cut it into portions and serve.
Recipe for homemade yolk-milk ice cream - “Coffee”
• five homemade chicken eggs;
• half a cup of lump sugar;
• half a liter of full fat milk;
• a glass of brewed strong coffee;
• half a teaspoon of liqueur.
1. Carefully break the eggs. Place the yolks in a small bowl, and remove the squirrels, they are not needed. 2. Add granulated sugar to the yolks and beat them well using a whisk or a mixer until they are white.
3. In a saucepan, mix the milk with coffee and set on medium heat. As soon as the contents of the saucepan begin to boil, add the yolks, which are whipped with sugar, and boil them on the lowest fire. Do not boil and constantly stir everything with a whisk. Pour liquor into thickened milk coffee mass, stir well and remove from heating.
4. Place the container in a large bowl filled with cold water and, while vigorously stirring the mixture, cool it.
5. Pour the coffee ice cream in a container and put it, covered with a lid in the freezer for 5-6 hours. Be sure to mix every half hour, so that the ice cream froze evenly.
Homemade milk ice cream - cooking tips and helpful tips
• Thoroughly wash the eggs before use with warm water, even if there is no visible contamination on the shell. The bacteria on it can get into the dessert, and since the milk mass with the addition of yolks does not boil, it can lead to intestinal upset.
• To whip the cream better, place it with a whisk or nozzle from the mixer in the freezer for up to half an hour.
• To prevent ice cream from absorbing foreign odors, close the container in which you place the dessert in a frost tightly with a lid. Plastic food containers, the most convenient dishes in this case.