Pastila is among the most traditional delicacies and at the same time useful. Cooking this dessert does not require the use of large amounts of sugar, sometimes you can do without it or sweeten the product with honey. Most often for the preparation of pastes choose sweet and sour berries and fruits, containing a fairly large amount of pectin, plums are among them. Home plum pastila is a completely natural product, tasty and healthy. Cooking it takes a lot of time, but does not require great culinary skill.
Plum pastille can be prepared in several ways, however there are several important general rules.
- For the preparation of pastes, you need to get a plum puree. If it comes across pieces of peel, it will negatively affect the taste of the product. Preparing a dessert according to the traditional technology, the plums are baked, and then rubbed through a sieve, while the skin and the bones are separated. If the berries are crushed with a blender, you must first remove the peel and bones. For grinding in a meat grinder, it is enough to remove the bones, the peel is crushed so that it will practically not be noticeable in the puree.
- Plum puree can thicken without adding sugar and other components. To speed up the preparation of pastes, mashed potatoes are mixed with egg whites or thickeners are added to it (agar-agar, gelatin). Then the marshmallow turns out to be similar to the delight.
- You can dry the mashed potatoes to the consistency of marshmallows without using kitchen appliances, but the oven and electric fruit dryer will significantly speed up this process.
- When using the oven, it sets a relatively low temperature. In the presence of the convection function, it is activated. If the cooker does not have such a function, the oven door is left ajar. The hob taps, located above the oven, are protected with a special shield, otherwise they may melt and produce an unpleasant smell from overheating.
- If you intend to dry the mashed potatoes in natural conditions, it should be covered with gauze or loose cloth to protect it from dust, insects, direct sunlight.
- To improve the taste of the pastille at the last stage of cooking you can add nuts to it.
- To prevent pastille pieces from sticking to their hands, they are sprinkled with powdered sugar or starch.
It is possible to store lozenges prepared without adding egg whites at room temperature; it will not deteriorate within 4 months. A treat made with proteins is stored in the refrigerator for no more than a month. For storage, the dessert is cleaned in glass jars or containers, less often it is kept in canvas bags.
Classic recipe for plum pastilles
- plums - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg.
- Wash plums. Cut the fruit in half, remove the bones. Weigh the peeled plums - it is on this weight that you need to focus, determining the amount of sugar required.
- Put the peeled plums in the form, put in an oven heated to 150 degrees, warm them for half an hour.
- Remove the form with the plums from the oven. Let them cool slightly. Wipe through a sieve.
- Add sugar to the plum puree, mix. Put the plum mass in a saucepan and stir, stirring, until the composition acquires the consistency of jam.
- Lay parchment on a baking sheet, put plum on it, level with a spatula. The layer of fruit mass should not be thicker than a centimeter.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and dry the plum mass for 5-6 hours at a temperature of 80-100 degrees.
Cool the prepared pastille a little, sprinkle with powdered sugar or starch, cut into strips and roll them into rolls. In this form, place the pastille in a jar or container, close tightly and store for storage in the kitchen cabinet.
Plum fruit candy without sugar
- plums - how much will be.
- The washed and dried plums are completely folded into a baking dish and placed in an oven preheated to 150 degrees. After about half an hour, turn off the oven, leave the plums to cool in it.
- Drain the juice from the form into a bowl. Rub plums through a sieve, thus separating the flesh from the seed and skin.
- Beat the plum puree with a blender, gradually pouring the previously extracted juice into it.
- Return the mashed potatoes to the pan and place in the oven preheated to 120-130 degrees again. To the pastila not burned, the form can be greased with vegetable oil.
- Bake pastila until its layer is 3 times thinner. Keep the oven door ajar at this time.
It remains to cool the pastille, cut, pour with powdered sugar so that it is not sticky, put in jars or containers, close tightly and store for storage in a cool place.
Plum Candy with Honey
- plums - 1 kg;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- honey - 0, 2 l.
- Clean plums from stones, turn through the meat grinder. Put mashed potatoes in a saucepan, put on a slow fire. Boil plum puree until it diminishes by a third.
- Squeeze juice out of half a lemon, rub zest from the fruit (you will need a teaspoon).
- Add lemon juice and zest to the plum puree. Continue to boil it for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add honey melted to a liquid state, mix.
- Transfer the plum mass to a greased baking sheet with a vegetable oil, level with a spatula. The optimum layer thickness is 6-8 mm.
- Heat the oven to 100-110 degrees, put a baking sheet with fruit-honey mass in it, cook for 5-6 hours.
Pastila for this is more sticky than the previous, but more tasty and useful. Including she can sandwich cookies or use it for making other desserts.
Plum marshmallow has a pleasant sweet-sour taste, rich color, pleasant aroma. Make it at home is easy, but have patience, as this process is lengthy.