Iridescent cakes - aerobatics confectionery design. Relatively simple recipes for cakes are complemented by multi-layered multi-colored creams, which take a lot of effort. Is the result worth it? Perhaps it is enough to imagine such a dessert through the eyes of a child. As to the harmlessness of such treats, food dyes are something that should not be saved, and if a very bright color is not necessary, simply fill your rainbow with natural food colors.
Rainbow Cake - General Cooking Principles
• The recipe for any type of Rainbow cake is simple. It can be based on biscuit cakes, fruit or berry jelly, or a specially prepared cream-jelly mixture.
• Whatever the basis of the cake, it is painted in different colors with food or natural dyes. You can use both jelly and bulk food colors. Natural prepare independently, squeezing juice from vegetables and berries.
• To make the cake truly rainbow, you need to have at least six shades.
Rainbow sponge cake
• wheat flour - 425 gr .;
• two spoons of vanilla liquid essence;
• six eggs;
• dough ripper - 2 tsp;
• 360 gr. (2 packs) of oil;
• food dry dyes;
• sugar - a glass with a slide.
• 100 ml of medium-fat milk.
• icing sugar - 300 gr .;
• 350 gr. thickened cream or butter;
• curd cheese - 300 gr.
• culinary dressing.
1. Put the softened butter out of the pack in a bowl, pat it right there in pieces. Dissolve sugar and immediately start to beat with a mixer. After receiving the pasty mass, add the vanilla, and then one by one, enter the eggs.
2. Pour in half of the over-flour, add the ripper and knead thoroughly. Then pour in the milk, stir until smooth, add the remaining flour and mix it thoroughly. Lumps should not remain. 3. Spread the prepared dough in four bowls, tint each one of the dyes. Bake colored cakes alternately.
4. Baking one billet at a temperature of 180 degrees takes up to a quarter of an hour. Readiness check puncture toothpicks, it should come out dry.
5. Combine the softened butter with the curd cheese in a deep bowl. Gradually pouring powdered sugar, whip the cream.
6. One-third of the cream mass set aside to level the surface and sides of the cake, and the rest of the crumble.
7. Spread cooking dressing on the surface of the finished cake.
A simple recipe for Rainbow sponge cake with plain sour cream
• three eggs;
• 50 gr. oils of normal fat or margarine;
• one and a half glasses of sugar;
• rare sour cream, with fat content not higher than 20% - 200 gr .;
• 1.5 cups of good flour;
• 1/2 spoon of soda;
• half a teaspoon of table salt;
• food jelly or dry dyes - 6 shades.
• thick homemade sour cream - 250 gr .;
• half a cup of powdered sugar.
1. On medium-low heat, melt the butter, leave to cool to room temperature.
2. Add sugar to the eggs that are broken in a bowl, whisk until a white foam is obtained.
3. To the sweet egg mass, add sour cream, salt and soda already slaked in vinegar, mix.
4. Slightly beating, gradually enter the flour that was previously transported. Beat until you get a thick creamy mass without lumps.
5. Divide the dough into the bowls, add dyes of different colors to each, mix.
6. Lubricate the inside of the form with refined oil, then lightly powder with flour.
7. Pour the dough of the same color onto the center, let it slightly disperse and immediately pour the dough into a different shade from above. In the same way, add the dough of all colors, let it dissolve throughout the form.
8. Put the form in the oven (180 degrees) and let the biscuit bake for half an hour.
9. Then cool the cake well and cut it into two thinner ones.
10. Prepare the cream. Beating with a mixer at moderate speed sour cream, slowly, adding a little spoon, enter all the icing sugar. 11. Smear the cream first with the bottom of the biscuit, then place the top on it and spread it well too. Apply a layer of cream and on the sides of the cake.
12. It is possible to decorate such a cake with multi-colored jelly beans or confectionary dressing.
Rainbow Jelly Cake
• six packs of multi-colored jelly;
• one liter of fatty, slightly acidic sour cream;
• 50 gr. granulated dry gelatin;
• sugar - 250 gr.
1. A glass of sour cream mix with sugar (50 gr.) Until the crystals completely dissolve.
2. Ten grams of gelatin pour 125 ml of boiling water, stir until its granules completely disperse. After cooling, pour the gelatinous mass into sour cream and quickly stir with a spoon.
3. Pour the prepared cream mass into a detachable form and place it in the cold. In the freezer or general refrigerator compartment.
4. While stirring, dissolve one kind of jelly in a glass of very hot water, cool completely and pour it onto the smetan layer. Put it back in the cold.
5. Cook the sour cream again. Mix it with sugar and gelatin, then pour it on the jelly layer.
6. After solidification of the sour cream layer, pour another jelly that was previously diluted on it. Repeat until you collect the whole jelly cake. The last layer should be jelly.
7. Layers are better fastened together if their surface does not completely harden, and will remain slightly sticky.
8. Molded Rainbow jelly cake before serving, hold for at least an hour in the refrigerator, then release from the mold and cut into wedges.
How to make a rainbow sponge cake on natural dyes
• low fat yogurt - 300 ml;
• one third pack of high-quality oil;
• white wheat flour - 400 gr .;
• proteins from two eggs;
• 300 ml of medium-fat milk;
• two spoons of refined oil;
• 20 gr. crystalline vanillin;
• usual white sugar - 270 gr .;
• factory cultivator, for dough - 2 tsp.
To color the dough:
• tablespoon of spinach juice; • two tablespoons of beet juice;
• carrot juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
• spoon of blueberry juice;
• egg yolk;
• 20 ml of blackberry juice;
• tablespoon of milk.
In cream for dressing cake layers:
• 10 gr. crystalline vanillin;
• sweet cream butter - 150 gr .;
• three spoons of milk;
• 4 spoons of sugar, freshly ground powder.
Decorative cream (for registration):
• fatty 33% cream - 400 ml;
• 2 tablespoons powdered sugar;
• 1 gram of vanilla sugar powder.
1. First, food dyes are prepared. Separately, chop the blender vegetables, squeeze the juice and filter it through cheesecloth. Frozen berries for a minute, put in a microwave and pour out the extracted juice from them, filtering through a sieve. Whisk the yolk with the milk.
2. Beat the softened butter, adding vegetable and sugar to it. Add squirrels, re-shake to achieve airiness. Pour in milk and yoghurt, add flour, sifted with ripper, vanilla and mix thoroughly.
3. Divide the homogeneous dough in six equal parts and tint with different dyes.
4. Bake cakes in the oven. At 180 degrees baking each will take at least a quarter of an hour. Cool the blanks on the grid.
5. To the softened butter, add the milk and whisk intensively until fluffy, gradually adding the powder mixed with vanilla sugar.
6. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until the peaks, gradually adding to them the icing sugar with vanilla.
7. Coating the cooled multicolored cakes with butter cream, form a cake and spread it on all sides with a creamy cream paste.
Recipe of Rainbow jelly cake
For sponge cake:
• granulated sugar, refined - 200 gr .;
• a glass of flour;
• four eggs;
• an incomplete handful of poppy;
• vanilla powder - 1 gr.
• granulated gelatin - 60 g .;
• two glasses, no slides, sugar;
• 1.8 liters of fat, sour, sour cream.
For blue glaze:
• white chocolate bar;
• 100 gr. 33% cream;
• food color blue.
Additionally: • fatty cream - 70 ml;
• food colors of six shades.
1. Pour gelatin with four tablespoons of cold water. After the granules swell, place it to warm up in a water bath and, while constantly stirring, warm up until the gelatin has melted.
2. Stir sugar in sour cream until completely dissolved. Without stopping to stir, enter, adding on a spoon, the cooled gelatin. Strain the prepared mixture through a sieve.
3. Pour two hundred grams of jelly mass into a bowl, tint it with blue dye, then pour it into a bag and, tightly tied, put it in the refrigerator.
4. Prepare six cups. Pour 140 grams of sour cream into each one and tint with dyes.
5. Cover the round, small-diameter form with cling film, pour into it the contents of one of the cups and remove until it freezes in the cold. Then pour a mass of sour cream on top of a different color and also place in the cold. Repeat until you have filled all the layers.
6. Dobela whip the eggs with all the sugar. Add the poppy seed, mix in the flour and vanilla-flavored greens. Put the dough in a mold moistened with butter, bake a sponge cake and cool it.
7. Free from the form of frozen multi-colored jelly and slightly round it on both sides.
8. Shape the mold again with the film and place the poppy cake trimmed to the size in it.
9. Pour some white jelly on it and put blue jelly out of the bag from one side. From above lay down a layer of multicolored jelly under the slope and fill with all remaining white. Place the mold overnight in the common compartment of the refrigerator.
10. Release the frozen jelly cake from the form and film.
11. Melt the white chocolate with the addition of cream, broken into pieces, in a water bath. Add a little blue dye to the frosting, and after cooling, coat the entire cake with it.
12. Whip the cream and brush with a brush and paint them on the frozen glaze of the cloud.
• six multi-colored shortcakes baked according to one of the recipes; • color M & M's big pack
• softened butter - 90 gr .;
• 270 gr. cream cheese;
• a small pinch of lemon;
• white chocolate - 350 gr.
1. Whip cream cheese at moderate speed of the mixer, pour melted, non-hot chocolate into it in a thin stream. Then, without ceasing to beat, in small portions enter the butter. At the end, add a pinch of citric acid to the cream.
2. Set one of the cakes aside, and for the others, in the center, make a hole in the circular round groove for cookies.
3. Coating the cakes with cream, collect the whole cake.
4. Pour M & M's from the bundle into the hole formed in the center and place the whole cake on top.
5. The remaining cream color any of the dyes, cover them with the entire top of the cake.
Rainbow Cake - cooking tips and helpful tips
• For baking cakes, it is desirable to have at least two forms of the same size, and knead the dough in two stages so that it does not stand idle for too long.
• The layers of the jelly cake will catch up better if you pour the new layer until the previous one has completely frozen.
• Before coloring the biscuit with natural dyes, pay attention to the characteristic taste of spinach juice. Its light taste will remain in the baked cake, so if for some reason you do not like it, replace the juice with a dye.
• If, when making a cake with M & M's, you soak the cake layers, do it with extreme caution. If the candy will come in contact with a wet biscuit, their shell melts.