Milk soups are traditionally prepared for children, although many adults are not averse to feast on “greetings from childhood.”
Soups are cooked without meat and the milk in their composition is designed to increase the thickness and satiety of the dish.
Most recipes are prepared very quickly, except for the soup with melted milk, and only if you decide to heat it yourself.
Milk soup with vermicelli - general principles of cooking
• Milk soups with vermicelli can be cooked not only in whole cow's milk, diluted in water, but also in melted milk, which can be purchased in a store or heated at home.
• When choosing milk, pay attention to its fat content. The fatter it is, the calorie get a soup.
• Fat purchased, and especially homemade milk should always be diluted, especially for the preparation of children's soups.
• Vermicelli is best to purchase made from flour of hard wheat varieties. Such pasta does not boil soft during cooking, and soups do not turn into porridge.
• Milk soups with noodles must be sufficiently liquid in their consistency. Therefore, adding pasta to them should be exactly as recommended in the recipe. You can put less, but no more, the vermicelli increases greatly, “swells” in the liquid. The most suitable amount of vermicelli for soup is half a cup (two hundred grams) per liter of milk.
• There are quite a few recipes for cooking milk soup with noodles, they all differ not only in ingredients, but also in their cooking methods. But despite this, there is one general rule of preparation - the noodles are lowered only in boiling liquid and when they are brought to readiness, they are periodically mixed so that the noodles do not stick together and do not clump together.
Pumpkin Milk Soup with Noodles
• 250 ml of whole cow's milk;
• 100 grams of pasta, vermicelli;
• 600 grams of pumpkin pulp, peeled;
• butter (natural) oil - 50 grams;
• ground cinnamon - a small pinch.
1. Dense pulp of well-ripened pumpkin cut into small cubes, cover with half a liter of cold unboiled water and put to boil. Upon boiling, reduce the heat and boil the vegetable until tender. Dice a well-softened pumpkin on a fine sieve and set aside for a while.
2. Cook the vermicelli until half ready, dipping it into slightly salted, boiling water. So that the vermicels do not stick together, do not forget to stir it sometimes.
3. Swirl the vermicelli in a colander, rinse with warm boiled or running water and leave it to dry.
4. In boiling milk, without removing the pans from the heat, dilute the ground pumpkin puree and lower the washed noodles when boiling again. Add cinnamon, a little salt, and adjust the taste of the milk soup with sugar, laying it in small portions.
5. Switch the fire to the lowest and heat the soup on it for three minutes, not allowing it to boil. Cover the saucepan with the soup tightly lid and soak the finished dish in this form for fifteen minutes.
6. Served such pumpkin milk soup with liquid honey, and each portion is seasoned with butter.
Children's milk soup with noodles “ABCGDAYK”
• one liter of pasteurized milk of moderate fat content;
• a little less than half of a 200-gram glass of figurative children's “Alphabet” vermicelli;
• 20 grams of raisins;
• 30 grams of dried apricots; cream "Peasant" butter - 40 grams;
• liquid honey;
• fine salt “Extra”.
1. Dice dried apricots and raisins, rinse with hot water and pour boiling water for half an hour. Drain the water, dry the fruits well and dry with a towel. Cut dried apricots into small strips, and leave the raisins whole or a little chop, it all depends on its size. 2. In boiled milk, add curly noodles, dried fruits.
3. Wait for the re-boiling and boil, reducing the heat to a minimum of seven minutes.
4. Butter and honey are added to each plate filled with soup.
Homemade Milk Soup with Noodles
• liter of homemade milk, can be replaced with pasteurized, fat;
• 100 grams of homemade cottage cheese or cream cheese “Feta”;
• 90 grams of vermicelli;
• 40 grams of butter;
• ground cinnamon;
• granulated sugar or liquid honey;
• cooked evaporated salt.
1. Dip the noodles in a pot of boiling slightly salted milk. Wait for the milk to boil again, stir and boil for seven minutes. If you do not have vermicelli on hand, it can be replaced with small horns or finely broken spaghetti made from hard wheat varieties.
2. Turn off the stove, add cottage cheese to the soup, if you take feta cheese, cut it into small pieces and then lay it down. Cottage cheese should be taken granular, the more its grains, the better.
3. Add quite a bit, literally at the tip of a knife, cinnamon, cover with a lid and let the milk soup stand for 10 minutes.
4. Spill soup in sauce dress with butter and sweeten with honey. Liquid honey can be served separately, so that everyone can put it on his plate himself.
Milk soup with pasta and grated potatoes
• small vermicelli - 50 grams (half a cup);
• two large potatoes;
• one small carrot;
• one liter of purchased, medium fat, milk;
• half a liter of bottled water, drinking;
• a small clove of garlic;
• dill - a few twigs;
• to taste allspice;
• natural oil, “Traditional”.
1. Coarse carrot and potato tubers separately with a large grater.
2. Put the grated potatoes on a gauze, wrap a bag and squeeze out all the juice from the potatoes. 3. Put the carrot and squeezed potatoes in a pot of boiling bottled water, salt and boil the vegetables until the carrots soften. Water must be purchased and of good quality, otherwise the milk added to the water may curl.
4. Add the whole portion of milk, boil. In boiling milk-vegetable broth, pour small vermicelli and continue cooking, turning down the fire after boiling to a minimum, until the vermicelli is ready.
5. Put the greens of dill and chopped with a grater or garlic on a press in the soup, finely chopped with a knife, add a tablespoon of “Traditional” butter and allspice. Turn off the stove.
Milk soup with vermicelli with mushrooms on baked milk
• 2,200 l. milk, melted (purchased or homemade);
• potato - 4 tubers;
• 70 grams of small vermicelli;
• 150 grams of dried mushrooms, white;
• one small onion;
• carrot - 1 pc .;
• 250 grams of 20% cream;
• chopped, without stalks, greens: dill, parsley, coriander (cilantro) and celery - each type of 30 grams.
1. Boil the baked milk. In hot, almost boiling milk, put chopped small cubes or cubes of potatoes and cook until half cooked.
2. Salt the soup with fine table salt, pepper with ground black pepper. Add the mushrooms soaked for 20 minutes in hot water and cook the soup further over medium heat.
3. A little later, after about five minutes, put carrots and onions lightly fried in butter (creamy) in a saucepan with soup. Boil another 8 min., Slightly reducing the heat.
4. Add vermicelli. Three minutes before it is ready, pour in the cream, mix everything well and lower the chopped greens. After adding the cream, make sure that the soup does not boil, but only languished.
Milk soup with vermicelli - tricks and helpful tips
• Instead of the usual small vermicelli, you can take “Spider's Web”, but do not forget that it takes much less time, a little more than a minute, to prepare it. And so after adding this type of vermicelli soup should be removed from the stove immediately after boiling. The noodles in this case will not boil soft, but will reach readiness during the infusion of the cooked soup, absorbing the hot liquid. • Whole fat milk for cooking milk soups with pasta is best not to use to reduce the risk of burning.
• If milk is diluted with a small amount of water, the calorie content in the finished dish will decrease, and it will turn out softer and thinner.
• To prevent the milk soup from burning in the cooking process, boil it in a saucepan with a thick bottom and be sure to cook it only over low heat.
• Cow's milk can be replaced by goat milk. The fat content of goat milk is much higher than cow's milk and therefore it must always be diluted in more water and therefore less.
• Potatoes added in pieces can boil poorly in milk. To prevent this from happening, boil the potatoes until half cooked in water and only then dip into the milk.
• To cook soup with melted milk, it is not necessary to take it in the store. Such milk can be prepared by yourself, without spending much time on it. Just pour boiled milk into a thermos and leave it in, tightly closed with a lid, for six hours.
• If diluted with water starch is added to milk soup with vermicelli on baked milk with mushrooms, it will be thicker. Per liter of liquid is recommended to take a third teaspoon of starch (potato).