It is difficult to live without sweet; it is especially difficult to give up sweets for children. Pastila is one of the most useful desserts. It is prepared from fruit or berry puree with the addition of a moderate amount of sugar or honey, sometimes without sweetening. There are less vitamins in it than in fresh berries and fruits, but a lot of valuable substances in the product are still preserved. If the marshmallow is prepared at home, you can be sure that it does not contain dyes, artificial flavors and other harmful additives.
Pastila is of several types. Belt is prepared mainly from fruit puree, sometimes without any additives at all, by drying in air or in an oven. The marshmallow souffle is made with the addition of egg whites. For the preparation of marshmallow, resembling lukum, additionally use thickeners (usually agar-agar). The technologies of cooking various types of pastila are not identical, they depend on specific recipes. But there are several points, given that the hostess will be able to cook pastila at home not worse than the store.
- Fruits and berries for making pastila are baked or stewed in a small amount of water, then rubbed through a sieve. This allows you to get a puree that has a delicate texture. If the mash is done with a blender, the fruit must be peeled before chopping.
- If the pastilles are prepared with the addition of egg whites, which are not subjected to heat treatment during the cooking process, only eggs can be used, in which quality you are sure and fresh and safe. Before breaking the egg, it should be washed with soap and water.
- To obtain pastes, mashed potatoes can be dried in the sun. It must be covered with gauze or a thin cloth. This will protect the treat from insects and dust, as well as from direct sunlight.
- When drying mashed potatoes in the oven, use the convection function. If your cooker does not have such a function, the oven door should be kept open during the preparation of the dessert. Cranes on the working panel at the same time will not prevent to protect from high temperature, having established a special guard limiter.
- Pastela with the addition of honey instead of sugar is obtained more tasty and fragrant, but slightly more sticky. Not everyone likes the fact that the smell of honey is sometimes interrupted by the berry or fruity marshmallow itself.
- The less fruits and berries contain pectin, the more you need to use for the preparation of sugar pastilles. It not only makes the treat more sweet, but also contributes to better compaction of fruit and berry puree. In order to reduce the amount of sugar necessary for the preparation of pastes, berries and fruits containing a small amount of pectin are mixed with fruits that contain a lot of this substance (apples, plums). An alternative would be to add a thickener (pectin itself, agar-agar, gelatin).
Pastilles cooked without adding eggs can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 months. Treats made with the use of egg whites, keep better in the refrigerator and try to use it within a month. Before you remove the product for storage, it does not hurt to put in a fabric bag, jar or container.
- apples (peeled from the peel and seed boxes) - 1 kg;
- egg white - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 100-150 g;
- icing sugar - 20-30 g.
Method of preparation:
- Wash apples, pat dry with a napkin. Cut the cores out of them. Peel the peel with a peeler. Each fruit cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Fold the apple slices into a mold, place it in an oven preheated to 180 degrees, bake for 15 minutes.
- Gentle apple pulp through a sieve.
- Add half the sugar specified in the recipe to applesauce. If the apples are sweet, you can take it smaller, if the sour - more.
- Whip applesauce with sugar mixer. You need to beat for a long time - until the puree is white and slightly increase in volume.
- Separately whisk the whites, adding the remaining sugar in a spoon. Beat up to obtain a dense foam that does not spill out of the bowl, even when turning it over.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the protein mass, put it in the fridge.
- Add the remaining protein mass to the apple sauce and whisk it all together at low speed.
- Place baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Put mashed potatoes on a baking sheet, send it to the oven. Dry for 6-7 hours at a temperature of 80-100 degrees. Do not forget to activate the convection or leave the oven door open.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven. Cut the fruit candy in 4 equal parts.
- Lay the layers on top of each other, freezing them with the protein that is pending.
- Return the pan to the oven, continue cooking the pastille for 2 hours.
Ready pastille remains cut into bars, roll them in powdered sugar and cool.
- fresh raspberries - 1 kg;
- raspberry juice - 1 l;
- vegetable oil, powdered sugar - as required.
Method of preparation:
- sort out the raspberries, rinse. Laying it on a towel, wait until it dries.
- Fold the berry in a baking dish and place it in an oven heated to 160-180 degrees for half an hour.
- Remove the raspberries from the oven, let them cool slightly, wipe through a fine sieve.
- To raspberry puree add previously squeezed raspberry juice.
- Place the saucepan with the mixture on a slow fire and boil it, stirring occasionally, until the volume is halved.
- Pour the mass into a baking dish, pre-oiled, put in the oven. Dry at 80 degrees (and with the door open) until the raspberry concentrate thickens to the consistency of marshmallow.
- Cut the pastille in small squares, roll them in icing sugar.
Raspberry candy is sweet enough, even without adding sugar.
Quiches from Quince
- apples - 0, 4 kg;
- quince - 0, 8 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 0, 65 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Fruit wash, peel, cut into several parts, removing areas with seeds.
- Put the fruit slices in a saucepan, cover with water.
- Place the saucepan with the fruit on a slow fire and simmer them for an hour after the water boils.
- Rub the fruit pulp through a sieve.
- Add sugar and juice squeezed from whole lemon to apple quince puree. Mix well.
- Place the container of mashed potatoes on a low fire and cook it, stirring for 15-20 minutes, until the mass becomes viscous.
- Transfer the mass to a parchment-filled baking sheet, smoothing it with a spatula. Required to get a thin layer, not more than 1 cm.
- Cover the pastille with gauze, leave for a day in a warm, but well-ventilated area.
- Carefully remove the paper with the candy from the baking sheet, lay a clean parchment on it. Turn the pastille on it, remove the old paper.
- Preheat the oven. The temperature in it should be about 100 degrees.
- Place a baking sheet with pastila in the oven for 3 hours. Do not close the oven door.
Sprinkle the pastille with powdered sugar or starch, cut into strips and roll them into tubes. Fold the tubes in a jar or container, tightly close the container and store the treat in a kitchen cabinet.
- pears - 0, 8 kg;
- apples - 0, 2 kg;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - as needed;
- vanillin - at the tip of the knife.
Method of preparation:
- Wash apples and pears, blot with a napkin, peel and seed areas.
- Cut the fruit into small pieces of arbitrary shape and chop with a blender until mashed.
- Mix the fruit puree with sugar, put on a slow fire, boil it in half. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, spread a thin layer of pear puree on it.
- Place the baking tray in the oven preheated to 60-80 degrees, dry the mashed potatoes for 2-3 hours.
The finished pastille needs to be cooled, cut into pieces of the desired shape and size, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Cooking homemade pastes is a lengthy process, but by itself it is fairly simple. Many housewives believe that making pastila is even easier than boiling jam. The finished delicacy is well preserved and can please you and your family members for more than one day.