Aromatic bright jam made from tasty fruits is an indispensable product for making pastries, sweet sandwiches and other desserts.
Prepare jam from a variety of fruits, but perhaps one of the most favorite delicacies is apple jam.
And in order to give it a new flavor note, we will add sweet juicy plums when cooking.
Jam from apples and plums - the general principles of cooking
To prepare a delicious jam, it is best to use ripe apples, but the variety can be any. Use and crumpled, overripe, broken fruit, as long as they are not rotten and moldy.
Apples are washed and peeled, then either cut or twisted in a meat grinder, depending on the recipe. Peel the apples can be cut, but you can leave. With a long boiling it will absolutely not be felt.
Plums can also be of any kind: red, blue, yellow. But when choosing this ingredient for jam, it is important to pay attention to the fact that the fruits are ripe, not rotten. Selected fruits are washed, removed in any convenient way bones and cut into several parts.
Prepared fruit soften, boiling some time in a saucepan, then mash. The easiest way is to chop the fruit to a homogeneous mass with a blender, but if this device is not there, nothing terrible: the fruit can be crushed with ordinary potato mash. In addition, the fruit can be ground in a meat grinder just before cooking.
Sugar is used which has just been taken out of the bag, so that it does not accidentally contain crumbs or other debris, due to which the billet may moldy. Put this component of the jam or when insisting the fruit before cooking, or directly in the process of stewing.
Usually jam is cooked by boiling in a saucepan on the stove, but you can also cook a delicacy in the oven and in the slow cooker. Store, rolled up, in any cool place or in the refrigerator.
Recipe 1. Apples and Plums Jam
Ingredients: • ripe sweet-sour apples - a kilogram;
• blue plums - a pound;
• sugar - a kilogram.
How to cook:
1. Thoroughly wash the fruit: and plums, and apples. Apples cut into slices, remove the core, seeds and stalk. Drain the plums, cut into cubes of arbitrary shape.
2. Fold the plums into the cooking container, pour half the sugar. Top with prepared apples, sprinkle with the second half of the granulated sugar.
3. Let the mass stand for about an hour, then mix.
4. Set the pot of fruit on the stove.
5. As soon as the mass boils, reduce the heat to a minimum, simmer for 5-7 minutes.
6. Add heat to moderate and, while constantly stirring the mass, boil for another 10 minutes while boiling vigorously.
7. Remove the fruit container from the fire.
8. After complete cooling, put the jam on the stove again, set the weakest fire and torment, stirring occasionally, for about an hour.
9. Do not cover the container with a lid, otherwise the jam will turn out watery.
10. Remove the thickened mass from the fire, puree with an immersion blender.
11. Put on a quiet fire again, bring to a boil and remove from the stove.
12. Arrange the jam from apples and plums into pre-prepared clean sterile jars, roll up.
13. To clean after complete cooling in a cool place for storage.
Recipe 2. Apples jam and plums in the oven
• sweet apples - 1 kg;
• yellow plums - 0.5 kg;
• sugar - 700-800 g of sugar;
• water - 200 ml.
How to cook:
1. Rinse apples, peel, core, seeds and peduncles.
2. Wash plums and rinse.
3. Cut and apples, and yellow plums in small slices.
4. Put the apples in a saucepan, add water, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 20 minutes until the fruit is softened.
5. Throw out the softened apples in a colander. Once the excess water is gone, transfer the fruit back to the pan.
6. Add plums, mix, simmer all together for another 5 minutes after boiling.
7. Cool the prepared mass slightly and chop it with an immersion blender. 8. Mix mashed potatoes with sugar, put in a baking dish for roasting in the oven.
9. Send jam to the oven, bring to boiling at 200 degrees, then reduce the heat to 40 degrees and simmer for 2.5 hours. From time to time the jam will need to be taken out of the oven and stirred.
10. Ready jam rolled up hot in a sterilized container.
Recipe 3. Jam from apples and plums in a slow cooker
• 800 grams of apples;
• 400 grams of plums;
• 600 grams of sugar;
• third of a glass of water;
• half a lemon.
How to cook:
1. Thoroughly washed and peeled apples cut into thin slices.
2. Rinse plums, remove bones, cut.
3. Put the fruit in the multicooker bowl, pour in water, mix.
4. Turn on “Baking” mode for 20-30 minutes. Stand apples with plums until softened.
5. Fill the prepared fruits, put them in the bowl of the blender, mix with the juice squeezed out of the lemon and sugar.
6. Pour the prepared mass into the multi-cooker bowl, stew for 1 hour in the previous mode.
7. Lay out the jam in sterilized jars need hot.
Recipe 4. Apple jam and pumpkin plums
• 900 g of sweet and sour apples;
• 300 g plums;
• 700 g pumpkin pulp;
• orange peel;
• kilogram of sugar.
How to cook:
1. Peel the sweet and ripe pumpkin, remove all seeds. Cut the flesh itself into cubes.
2. Rinse apples, peel, seed, cut into slices.
3. Rinse the plums, cut into two parts, remove the bones.
4. Take two stewpot or cauldron. Put apples in one, pumpkins in another. Pour into each half of a glass of water, simmer, stirring, until softened for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Puree the pumpkin, and add plums to the apples and simmer another 8-10 minutes.
6. Smoothed apples with plums and chop.
7. Combine pumpkin and apple-plum mass in one large container for further cooking.
8. Pour a pound of sugar. To languish, not forgetting to stir, until it thickens for about half an hour.
9. Pour the remaining sugar, add about a tablespoon of finely grated orange zest. 10. Continue cooking to the desired thickness. You can even bring the mass to a jelly-like state.
11. Once the jam is ready, put it in clean, dry jars.
Recipe 5. Jam from apples and plums with a garden pear
• 2 kg of apples;
• 500 g plums;
• 500 g of garden pears;
• 2 kg of sugar.
How to cook:
1. Put all the fruits in a bowl, rinse thoroughly. Remove the skin from apples and pears, cut off the core, remove pits from plums. Cut the prepared fruit into cubes.
2. Put the apple slices in a saucepan, sprinkle with sugar. Cook, stirring, for 20 minutes.
3. Add pears and plums, cook over low heat for another 20 minutes.
4. Grind the mass in a blender.
5. To simmer the resulting mass after boiling for at least 10 minutes. The maximum cooking time depends on the desired degree of thickness: the longer the jam will languish, the thicker it will turn out. It is important that the delicacy is not burnt.
6. Put the finished jam in a sterile container and roll it up.
Recipe 6. Apple and plum jam with orange
• 1 kg 300 g apples;
• 1 kg 300 g plums;
• 0.5 kg of orange;
• 80 ml of water;
• 1.8 kg of sugar.
How to cook:
1. Plums, apples, rinse, cut bones and core. Cut not too large slices.
2. Rinse the oranges thoroughly, peel, remove the white veins and bones.
3. Twist apples, plums and the pulp of oranges in a meat grinder.
4. Mix the rolled fruit mass with sugar and water, leave for a few hours to separate the juice, and the sugar dissolved.
5. Set the pot of fruit on low heat, simmer, stirring, after boiling for about 40 minutes.
6. Roll up in a sterile container, remove to storage after the jam has cooled completely.
Recipe 7. Thick jam from apples and plums
• 1 kg of ripe juicy apples;
• 1 kg of any (yellow or blue) plums;
• 120 ml of water;
• 2.5 Art. l gelatin;
• 1.3 kg of granulated sugar;
• 1 tbsp. l citric acid.
How to cook:
1. Pour gelatin with boiled chilled water, mix well. Allow to swell, leaving aside for 30 minutes. 2. Twist the meat grinders through the fine sieve thoroughly washed and cleaned of seeds, seeds, apples and plums.
3. Transfer the fruit mass to the pan, mix with sugar.
4. Cook over low heat after boiling for 15 minutes.
5. Add citric acid and swollen gelatin, quickly mix the mass.
6. Soak on the same quiet fire for literally one more minute, then immediately remove the pan from the heat.
7. Transfer the jam from apples and plums into clean jars.
Jam from apples and plums - the secrets and subtleties of cooking
• To moisture from the fruit evaporated faster and, consequently, jam thickened rather, use the dishes to prepare a treat with low sides and large diameter.
• To make your jam from apples and plums turn out to be a beautiful transparent amber color, boil the mass on low heat. Brown jam turns out if the mass constantly boils and boils on high fire, sometimes burning and perekipaya.
• For making jam, you can use both apples and plums of different varieties. It is important that the fruits are not unripe, it is better to use overripe fruits.
• Put sugar not less than specified in the recipe, otherwise jam may mold.
• Jam in hot form is usually a little thinner than after complete cooling. You can check the density of the finished product you need by dripping a bit of jam on the plate.
• Want to experiment with sweet scents? Add a vanilla pod and cinnamon stick during the stewing. Just do not forget to remove the "flavors" from the mass immediately before seaming.
• Open jam will not spoil if you sprinkle top with granulated sugar or powder.