Stewed tomatoes are a versatile dish.
This is a ready-made garnish, and sauce, and tasty, and most importantly a useful addition to meat, fish, poultry, cereals, pasta.
The process of extinguishing is quick and quite simple, every hostess can master it.
Stewed Tomatoes - General Cooking Principles
The most important thing to take into account is that the tomatoes should be stewed and stewed, not roasted. To achieve this, you need to heat the vegetables on the quietest fire.
Choosing tomatoes for stewing is best red and brown varieties. Any kind will do: fleshy, watery, with thick skin or thin - all this is not significant.
Stew tomatoes blanched or uncut. To blanch the tomatoes is easy and simple, just put them for a couple of minutes in boiling water, and then in cold water, the skin will come down almost by itself, you just need to pull a little. Tomatoes with skin before cooking should be thoroughly washed and dried.
When cutting tomatoes, use only a sharp knife, so that juice does not flow out of the fruit ahead of time.
In stewed tomatoes, you can add spices and spices, they will give the dish a special savory flavor. Tomatoes are combined with almost all spices, but basil, marjoram, dill, oregano, parsley, thyme, and black pepper are especially good.
With stewed tomatoes cook meat, poultry, vegetables, cereals and even pasta. Many may argue, considering that it is enough to add sauce or tomato paste and the taste will be almost the same. It is not true. Fresh stewed tomatoes give the dish a particularly delicate flavor and a unique taste, which the same type of canned tomatoes cannot boast.
Recipe 1. Stewed Tomatoes
The basic recipe for stewed tomatoes, which can be changed, focusing on their taste preferences. For example, tomato paste can be replaced with a sauce, garlic can not be used at all. It is also permissible to add hot pepper and spices such as marjoram, basil. Ingredients:
• kilogram of tomatoes;
• about 10 feathers of green onions;
• two cloves of garlic;
• 20 grams of butter and vegetable oil;
• 30 grams of tomato paste;
• salt to taste;
• parsley and dill leaves;
• pinch of dry oregano, black pepper, thyme and thyme.
1. Rinse the tomatoes, cut at the base, pour over boiling water.
2. Remove the skin, cut into 6-8 slices.
3. Wash, peel and chop the greens, green onions and garlic.
4. Preheat pan, put the butter, heat.
5. Lightly fry the green onions and garlic.
6. Put the slices of tomatoes, simmer, covered with a lid, eight minutes.
7. Add tomato paste, diluted in 100 ml of water, all spices, salt and chopped dill leaves and parsley.
8. Thoroughly mix all ingredients, simmer another 7-10 minutes.
Recipe 2. Stewed tomatoes for the winter
Original homemade preparation of stewed tomatoes is perfect as a sauce for all sorts of dishes. It can also be used as an addition to various soups, goulash.
• five kilograms of ripe tomatoes;
• 50 grams of salt;
• 180 grams of sugar;
• pepper to taste;
• 10 ml of acetic essence.
1. Tomatoes thoroughly rinse, especially if they are not garden or greenhouse, and purchased in the store. Drain.
2. Put half of the tomatoes aside, cut the second into small cubes.
3. Put the chopped tomatoes in a deep saucepan, simmer for half an hour, gradually, as the juice leaves, adding the heat from minimum to medium.
4. Cut the remaining tomatoes into slices.
5. When the first part of the tomatoes is ready, put the tomatoes, sliced, add salt and sugar. Mix thoroughly, simmer for fifteen minutes.
6. At the end of the preparation, pour vinegar essence, add ground pepper to taste. Stir and turn off the gas. 7. Arrange the stewed tomatoes ready in sterile jars, roll up.
8. After the tomato salad salad has cooled, the cans can be stored for storage in a dark, cool place.
Recipe 3. Pork with stewed tomatoes and basil
Basil in this recipe emphasizes the unusual taste of tomatoes and emphasizes the taste of pork.
• a pound of pork (ideally take the neck);
• four large fleshy tomatoes;
• 7-8 basil leaves;
• Bell pepper;
• salt, ground pepper;
• vegetable oil.
1. Rinse the meat, pat dry with paper napkins, cut into small pieces.
2. Salt, sprinkle with pepper.
3. Pour into the butter pan in the pan, quickly fry the prepared pork on all sides until sweetheart on high heat.
4. Add pepper, cut into small cubes, fry both ingredients together for a minute or two. Reduce heat to low.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes without skin, stew under a closed lid for forty minutes.
6. If necessary, in the process of cooking from time to time you can add hot broth or plain water.
7. 5-6 minutes before the readiness to put chopped basil, if you need more salt.
Recipe 4. Meatballs with stewed tomatoes and olives
In this recipe, there is no rice in meatballs, and it is understood that they will have a side dish. For example, the same rice or potato. But you can also add rice cereal, then the dish will turn out completely independent. Expect that about a pound of minced meat will need about 150 grams of dry rice.
• half a kilo of minced meat (preferably mixed beef: pork with beef);
• 20 green olives;
• three cloves of garlic;
• 60 grams of bread;
• 110 ml of milk;
• 50-70 grams of cheese;
• 30 ml of olive oil;
• salt, black pepper;
• Five basil branches.
Preparation: 1. Mix minced meat with bread soaked in milk and chopped onion. Add pepper and salt to taste.
2. Form small meatballs from the minced meat by placing a small piece of cheese in the center of each ball.
3. First, fry the meatballs on both sides to a blush on one tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Pour the remaining olive oil on another pan, put the garlic, cut into plates.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt, simmer, covered with a lid, twenty minutes.
6. Put the stewed tomatoes on top of the prepared meatballs, put the olives on top, cut into two parts.
7. Simmer everything together for 10-12 minutes.
8. Serve sprinkled with chopped basil.
Recipe 5. Eggplants with stewed tomatoes, Provencal herbs and garlic
Also in this recipe, you can bake zucchini or zucchini. You can increase or decrease the number of layers. You can also add minced meat if you want the dish to be more satisfying.
• a pound of tomatoes;
• kilogram of eggplants;
• four cloves of garlic;
• 200 grams of grated semi-hard cheese;
• 200 grams of mozzarella cheese;
• olive oil;
• spoon of Provencal herbs;
• salt pepper;
• dried basil.
1. Cut the eggplants into one centimeter wide slices.
2. Pour them with boiled water for five minutes, drain in a colander.
3. Rinse the tomatoes, blanch and twist in a meat grinder, or chop in a blender.
4. Mix tomato puree with chopped garlic, Provencal herbs, two spoons of olive oil and dried basil. Stew in a thick-walled pan for ten minutes.
5. Put a portion of prepared eggplants in a neat layer on a greased baking sheet, pour over all the fragrant tomato puree, sprinkle with grated cheese.
6. Put the second layer of eggplants, pour the second half of the tomatoes, lay the remaining eggplants on top, cover all the ingredients with mozzarella cheese, cut into layers. 7. Bake the eggplants in the stewed tomatoes should be 20 minutes in a preheated 160 degree oven.
8. This dish is delicious and hot, and warm, and cold.
Recipe 6. Veal in the oven with stewed tomatoes and beans
Instead of meat, veal, you can use young beef.
• 700 grams of calf brisket;
• 600 grams of green beans;
• 400 grams of tomatoes;
• 110 ml of wine;
• two cloves of garlic;
• two bows;
• salt pepper;
• 120 ml of vegetable oil;
• 20 grams of flour.
1. Cut the brisket into four portions, discard, pepper and salt. Quickly fry on both sides of the butter. Temporarily put aside.
2. Chop the garlic into cubes, chop the onion in small squares.
3. Brown both ingredients in the meat juice by adding flour. Pour a small amount of warm water, simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, beans, simmer all together for 12-15 minutes.
5. Put the pieces of meat on a baking sheet, pour all the stewed tomatoes.
6. Cook in the oven on medium heat for 20 minutes, then pour in the wine, sprinkle all the chopped parsley, cook for the same amount.
Recipe 7. Chicken Breasts in Stewed Tomatoes
Instead of ordinary tomatoes, you can take cherry tomatoes. The taste will be more subtle and refined. The dish does not require a side dish. Serve stewed tomatoes, laid out around the meat and copiously sprinkled with basil.
• four chicken fillets;
• salt, ground pepper;
• olive oil;
• 500 grams of tomatoes;
• two bulbs;
• Two tablespoons of fresh chopped basil.
1. Wash and dry all vegetables and breast.
2. Cut the tomatoes into two or four pieces, depending on the size.
3. Cut onion and garlic into thin rings.
4. Chicken pepper and salt, fry on both sides until golden brown in olive oil, giving to each side for 3-5 minutes. 5. Put the tomatoes on the chicken, turn down the heat to a minimum, cover the pan with a lid.
6. As soon as the tomatoes make juice, put onions and garlic, salt and pepper, simmer all together for fifteen minutes.
7. Sprinkle ready-made breasts in stewed tomatoes with basil.
Stewed Tomatoes - Tricks, Tips
• Cutting to extinguish tomatoes does not matter, cut as you like - into cubes, bars, slices. Only it should be remembered that the smaller the cutting, the faster the vegetables are stewed.
• If you suddenly forgot to remove the peel from tomatoes, and the recipe suggests a delicate texture of stewed tomatoes - do not worry. You can extinguish the vegetable, cool, and then grind through a sieve.
• Greens can be used both in fresh and in dried form. It will be equally fragrant and tasty.
• Tomatoes go well with garlic. To give the dish a tart taste of garlic, you need to pre-fry it, then spread the tomatoes themselves. If you need unsurpassed flavor and sharpness, garlic is better to put at the very end of cooking.
• Do not use to extinguish the yellow varieties of tomatoes, their taste is not as universal as that of red and brown.