Delicate dough, tasty, aromatic filling, juicy broth - it's impossible not to fall in love with khinkali! In addition to meat, you can put a lot of other fillers in the khinkali stuffing: in any case, it will turn out delicious.
Steamed Khinkali - General Cooking Principles
The process of making khinkali is simple and uncomplicated: knead the dough, prepare the filling, form khinkali, boil for a couple.
The dough for khinkali is prepared from elementary products: water, flour, salt. Eggs are not usually laid.
Most often, the filling is minced meat: beef, pork, lamb, chicken. Less often put mushrooms, vegetables, dried fruits, cheese.
Additionally used spices, herbs and herbs: basil, cumin, coriander, garlic and others give the dish a richer and more interesting taste.
To make a khinkali you need a dexterity, but if you wish and work hard, make a bag of folds with juicy stuffing inside of the dough for everyone.
1. Steamed Khinkali in a Multicooker
• 300 ml of water;
• 500 g of flour;
• salt - 10 g.
• beef meat - a small piece;
• 3 onions;
• salt - 10 g;
• ground black pepper - half a teaspoon;
• 1 glass of water;
• 6 cloves of garlic;
• floor bouquet of cilantro greens.
1. Clean the onion, cut it into 4 parts.
2. Cut the prepared meat into medium pieces.
3. Chop the cilantro with a knife.
4. Garlic, peel and cut the plates.
5. In a deep cup add the meat and all the prepared ingredients for the stuffing, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover the cup with a lid and leave for 40 minutes to soak the meat and get juiciness.
6. Pour the sifted flour into a not very deep cup.
7. Pour boiling water into a separate cup, add some salt and pour it into flour in several steps.
8. Knead the dough with your hands.
9. Put the dough in a plastic bag in the freezer for a few minutes.
10. Grind the meat pieces soaked in pepper and cilantro through a meat grinder with a grid with large holes, thoroughly stir.
11. In the cooked mince pour some water and stir again. 12. We take out the dough from the freezer, divide it into parts, roll it into pellets with a thickness of not more than 3 mm.
13. Glass squeeze circles with a diameter of 6 cm.
14. These circles are rolling again.
15. For each put the meat stuffing, make a bag of folds out of it, pinching the edges.
16. Put the khinkali on the grid of the multicooker, pour water into the lower tank, set the “steam boiling” mode and cook until the water boils, and then cook for 10 minutes.
17. Cooked khinkali are served, decorated with greens.
2. Khinkali steamed at home
• 3.5 cups flour;
• 2 glasses of water.
For minced meat:
• half a kilogram of beef meat;
• 2 onions;
• 300 ml of water;
• salt - 10 g;
• mixed red and black pepper, ground - 1 tsp;
• seasoning zira - 20 g;
• cilantro and parsley - 1 bunch.
1. Pour sifted flour on a plastic sheet, make a well, pour some salt in it.
2. In the deepening pour boiled cold water.
3. Slowly use the fork to shift the flour in the middle. Shift and mix until a thick mass.
4. When you get a very thick mass, knead the dough with your hands.
5. We knead dough with all our strength, from time to time we cut it with a knife, and, as it were, turn it inside out, with the gradual addition of flour.
6. Put the well-kneaded elastic dough in a bag and let it sit for a couple of hours.
7. In the meantime, prepare the filling: the meat is scrolled through a meat grinder along with the onion.
8. Finely chop fresh coriander and parsley and add to the meat, add some salt, pepper, sprinkle with seasoning, mix thoroughly. In a few steps pour water, mix again. The filling should be watery. Ready stuffing put in the fridge for 60 minutes.
9. Roll out the test cakes with a thickness of not more than 2 mm.
10. In the middle put the mince, glue the edges, making a bag with assemblies.
11. Fill the deep pan with water to half the volume, boil until bubbles appear.
12. Put a special grill on the pan from above, on which we put the khinkali.
13. Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
14. Served with sour cream or mayonnaise.
3. Steamed Khinkali Georgian
• beef meat - half a kilogram;
• pork - 300 g;
• 3 onions;
• 6 cloves of garlic;
• parsley - 1 bunch;
• seasoning any - a pack floor;
• flour - 12 tbsp. spoons.
1. We clean and chop the meat, chop the onion, chop the parsley, chop the garlic.
2. Scroll meat through a meat grinder with onion and garlic, add chopped parsley, salt, seasoning.
3. In the mince pour some water, mix well, leave for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Knead the dough: pour 1 cup of boiled warm water into the cup, add some salt and slowly pour the flour, stir it first with a spoon, and then knead the dough with your hands.
5. We give the prepared dough to rest for half an hour.
6. We divide the dough into several parts, each roll out not very thick flagellum.
7. Cut into pieces and roll into thin cakes.
8. Put the mince on the cakes, collect the edges in an accordion, connect them together and twist them in the form of a bag.
9. Put the khinkali on the grid for steam cooking, pour water into the lower tank, bring to a boil, set the grid and cook the Khinkali for 25 minutes.
10. Serve khinkali steamed in Georgian with spicy sauce or ketchup.
4. Steamed Khinkali with Spicy Flavored Minced Meat
• kilogram of flour;
• sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. spoons;
• milk - 300 ml;
• eggs - 2 pcs .;
• salt - 10 g.
For the filling:
• beef meat with fat - a little less than a kilogram;
• a small piece of lamb meat;
• 2 onions;
• garlic - the floor of the head;
• meat broth - 1 cup;
• salt - 1 tsp;
• hot pepper and ground black pepper - 10 g each;
• dried cilantro, coriander, mint, parsley - half a teaspoon.
1. Knead the dough: pour one piece of sifted flour into flat dishes, make a hole in it and pour out some beaten eggs. Pour some salt into the milk, stir it and pour it into the flour along with the vegetable oil and the remaining flour. Knead the dough tight. The dough is left to rest for 1 hour.
2. Prepare the filling: scroll all the meat through a meat grinder. Cut onion into small pieces of garlic, garlic through a press and spread into the meat, add some salt, pepper, add spices. Separately, finely cut the parsley leaves fresh and also put in the filling, mix thoroughly, pour a little broth from the meat and leave for half an hour. 3. Put the dough on the roll into a long, medium thickness flagellum, cut it into small pieces and roll it into thin flat cakes. We put mince on each, firmly pinch the edges with our fingers (be sure to firmly so that the broth does not flow out of the hinkley during the cooking process).
4. Fill the large, wide container with water to half the volume, bring to the boil.
5. In this container we put another one the same, only slightly smaller in diameter, lubricate it with sunflower oil and put khinkali, cook for 25 minutes.
6. Cooked khinkali served with sour cream.
5. Steamed khinkali diets with mushrooms and vegetables
For the test:
• water - 350 ml;
• flour - half a kilogram;
• a pinch of salt.
• fresh champignons - 300 g;
• onion head;
• 1 carrot;
• Suluguni - 30 g;
• fresh parsley - 1 bunch;
• spinach - 200 g;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• salt - at the tip of a teaspoon;
• black ground pepper - 20 g;
• sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
1. Combine all the necessary products for the dough in a cup and knead the stiff dough. Leave it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Cut onion and spinach into small pieces.
3. Mushrooms - in small cubes.
4. Grated carrots with large teeth.
5. Put onions and carrots in a frying pan and fry in butter. After a few minutes, put the mushrooms.
6. When the liquid has completely evaporated, lay out the spinach.
7. Fry for several minutes, add some salt, pepper and add chopped garlic, stir well, remove from heat and cool.
8. After cooling vegetables with mushrooms, add to them chopped parsley and large pieces of suluguni, mix everything.
9. Roll out the test cakes, put the vegetable stuffing on them, roll them up into a bag.
Khinkali boil for a couple (you can in a double boiler) 7 minutes.
10. When serving, lay out on a la carte plates, garnish with dill and parsley.
6. Steamed Sweet Khinkali
• dough mixed with water, flour and salt;
• prunes, figs - 2 handfuls;
• raisins, dried apricots - 1 handful;
• 2 green apples;
• walnuts without shell - 2 tbsp. spoons;
• powdered sugar - 30 g; • sugar - 30 g;
1. Knead the dough on the water with salt, let it sit in the fridge.
2. Fig cut into several pieces, put in a deep bowl.
3. To figs put dried apricots, prunes and pour all strong brew at room temperature.
4. Soak the raisins in another cup.
5. After 10 minutes, dried apricots, prunes and figs are taken out from tea leaves and dried in paper towels.
6. We clean the apples, remove the core, cut into 1 cm thick cube. Sprinkle with sugar.
7. Blender chop nuts to a delicate thick consistency.
8. Put the dried apricots, figs, prunes in a container of a food processor and grind them into a soft thick mass.
9. We shift everything to another cup.
10. Add apples, nuts, powdered sugar to ground dried fruit and mix everything well.
11. Divide the dough into several parts, roll it into a sausage, cut it into small pieces.
12. Roll them into cakes, put fruit and sweet stuffing in the center, close in the shape of boats, that is, close the edges on both sides, and leave a hole in the middle.
13. Put on the grid for cooking for a couple, put them in a deep wide pan and cook for no more than 7 minutes.
14. Serving such unusual khinkali with cream.
Khinkali on a pair - little tricks
• To keep the khinkali from sticking, do not forget to lubricate the pan with vegetable oil.
• If it is difficult for you to make a lot of correct folds, proceed as follows: put the stuffing on the rolled dough circle, put the dough on your palm and, squeezing your fingers, put the khinkali together with a bag.