Kebabs are loved by many, but not everyone is ready to consume quite fatty pork, from which in our country this dish is made most often. Lamb and beef are cooked for a long time and are expensive. Increasingly, our compatriots, going to nature, take with them chicken to fry it on the grill. The most succulent and hearty are the chicken legs on the coals. They are so juicy in themselves and so quickly roasted that they do not require prolonged soaking in a special solution. A marinade for chicken shashlik is usually quite simple, because its main task is not even to soften meat fibers, but to give the bird a pleasant aroma and savory taste. You can make it according to different recipes, each of which has its fans.
Marinating chicken thighs for frying on coals is not difficult, but this process has several features that you should learn about in order to get a perfect result.
- Dishes from frozen chicken are usually made drier than fresh or chilled. However, they can also be used for kebabs, if you defrost them correctly, that is, without a sharp temperature drop. It is safer to let thaw chicken legs on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- Before marinating chicken legs should be cut into 2 or 3 pieces. The lower leg is separated from the thigh at the level of the joints of the bones with a knife or scissors, the large thighs are additionally cut in half.
- Chicken roasts quickly, but chicken legs are rather large and contain bones, so they still need to be marinated for softening, keeping them in the marinade for as long as recommended in the recipe. Usually this takes from 2 to 4 hours, less often the chicken leg is required to leave in the marinade overnight. Some compounds allow you to prepare the legs of the bird for frying literally half an hour.
- To make the chicken better soaked in marinade, it will not interfere with piercing a knife in several places.
- Supporters of healthy eating prefer to clean the legs before they are pickled and fried. Gourmets, on the contrary, prefer to cook shish kebab from chicken, without peeling it, as the roasted skin turns out very tasty, ruddy and crispy.
- Turmeric or paprika, ginger, coriander, garlic and other seasonings, greens are often added to the chicken marinade to make the chicken kebab of a seductive flavor. When greens are added to the marinade, it is better not to chop it, as it can remain on the meat and begin to burn while frying on the coals.
- Marinades for shish kebab almost always contain acids, even if it does not contain vinegar. When interacting with acids, aluminum releases harmful substances, therefore dishes from this material for marinating meat cannot be used.
The marinade recipes for chicken legs can be different, but they are all quite simple. Knowing the basic rules of chicken marinating for kebabs even an aspiring cook will cope with the task.
Simple marinade for chicken legs shashlik
- mayonnaise - 0, 2-0, 25 l;
- complex seasoning for chicken - 20 g.
- Prepare the chicken legs, washing them out, drying them with a kitchen towel, cutting each into 3 parts.
- Place the mayonnaise in a bowl, add spices to it, mix.
- Put chicken leg pieces in a bowl of mayonnaise. Stir with your hands so that the sauce covers each piece.
- Put the bowl of chicken in the fridge, leave for at least 4 hours. If you marinate chicken in mayonnaise for the night, nothing terrible will happen either.
This variant of marinade is suitable not only for chicken legs, but also for other parts of the chicken. Due to the presence of vinegar or lemon juice in mayonnaise, the meat fibers soften. The content in the sauce significant amounts of fat allows you to be sure that the kebab will not be dry. A pack of mayonnaise is enough to marinate at least 2 kg of chicken legs.
Marinade for chicken legs with honey and soy sauce
- soy sauce - 100 ml;
- honey - 100 g;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- Spices for chicken - to taste.
- Fold the chicken legs in portions into a large bowl.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut it into half rings about 3 mm thick. Remember with your hands to stand out juice. Transfer the onions to the chicken.
- Wash the pepper. Remove the stalk with seeds. Pepper cut into large rings, also put them to the chicken.
- In a separate container, mix soy sauce, refined vegetable oil and honey melted to a liquid state. Pour the marinade over the chicken legs.
- Add garlic and spices through press.
- Stir meat with onions and peppers.
Marinated chicken legs in soy marinade need 2-3 hours. The prepared composition is enough for 2 kg of chicken. Onions and peppers can be fried along with chicken meat.
Marinade on kefir for ham shashlik
- kefir - 0, 5 l;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- parsley - 100 g;
- seasoning for chicken, salt - to taste.
- Chicken legs, washed and dried with a towel, cut into portions, rub them with salt and spices.
- Peel onions, cut into rings or half rings.
- Wash the parsley sprigs, let them dry.
- Place half of the parsley and onion on the bottom of the bowl.
- Put the chicken pieces in the bowl.
- Place the remaining onion and parsley on top.
- Fill the chicken with kefir.
- Place a plate on top and put something heavy on it. The role of cargo can perform the usual bank, filled with water.
In kefir, chicken legs need to marinate for 3-4 hours. The amount of marinade is calculated on 2 kg of meat.
Chicken legs, fried on the grill, turn ruddy and juicy. To make them as gentle and tasty as possible, they need to be properly marinated. There are several options for the marinade for chicken legs, they are all good in their own way.