Almost all the dishes of the Georgian national cuisine fell in love in many countries of the world. The most famous were such as khachapuri, tapak chicken, chakhokhbili and delicious kharcho first course. But not only the kharcho soup is famous for Georgian cuisine, there are equally interesting soups, which lovers of contrast of spicy and spicy tastes will not refuse to eat.
Georgian Soup - General Cooking Principles
Kharcho became famous all over the world for Georgian soup. Traditionally, it is cooked on tklapi of beef with the addition of rice and walnuts. Sometimes tklapi replace tkemali or tomatoes with lemon juice. Today, kharcho recipes have become more diverse, and for the preparation of this first dish they use not only beef, but also other types of meat, as well as additional ingredients, sauces and spices.
Soup chikhirtma differs significantly from kharcho, but, nevertheless, it is also very tasty and interesting. This first dish is prepared on the basis of eggs from poultry or lamb. In the soup there are such spices as mint and saffron, but there is no favorite spice for Georgian residents - hops-suneli.
Bozartmu is also prepared mainly from poultry or lamb. The composition of the soup in addition to meat contains ingredients such as onions and tomatoes. Lemon or pomegranate juice gives a sour dish.
Hashi is a very fat broth based on beef legs, stomach and other seemingly little appetizing parts of beef, but the soup is so tasty and fragrant that it is impossible to resist from the plate or the other. Cooking soup is very long, but the result is worth all the time and effort spent on the dish.
Unlike many other soups of Georgia, shechamandy is cooked without meat, vegetables and cereals. This is the first dish based on matsoni with the addition of eggs and flour dressing. Matsoni is the most popular Georgian fermented milk product, resembling a thick caramel cream with its consistency. Matson is made from different types of milk. It is not only added to various dishes, but also eaten just like that. A good, properly prepared yogurt, if you turn the jar in which this milk product is located, does not flow.
Also, in almost all dishes of Georgian cuisine there are nuts - hazelnuts, hazel, almonds, beech nuts, but mostly they use walnuts. They are put not only in pastries and cold appetizers, but also sauces, soups, hot main dishes.
Well and, of course, spicy herbs, which are used by residents of Georgia for preparing soups and dishes, are of great importance. Without them, Georgian cuisine would not be so interesting and complete. Most often used tarragon, cilantro, leek, savory, basil, mint, green onions. Consume mainly fresh, not dried spices to give the dish a brighter spicy flavor.
Hot chili pepper, garlic gives hot dishes. The common opinion that all Georgian soups and other dishes are very sharp is erroneous. Hot ingredients are used as an additional, not the main component of the dish. In addition, the components often used in dishes - nuts and matsoni - weaken the burning sensation.
1. Georgian soup “Chikhrtma from chicken”
• five eggs;
• 60 ml of lemon juice;
• 20 ml of olive oil;
• 100 grams of corn flour;
• 10 grams of coriander and cinnamon;
• fresh mint leaves.
1. From thoroughly washed chicken, boil saturated broth.
2. Remove the chicken, remove the bone from the meat, remove the skin. Cut into pieces of medium size.
3. Dilute broth in two containers. Two thirds in the first container, one third in the second.
4. In the first one, thicken the flour, and in the second, put whipped eggs and lemon juice mixed with olive oil. 5. First pour the mixture of chicken broth and cornmeal into the pan, then the egg mixture.
6. Bring chikhirtma to a boil, salt and pepper, turn off the fire.
7. Put a few pieces of meat into portions, pour fragrant broth, fill with cinnamon and coriander, decorate with mint leaves.
2. Georgian Shetshamandy Matson Soup
• liter of milk;
• kilogram of matsoni;
• half a pack of butter;
• three egg yolks;
• six medium bulbs;
• tarragon leaves;
• Peel the whole onion and chop finely.
• Put in a saucepan, put the same butter, stew until transparent. Be sure to constantly stir the ingredients, so that nothing is burnt. The smell of burning will spoil the taste of the dish.
• Mix the yoghurt with milk in another saucepan. Not a single lump should remain, the mass should be homogeneous.
• Pour matsoni in a saucepan to the onions, salt. While stirring, bring the soup to a boil. Stew on the most silent fire for ten minutes.
• Remove the saucepan of the fire, when the shechandips are slightly cooled, add the yolks.
• Sprinkle ready-made Georgian soup with fresh herbs in the desired quantity. The more greens there are, the brighter and more fragrant the soup will be.
3. Georgian soup “Kharcho”
• a pound of beef;
• 50 grams of rice;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil;
• 60 grams of tkemali;
• 50 grams of tomato puree;
• three cloves of garlic;
• fresh cilantro;
• half a line of chili;
• 1.3 liters of water;
• 10 grams of acute adzhika;
• black pepper;
• ground cloves;
1. Cut beef tenderloin in small pieces, boil until tender.
2. Shred onion in small cubes, mix with black pepper.
3. Finely chop the garlic and cilantro, mix.
4. Wash rice.
5. Pass the onions in the vegetable oil until soft, add the tomato paste, stand on a quiet fire, stirring, for about five minutes. 6. In boiling broth with ready-made meat, put cereal, onion, passaged in tomato, and salt.
7. As soon as the rice is cooked, add to the soup adjika, garlic mixed with greens, sliced with thin rings hot pepper.
8. Add cinnamon, cloves, hops-suneli and tkemali sauce.
9. Before serving, then Georgian soup another five to ten minutes.
4. Thick Georgian Mogrelian Kharcho Soup
• kilogram of paired veal;
• 120-150 grams of peeled nuts;
• three medium onions;
• a large bunch of cilantro;
• 250 grams megrelskoy adzhika;
• 30 grams of tomato paste;
• Saffron, salt, hops-suneli, black pepper, coriander;
• 100 ml of dry white wine;
• 50 grams of butter.
Veal can be replaced by beef, then the cooking time for meat will increase by about an hour.
1. Rinse the meat and cut into cubes of three to four centimeters.
2. Fry in butter until sweet pepper for five minutes.
3. Add chopped onion, 100 ml of water, wine, salt and pepper. Stew after boiling for 30 minutes.
4. Grind nuts in a mortar. Of course, it is possible to speed up the process and grind them in a meat grinder, but it is the nuts crushed in a mortar that retain all their oiliness and, consequently, flavor and taste.
5. In the finished meat pour nuts, chopped coriander, coriander, saffron, hops-suneli.
6. Add adjika and tomato paste.
7. Simmer all components of thick Georgian soup for another twenty to thirty minutes.
5. Georgian Soup “Chicken Bozartma”
• three tomatoes;
• bunch of cilantro;
• a bunch of parsley;
• a few sprigs of dill;
• juice of half a lemon;
• a pound of onion;
• salt pepper;
• mint leaves.
1. Put the chicken cut into portions in a saucepan, pour a little water over it - half a cup is enough, you can add a little more. Stew until meat is cooked.
2. Remove the chicken and pour the juice into a small frying pan. 3. Stew on chopped chicken juice finely chopped onion until transparent.
4. Mix the onions with the chicken, pour in a couple of liters of water, boil for ten minutes.
5. Add chopped greens, all spices to taste, simmer a few minutes.
6. Serve Georgian Bozartma soup, garnished with mint leaves.
6. Georgian soup “Hashi”
• kilogram of beef scars;
• pound beef legs;
• 200 grams of white bread;
• salt pepper;
• 200 ml of milk;
1. Beef legs first sing, then rinse thoroughly. Scars cleanse.
2. Soak the meat ingredients overnight in cold water in different containers.
3. In the morning, rinse everything thoroughly, cut the scars into small pieces.
4. Put the meat separately in the old saucepans, add water.
5. Bring to a boil, drain the water, pour a new one.
6. Cook until fully cooked; it will take at least eight hours for scars, six for beef legs. The broth in which the stomach was boiled should acquire a milky white color.
7. Take out the foot, mix both broths together with pieces of beef tripe in one pan, put on a slow fire.
8. Cut bread into pieces, pour over milk.
9. As soon as the broth in the pan is evaporated by half, add the softened bread.
10. Pour some boiling water, the meat should be completely covered with liquid, put up the quietest fire, stew the soup for about an hour and a half.
11. Before serving, hash is sprinkled with salt and pepper, seasoned with chopped garlic.
7. Georgian soup “Solyanka”
• pound of beef;
• a glass of dry red wine;
• three onions;
• 20 grams of flour;
• 50 grams of butter;
• a pound of tomatoes;
• three cloves of garlic;
• two bell peppers;
• Slice beef, put in a saucepan with butter, lightly fry.
• After five minutes, chop the onions and peppers, put them to the meat, pour all the wine. • Cut blanched tomatoes into small pieces. Add them to the ingredients in a saucepan.
• Add crushed garlic and ground chilli.
• Simmer for about an hour and a half. Meat should be soft and tender, and tomatoes should thicken to a state of thick mashed potatoes.
• In the ready Georgian hodgepodge add chopped greens to taste and lemons, cut into slices.
8. Georgian soup “Tatariahni”
• kilogram of fat beef;
• four carrots;
• two onions;
• three or four celery stalks;
• several parsley roots;
• Dill and parsley;
• chili peppers.
The soup is cooked for approximately two hours.
1. Put the sliced beef in a pan, pour three liters of water.
2. After boiling, removing the foam, the broth should be salted.
3. After thirty minutes of boiling add the washed parsley roots to the soup.
4. After an hour, sliced carrots and passaged onions.
5. After half an hour celery, cut into cubes.
6. Ten to fifteen minutes before being ready to throw bay leaf and chopped chili pepper into the soup.
7. Serve sprinkled with chopped garlic and herbs.
In fact, cooking Georgian soup is not so difficult, the main thing is to purchase the necessary components for the dish and follow the instructions clearly. Diversify your diet by typing amazing Georgian dishes in the owl menu. Enjoy your meal.