Khinkali is a dough dish that has a lot of recipes. Not always it is a bag of meat stuffing.
A very interesting option is khinkali puffs that can be steamed in a cauldron, stewed with different ingredients and even baked in the oven. Let's try?
Puffed khinkali - general principles of preparation
Dough for khinkali can be made with yeast, but more often it is cooked fresh on water, kefir, milk, sometimes a mixture of different liquids is used. An egg may be added, but not always. Also put salt, butter, used wheat flour. After kneading, the dough is covered or put in a bag, allowed to rest for at least 15-20 minutes. Then a thin layer is rolled out of it, the filling is laid out, or it is simply greased with oil, fat. Then bend the tip, roll roll.
What can be put in puff khinkali:
• fresh or browned vegetables;
• meat, minced meat;
• nuts, spices.
Twisted rolls are cut into small pieces. Then they are boiled on steam or in water, baked in the oven. There are many main dishes with puffed khinkali, there are several recipes below.
Steamed puffed khinkali
The recipe for the simplest puff khinkali, which are steamed and somewhat reminiscent of lazy manti. For cooking, you can use a steamer or mantovarku.
• 1 cup of water;
• 1 tsp. without tubercle of salt and granulated sugar;
• a pair of tablespoons of oil;
• flour 3-3.5 cups;
• 0.6 kg of any (can be mixed) stuffing;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 onion;
1. Immediately prepare the dough. Mix water with salt and sugar, add butter. Sift flour, add the prepared liquid, in the process of mixing to introduce vegetable oil. Make a cool dough, put in a plastic bag.
2. Grind the garlic and onions, add to the minced meat. Season the stuffing with salt, spices, stir.
3. In half an hour we take out the dough, divide it into three parts. From each roll out a rectangle, put a thin layer of stuffing. If desired, you can sprinkle with herbs. We twist dense rolls. 4. Cut the roulade into 2 cm pieces, transfer it to the steamed trays. Leave enough space for free circulation of steam.
5. Install pallets, cook khinkali puffs 25-30 minutes after boiling.
6. We spread on a flat dish, sprinkle with herbs, served with garlic sauce or ketchup.
Puffed khinkali on kefir with beef
Recipe dish with puff khinkali and meat. Instead of beef, you can take pork, lamb, also get tasty. Dough for khinkali is prepared on kefir.
• 0.7 kg of beef;
• 1 onion;
• 30 ml of oil;
• 2 spoons of tomato paste.
• 0.25 ml of kefir;
• 500 g of flour;
• 1 egg;
• 50 ml of oil;
• 2 bulbs;
• 2 carrots;
• pinch of soda.
1. Prepare the dough. Add salt and soda to kefir, break an egg and fill in flour, at the end pour in a spoonful of butter. Knead a tight lump, put in a bag.
2. On the remaining oil, cook the onion and carrot steaming. Fry shredded vegetables until rosy color, pepper and salt. Leave to cool.
3. In cauldron pour prescription oil, put on the stove. Cut the beef into small pieces, like for goulash. We shift the meat, fry. But as soon as the pieces release the juice, reduce the fire, simmer for about thirty minutes.
4. Open the cauldron, add the chopped onion, fry with beef over low heat.
5. Enter the tomato paste, diluted with 100 ml of water.
6. Roll out a thin, large tortilla out of half pastry, sprinkle with half of roasted vegetables, roll up a tight roll. Cut into slices across 1.5 cm. Similarly, sculpt puff khinkali from the second part of the dough.
7. We spread the resulting rolls cut up on the meat. If the diameter of the cauldron is small, the “snails” do not fit in one layer, then you can make several rows.
8. In boiling water we dilute salt, pepper, put any seasonings, pour the dish. Water should barely cover the dough.
9. Cook under the lid for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with greens at the end.
Puffed khinkali without filling
This dish is a simple roses, which are served to meat or any other dishes, poured over tomato sauces. They may well replace bread or tortillas. If there are no walnuts, then you can prepare the dish without them. Ingredients
• 0.25 liters of water;
• half a kilo of wheat flour;
• salt 1 tsp. without slides;
• 30 g of oil;
• 1 tsp. sugar sand;
• 2-3 tablespoons of walnuts (chopped).
1. Knead the most ordinary fresh dough made from water and flour with salt, but with the addition of sugar, it will improve the taste. Cover, leave for half an hour.
2. Chop walnuts with a knife. You can take a little nutmeg and other fragrant spices.
3. Roll out of dough one large and thin cake. If this is difficult to do, then it can be immediately divided into several parts and make 2 or 3 flat cakes.
4. Smear the dough with vegetable oil, then lightly sprinkle with nuts, just a little bit for flavor. You can fry them first.
5. Twist the thick rolls, cut into pieces in a couple of centimeters.
6. Boil water, add salt, add laurel, peppercorns.
7. Run puff khinkali. Interfere. Boil until ready 7-10 minutes. We make sure that the rolls are not boiled down, we do not let them actively boil, but they should not remain raw either.
8. We take out with a skimmer on a dish, serve immediately, decorating with greens, watering with tomato sauce or melted butter.
Puffed khinkali in the oven
Another recipe for puffed khinkali with meat. But this dish is cooked in the oven, does not require much attention, while it turns out incredibly juicy and tasty.
• glass of water;
• 3 cups flour;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 1 egg;
• salt, spices;
• 500 grams of minced meat;
• 2 bulbs;
• 1 carrot;
• 3 spoons of tomato paste;
• 110 ml of sour cream.
1. Add an incomplete spoonful of fine salt to a broken egg, shake and dilute with water. Add vegetable oil, add flour and knead very cool dough. Remove for an hour in the package.
2. Grind onions and carrots. They can be immediately mixed with minced meat or pre-fry, as you prefer.
3. Season with the filling with spices, add garlic. Do not forget to salt.
4. Roll out two large tortillas out of dough, spread the minced meat, roll up rolls and cut into pieces.
5. Put the rolls in the form of a cut up, get a kind of roses. 6. Mix sour cream and tomato paste, add 1.5 cups of water, pepper, salt is not much. No need to worry about the liquid sauce, half absorbed into the dough, the remnants will be thicker. If the shape is wide and the sauce is small, you can add a little more water.
7. Take a big spoon, pour all the rolls on top. The remains of the sauce just pour on top.
8. Put the mold in a heated oven, bake the khinkali at 200 degrees for about half an hour.
Puffed khinkali with potatoes and chicken
The recipe for a full-fledged second dish with puff khinkali. If desired, the chicken can be replaced with meat or other poultry.
• 500 g chicken;
• 500 g of potatoes;
• 1 onion;
• 1 carrot;
• 40 ml of oil, spices;
• 1 spoon of pasta;
• 1 bunch of parsley.
• 200 ml of water;
• 2 pinches of salt;
• 3 cups flour;
• 3 spoons of butter.
1. Dissolve salt in warm water, pour in flour and knead fresh dough. Put aside, be sure to cover. Let lie down for about fifteen minutes.
2. Cut the chicken in portions, throw in a cauldron with hot oil, fry until light crust.
3. Chop the carrot into strips, also chop the onion, add to the chicken, fry.
4. Peel the potatoes, cut into small pieces, add to the cauldron, pour in so much water so that it covers the contents of the cauldron by 3 centimeters. Salt, even if cooked.
5. Roll out the dough, grease with vegetable oil. You can sprinkle with spices, herbs or garlic. Twist the rolls. Cut into pieces.
6. As soon as the potatoes are cooked for ten minutes, add a spoon of pasta, mix and put the hinkali on top.
7. Cover the cauldron, stew until the rolls are ready for 15-20 minutes. When serving, sprinkle with parsley.
Puff khinkali with nuts and garlic sauce
The recipe for a terrific khinkali layered main dish that can be cooked with any minced meat or minced meat.
• 0.2 liters of milk;
• 50 ml of water;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 4 cups flour;
• 5 spoons of butter;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• 2 tablespoons of nuts.
• 150 g sour cream;
• 3 cloves of garlic; • 2 spoons of soy sauce;
• pepper, salt;
• 0.5 bunches of fresh dill.
1. Combine water and milk, you can take it in half, add salt, add 2 spoons of butter, knead it all with flour, put the dough in the bag.
2. Grate the cheese, chop the nuts, mix.
3. After half an hour, roll out the dough with a thin layer, brush with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic mixture, roll up rolls.
4. Cut the puffed khinkali into slices of not more than 3 cm. Lay out onto steamed trays.
5. Boil after boiling for 15-20 minutes.
6. While puffed khinkali are cooked, you need to make a sauce. Mix sour cream with chopped garlic, dill, season with spices, stir.
7. Take out the rolls on the dish, spread out nicely, sprinkle with herbs, serve with garlic sauce.
Puff Khinkali - Tips and Tricks
• If there is no steamer, you can cook puff khinkali just in water. It is important not to give the dish to actively seethe to preserve the shape of the rolls.
• If khinkali remain, you do not need to throw them away. Can be folded into a form, smeared with sour cream, sprinkled with cheese and baked in the oven.
• You can wrap in rolls not only fresh minced meat, but also fried meat, sausages, various vegetables and greens. Dish options a huge amount!
• In Asian countries, a puff of khinkal is served with meat broth in bowls, pieces of boiled meat and spices. Additionally offer spicy white or tomato sauces.