Eclairs are very delicate custard cakes. They are made from the most simple and primitive products, but they turn out to be extremely tasty.
If you master the technology and learn how to cook the right dough, you can pamper the household with this miracle at least every day. But without a detailed description and step-by-step recipes to make eclairs with cream will not work.
Eclairs with cream - general principles of preparation
The dough for eclairs is always prepared in a brewed way. This scares many housewives, but in fact everything is not so difficult. The main thing - to take a good stainless steel saucepan or stewpan. Water, fat, a little salt is placed in the dishes, flour is added after boiling, it is carefully brewed. Next, this mixture should be cooled slightly so that the eggs do not cook from the hot mass. With them, the dough is kneaded to a semi-liquid state and is deposited on a baking sheet, immediately baked. Stand disbanded eclers do not need.
What creams can be used for the filling:
• custard, this is a classic;
• from boiled or regular condensed milk with butter;
• cream and powder;
• from cottage cheese with cream or sour cream, condensed milk;
• all types of chocolate creams.
Ideally, the eclair is filled with cream using a syringe or pastry bag with a sharp tip. Top cake can be covered with a layer of chocolate icing or just sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Classic Cream Eclairs: A Step-by-Step Recipe
The most tender and familiar since childhood cakes. Step-by-step recipe for eclairs with custard and a stunning vanilla aroma.
For air semi-finished products:
• 100 grams of oil;
• 4 eggs;
• 250 ml of water;
• 150 grams of flour;
• a pinch of salt.
• 500 ml of cow's milk;
• 180 grams of granulated sugar;
• 3 tbsp. l flour;
• 1 packet of vanillin (or vanilla sugar);
• 200 grams of oil;
• a pair of eggs.
Additionally, you will need icing sugar or cocoa powder for decoration, you can mix them.
1. We measure out the required amount of prescription water, pour into a saucepan and set to heat on the stove. 2. Cut the butter into pieces, add to the water, immediately throw a pinch of salt.
3. Sift the flour so that it becomes airy and “free flowing”. Otherwise, if it enters the liquid, lumps will immediately appear.
4. As soon as all the oil has dissolved and the water boils, we begin to introduce flour. In one hand, take a bowl, in the other scapula. Pour flour and stir quickly. The fire is minimal. We remove the bowl, take the pan by the handle and continue to quickly stir the thick mass with a spatula. Remove from heat.
5. Now brewed flour with water and butter should be cooled a little, approximately to 70-80 degrees.
6. While you can break the eggs, shake. You can add them one by one to the dough immediately, but it will be difficult to stir. If there is a powerful mixer with a nozzle for the test. So you can immediately put the brewed flour into it, it will be much easier.
7. Add eggs drop by drop, carefully stir with a spatula after each time. If you pour a lot, the dough will become slippery, it will split into separate parts, it will be difficult to put it together. We enter all the eggs and knead.
8. Cover the baking sheets with parchment, silicone mat or just grease.
9. Immediately, while the dough is warm and not long, we shift it to the pastry bag. Make a hole or use a curly nozzle.
10. We put the eclairs on a baking sheet. In the classic version, these are sticks 6-8 cm long. Thickness with a finger or a little more. Do not forget about the distance between the cakes. When baking, they will increase well in size.
11. We put baked in the oven. It is necessary to preheat it in advance to 220 degrees, put the eclairs and after 15 minutes reduce the temperature to 160 degrees. Cooking for another 10-15 minutes, looking in color. Take out, cool.
12. Cooking custard with eggs. Remember that he needs to cool down, you can do it in advance. Beat the eggs until foamy. You can take only the yolks. Add sugar mixed with flour. If poured separately, lumps can form. We enter milk, we stir, we send to a plate to cook. Constantly interfere with a whisk or scapula to lift the thickening mass from the bottom. The cream thickened and looked like liquid sour cream? Remove from heat! Cooling down.
13. Beat the softened butter with a mixer for about five minutes. Then in the spoon, we start adding custard, whip it all together and add a bag of vanillin. 14. We spread the cream in a pastry syringe or other similar device, fill the baked and cooled eclairs. You can simply make a hole on the side and put the cream in a small spoon.
15. Put the eclairs on a beautiful dish, sprinkle icing powder or cocoa powder on top with a strainer.
Curd eclairs with cream: a step-by-step recipe
Option of very tasty and even healthy pastries. In a step-by-step recipe of eclairs with cream, ordinary medium-fat cottage cheese is used. But you can immediately take a sweet mass and reduce the amount of sugar.
• 100 grams of oil;
• 1 tbsp. water;
• 1 tbsp. flour;
• 4 eggs;
• 1 pinch of salt.
• 300 g of cottage cheese;
• 4 tablespoons sour cream;
• 5 tablespoons of sugar;
• vanilla bag.
1. Combine prescription water in a saucepan, throw a pinch of salt, add chopped butter. But for the test, you can also use margarine, everything works fine with it.
2. Put the future dough on the stove, bring to a boil.
3. Sift flour, add to hot liquid, quickly stir with a spatula so that dense lumps are not formed. Remove the brewed mass from the stove.
4. Stir and cool for about ten minutes. The hand must stand the temperature with difficulty.
5. Add a little egg. If they are large, then three things are enough. Carefully knead semi-liquid dough and immediately send it to the pastry bag. You can simply take a plastic bag, cut off the tip. But it must be tight.
6. Cover or grease the baking sheets. Immediately turn on to warm up to 220 degrees oven.
7. Extrude oblong eclairs. You can make them round, then squeeze the balls, the size of a walnut. Round eclairs are also spread on a baking sheet with a spoon. In this case, it needs to be constantly moistened with water. So that nothing sticks.
8. We put semi-finished products for eclairs to bake. After 12-14 minutes, remove the temperature to 160-170 degrees. To bake cakes inside.
9. We take out eclairs. Cooling down.
10. You can still make the cream. Curd grind through a sieve or blend with a blender, add sour cream and sugar, pour out the vanilla, beat again. You can give the filling other flavors and even colors, using essences and dyes, respectively. 11. Put the curd cream in the syringe first, then squeeze it into the air eclairs. Fill all the cakes.
12. Since the filling consists of cottage cheese, and this is a perishable product, we immediately remove the cakes in the refrigerator.
Chocolate eclairs with cream: a step-by-step recipe
Step-by-step recipe for eclairs with dough cream on milk. Cakes will be covered with chocolate icing, cream cream with the addition of cocoa.
• 100 ml of milk;
• 5 eggs;
• 100 ml of water;
• 100 ml of oil;
• 210 grams of flour.
• 400 g of cream;
• 130 g of powdered sugar;
• 30 g of cocoa.
In this step-by-step recipe of eclairs with decoration cream, icing is prepared. It will require 150 grams of good dark chocolate, 40 grams of butter, 20 grams of cream or sour cream.
1. Pour the milk and water into the saucepan, add the butter, cut into pieces, and a small pinch of salt. Put the heat on the stove.
2. While sifting flour.
3. As soon as the milk mixture with butter begins to boil, and all the pieces dissolve, we begin to fill the flour and quickly mix the choux dough. Remove from heat, but continue stirring, let the mass cool slightly.
4. Shake five eggs in a bowl, and immediately begin to add them to the slightly cooled dough. This is convenient to do with the help of a bowl with a spout. First, literally pour in drop by drop, then you can act more actively.
5. Thoroughly stir the choux pastry for eclairs to smoothness, put in a bag or in a special pastry bag.
6. Squeeze the eclairs with sausages of 6-8 centimeters, make the distance between them at least four centimeters.
7. Put in the oven. She by this point should already warm up to 220 degrees. After ten minutes of baking, remove the temperature to 170 degrees and prepare the semi-finished products for cakes for about twenty minutes.
8. Take out the baked eclairs, cool.
9. Cooking cream. Take fatty cream above 30%. Otherwise, the cream simply can not whip into a lush foam. You can use special cream on a vegetable basis, they are whipped very quickly. Pour the product into a bowl, immerse the mixer and bring to a lush foam. 10. Mix the icing sugar with cocoa powder. Optionally add vanilla.
11. Turn down the mixer speed to the very minimum, but do not turn it off. Enter the sugar mixture, stir a couple of minutes, bringing the chocolate cream until smooth.
12. We put the cream in a pastry syringe with an average nozzle, make a puncture in the finished eclare, fill it. We start all the semi-finished products.
13. Cooking icing. Break the dark chocolate into cubes. Mix with butter and add a little sour cream, you can take the cream.
14. Put the bowl on the steam bath. While stirring, we melt to a uniform state, but it is not necessary to overheat the glaze, immediately remove it.
15. Lubricate the eclairs on top with melted chocolate, lay out in one layer, wait for solidification. If the chocolate will thicken and harden, we put dreams into the water bath. If suddenly it will be small, then you can type in a spoon and trickle draw a mesh on the eclairs, divorces, any other patterns.
Eclairs with Cream - Tips and Tricks
• Are there empty baked eclairs? They can be filled with another filling and optionally sweet. With salads, herring, vegetables, empty choux semi-finished products are also perfectly combined.
• If you add a teaspoon of sugar to the eclair dough, the color of the semi-finished products will be more beautiful.
• It is possible to cover the filled cakes not only chocolate, but also any other glaze. Children will be delighted with the color fudge with sweet dragees and sprinkles.
• In step-by-step recipes of eclairs with cream, chocolate cocoa powder chocolate icing recipes are often found. It can also be used for coating cakes, at a cost it turns out cheaper than chocolate bars.