Spicy mackerel - general principles of cooking
Spices can not only decorate the dish, but also significantly change the taste of fish or meat. Regular mackerel can be prepared in many different ways, simply by adding different spices.
Spicy mackerel can be cooked in several ways, for example, by marinating it in brine or baking in the oven. You can also cook grilled fish on an open fire in a slow cooker or aerogrill.
This fish will be a great lunch or dinner, with or without a side dish. Be sure to include mackerel in your diet! Sea fish is not only tasty, but also very useful. Children are advised to give a spoonful of fish oil every day, but you can forget about it if you cook fish at least two or three times a week. Inexpensive mackerel will help you not only fill your body with valuable nutrients and minerals, but also save a lot. The main rule to follow when buying a fish is its freshness. Only fresh fish can be useful. Watch out for what:
- The frozen product is tainted with a thin glaze, not a thick layer of ice;
- there is no smell from fish;
- fish of even color without yellowness, gills - dark, without red.
All these factors indicate that the mackerel was frozen fresh.
Spicy mackerel - preparing food and dishes
First of all, prepare the fish. If you want to get a ready-made roar in the whole form, then you need to chop the mackerel in this way: wash it, remove the gills, do not cut off the head and tail. Make an incision on the abdomen, remove the giblets and remove the black film. Then cut the spine with scissors near the head and near the tail, and pull it out. Mackerel bones are large, so it is easy to get them.
Here is another way to pre-fish. Cut off the head, tail and fins, remove the giblets and cut the fish in half. Remove the bones from each fillet layer.
Can I use frozen fish? Can and should be! First, frozen mackerel costs several times cheaper than fresh, and secondly, many cooks believe that frozen mackerel is better to pickle than fresh - so it will turn out more spicy and tasty. In addition to fish, you will also need: lemon, herbs, spices, spices, pickled ginger.
What is the best way to cook spiced fish? You decide! You can marinate it in pieces and then make delicious mackerel sandwiches. Such fish can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.
Spicy mackerel recipes:
Recipe 1: Spicy Mackerel with Lemon
Such fish should be served chilled. In addition to mackerel you only need lemon and salt.
- It is fashionable to prepare mackerel in any way, as long as there are no bones left in the fillet.
- Cut thinly lemon.
- Rub the belly of mackerel with salt and put a lemon, wrap the fish fillet in foil. Cook fish 30-40 minutes in any way - in the oven, on the coals, on the grill or using a home smokehouse. After the fish is cooked, remove the lemon and cool the spicy mackerel. The finished meat will turn out incredibly tender with a thin and slightly sourish taste.
Recipe 2: Spicy Mackerel with Onions and Garlic
Using onions and garlic, you can bake fish and pickle fish. Marinated spicy mackerel will be very fragrant, and it can be stored longer than baked.
- Onion - 1 piece
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Prepare the fish fillet, rub it with a small amount of salt. Put in a container in which they intend to cook.
- Peel the garlic, press it through the press, and rub the fish into the carcass.
- Peel the onions, cut into rings and sprinkle the mackerel on them.
- Pour a liter of water into a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of salt and sugar, bring to a boil, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Fill the fish to the top with water and press down with a load. Spicy mackerel should be prepared 12 hours.
Recipe 3: Spicy Mackerel with Parsley
Another recipe that can be beat with both heat treatment and marinade. You will need fresh parsley and some spices.
- hops suneli
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Prepare the fish fillet.
- Cut parsley, mix with salt and spices.
- Rub the fish fillet with the mixture, then brush it with olive oil.
- Wrap the fish in foil and place in the oven to bake. Cooking time - no more than thirty minutes at 180 degrees.
- If you want the fish to turn out with a golden crust, seven minutes before the end of cooking, unfold the foil.
Recipe 4: Spicy Mackerel with Ginger
Marinate spicy mackerel with ginger.
- Ginger pickled
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. spoon
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Prepare the fish: pull out the bones and cut off the head and tail.
- Peel and chop the garlic. Grate the mackerel with salt, place in a container and put garlic and pickled ginger on top.
- Bring a liter of water to a boil, add salt and sugar, then remove from heat.
- Fill the fish with warm marinade and leave for ten hours under the load in the refrigerator.
Recipe 5: Spicy Mackerel with Soy Sauce
The original Peking mackerel recipe is likely to suit your taste. Serve with a side dish in the form of rice or potatoes.
- Soy Sauce
- Honey - 1 tbsp. spoon
- Pepper Mix
- Prepare the fish fillets: remove the bones, cut off the head, tail and fins.
- Fill the mackerel fillet for an hour with a mixture of water, honey and soy sauce in a 1: 1 ratio so that it completely covers the fish.
- Spread the fish on the foil, sprinkle with the mixture of peppers and cover with a sheet of foil on top. Bake the spicy mackerel for 25 minutes in the oven. Serve cold.
Spicy mackerel - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Before baking the spicy mackerel, you can marinate it a little in the sauce. Here are a few options: mix sour cream, soy sauce, salt and pepper; mayonnaise, dry basil, wine and soy sauce. If you want the fish turned sour, you can take both lemon juice and wine or apple vinegar.
- Do you have a convection oven? You can make a spicy mackerel with a “smoked effect”. To do this you will need “liquid smoke. Marinate the fish in the sauce beforehand and smear it with a small amount of “liquid smoke”.
- The taste of mackerel will greatly decorate the carnation, but be careful - the spice flavor will be very strong. Also try to take ground coriander, this spice will enhance the fishy taste.
- If you decide to marinate fish, keep in mind that the longer the mackerel marinates, the tastier and juicier it will turn out. But do not overdo the fish in brine - if you pickle mackerel for more than five days, the meat will become unpleasantly soft.
- How to store spicy mackerel if you pickled it? Drain the fish and arrange in cellophane bags, then put it in the freezer. Such a fish will not lose its taste, even with prolonged storage. Also, fish can be stored for 3-4 days in brine. To do this, lay the fish in banks and pour the marinade to the top, diluted with water in a ratio of 2: 1.
- When you are preparing the marinade for fish, lower the bay leaf into the water. This will give the mackerel even more flavor.