Blackberry jam - delicious billet! Saturated color, amazing taste and a whole bunch of vitamins are hidden in each jar. Jam is good in itself, can be used in different desserts, added to pastries and turn any dish into a small masterpiece. It's time to prepare!
Blackberry Jam - General Cooking Principles
Blackberry wild berries are very soft, juicy, small size. Often break up in the hands and crumpled in the pot. Garden blackberries more dense, large, sometimes even tough. Jam can be prepared from any berries.
Rinse blackberries need to gently. For this, the berries are put in a colander and dipped several times in water. Then take out, put for draining the liquid in a saucepan or hang on a bucket.
What is put in blackberry jam:
• other berries;
• different fruits;
The exact ingredients and types of blackberry supplements are usually indicated in the recipe. Jam is cooked on the stove, but a slow cooker can also be used. There are recipes of preparation without cooking, which preserve the taste of berries as much as possible. But they have their subtleties in cooking.
Blackberry jam “Five minutes”
Five minutes is a favorite by many jam, which allows you to preserve the aroma and taste of fresh berries. From what it is just not cooked, including blackberry!
• 1 kg of blackberry;
• 1.2 kg of sugar.
1. We pour the washed blackberry with sugar, leave it for 5 hours to let the berries make juice.
2. Put the workpiece on the stove, bring to a boil, remove the foam.
3. We notice the time and after boiling boil for exactly five minutes.
4. Cool for 3-4 hours.
5. Again put on the stove, bring to a boil. If foam appears, then delete.
6. Give the blackberry jam to simmer for five minutes and place the hot mass in jars. Done!
Blackberry jam with whole berries
Recipe for jam, in which the blackberry remains whole. To do this, separately cooked syrup. It is also very important to use slightly unripe and dense berries, as the blackberry itself is soft. Ingredients
• 1.8 kg of sugar;
• 500 ml of water;
• 1.2 kg of blackberry.
1. Add sugar to a clean saucepan, add water and set on a small fire.
2. Boil the syrup, it is desirable to make sure that most of the sugar dissolves before the mass boils, so that the jam does not sugar.
3. After boiling, boil the syrup for three minutes.
4. By this time, the berries need to be picked, washed and dried a little.
5. Add the blackberry into the syrup, add the fire.
6. Remove the foam when boiling, boil for five minutes. It is very important not to give such a jam to actively boil, so that the berries do not disintegrate when boiling and preserve the natural form as much as possible.
7. Chill the jam and leave for six hours.
8. Bring to a boil again. This time we boil the preparation in syrup for ten minutes. Let’s cool for three hours.
9. For the last time, let the jam boil again for ten minutes, fold it into clean and surely dry containers, close the lids. You can clean the blackberry billet for storage.
Blackberry jam in a multicooker
Recipe fragrant blackberry jam, which does not require close attention. The kitchen assistant - the slow cooker will take care of everything.
• 1 kg of berries;
• 1 kg of sugar.
1. Pour the washed and dried blackberries into the cup from the slow cooker.
2. Add sugar in the recipe.
3. Cover the container with a clean towel and leave overnight. If there is no such amount of time, then at least 2 hours.
4. Insert the container into the multicooker.
5. Turn on the “Quenching” program, prepare jam for an hour.
6. Do not forget to remove the foam when boiling.
7. We take a clean and dry ladle, lay out the blank in sterile jars.
Blackberry jam with apples
Blackberry very little? You can make jam with apples! The blank will be very interesting, fragrant, no worse than the classic blackberry delicacy. Just get 1.5 liters of jam.
• 1 kg of apples;
• 200 grams of blackberry; • 1 kg of sugar;
• 400 ml of water.
1. We wash the apples, cut them in small pieces, leaving bits. Fold in the saucepan.
2. Add water to the apples according to the recipe. Put the apples with water on the stove, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
3. Drain all the water, leaving only slices of apples in the pan.
4. Add the washed blackberries.
5. Fall asleep all prescription sugar and return to the stove. Expose a small fire and begin to cook the jam.
6. When foam appears, be sure to remove it with a spoon.
7. Cook on low heat for half an hour after boiling, periodically stir the sweet billet.
8. We put in jars, immediately jam the jam, turn it over to cool. Sent to the basement.
Blackberry jam “Dense” with gelatin
A variant of thick and rich blackberry jam, for which ordinary gelatin is needed. You can buy it at any grocery store. It should immediately warn that the billet will initially be liquid and will thicken after cooling.
• 10 grams of gelatin;
• 4 cups of blackberry;
• 3 glasses of sugar;
• 70 ml of water.
1. Fill gelatin with boiled, but cold water. We reserve, while we prepare the main products.
2. Rinse the blackberry, remove the leaves, twigs and the rest of the trash. You do not need to dry anything, let the water droplets remain.
3. Fill the berries with sugar, stir and set on a small fire. If you have time, it is better to combine the sand with the berries in advance, so that the juice could stand out.
4. When boiling from the surface of the jam collect foam. If it is formed again, then periodically remove.
5. Cooking jam at low boil for half an hour.
6. Lay the gelatin, quickly stir and as soon as the mass starts to bubble, immediately turn off. We do not give the blanks to boil well, so as not to destroy the gelling properties of gelatin.
7. Pour blackberry blanks in banks, cork.
Blackberry and Lemon Jam “Citrus Flavor”
Recipe for blackberry jam with amazing flavor. Similarly, you can cook a sweet treat with orange, but its flavor will not be so pronounced and bright. Ingredients
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 1 kg of blackberry;
• 1 large lemon at least 150 grams.
1. We rinse the washed blackberries with sugar, leave to stand for about four hours. Better to put in the fridge all night.
2. Take a brush, wash the lemon, well washing out the pores of the peel. It is in them that dirt accumulates most often. You can pour citrus with boiling water or immerse in hot water. This will not only clear the crust, but also facilitate the squeezing of the juice.
3. Take a grater and rub lemon on the shallow side. Remove only the yellow thin crust - zest. She keeps the scent of citrus. You can immediately pour into a container with blackberry.
4. Cut the citrus into two parts, squeeze out all the juice. If it gets a bone, then remove.
5. Put the blackberry with zest and sugar on the stove, while boiling we remove the foam. Cook for 15 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and boil for about ten minutes.
7. While the mass is hot, put in jars.
Blackberry jam without cooking
Recipe of natural jam with amazing taste of fresh berries. It is advisable to store it in the refrigerator or in a room with a temperature of not more than 5-7 degrees, for example, in a cold basement. Then it will not turn sour!
• 1 part of berries;
• 1.5 parts sugar.
1. We touch the berries of blackberry. Since the workpiece is not subjected to boiling, you need to carefully inspect the main product. Do not allow spoiled, rotten berries, garbage into the jam.
2. We wash blackberry, we dry on napkins. A drop of water should also not fall.
3. Add all the sugar to the blackberry at once, knead with a pestle or just stir well with a spoon.
4. Leave for an hour.
5. We put on the stove, heat it up a little, it is enough to bring it to a warm state. Stir, turn off.
6. After a while we check whether all the grains of sugar have melted. If necessary, the heating is repeated.
7. It remains to decompose the sweet blackberry into jars, close the capron lids and put in the refrigerator.
Sugar Free Blackberry Jam with Honey
Out of sugar? This is not a reason to refuse blackberry jam. You can make the preparation with the amazing taste and aroma of honey. It is very important that the honey is natural. Ingredients
• 400 grams of blackberry;
• 300 grams of honey.
1. Put the honey in a stainless steel saucepan, slowly begin to heat.
2. We wash the blackberry, knead the berries with a spoon, you can just make it out in half.
3. Lay the berries to honey, stir and simmer on very low heat for about half an hour. The mass should not boil.
4. Add the fire, bring the jam to a boil.
5. Boil another minute and quickly laid out in jars.
6. Close the lids immediately, leave to cool upside down.
7. After we remove the honey jam with blackberries in the basement.
Blackberry Jam - Tips and Tricks
• Some varieties of blackberry garden are not very juicy. In this case, for the preparation of need to use recipes with the addition of water and cooking syrups. Hard berries are better to cook whole.
• If you overdo jam on fire, it will lose not only vitamins, but also a pleasant taste. The most fragrant and beautiful blanks are obtained with short cooking. It can be produced in several stages with alternate infusion and cooling.
• Not only citrus zest can be added to blackberry jam for aroma. Wonderful aroma is obtained by adding mint leaves. Appetizing jam can be cooked with cinnamon sticks or vanilla, it is better to use real pods.