Fried crisp, ruddy and glittering surrounded by fruit or potatoes - a beautiful culinary still life on a festive table. It is doubly pleasant that cooking baked chicken in foil in the oven does not require special culinary skills.
Each housewife has similar recipes, but sometimes you want to add variety to the festive family menu. So let's see what secrets of cooking chicken in the foil in the oven, in step-by-step recipes, are stored in culinary notebooks of experienced housewives and professional chefs.
Step-by-step chicken recipes in foil in the oven - the basic technological principles
Chicken is one of the most common meat dishes, and there are many options for its preparation, and each of them is special. Dietary meat contains many useful substances necessary for the human body. The meat of this bird is combined with almost all vegetables, fruits, cereals: it can be cooked separately and served with any side dish, and can be stuffed. Bake chicken or its individual parts can be in the sleeve, foil or just in the form. Each of these methods gives the meat a new, unique taste.
If you bake a chicken without the use of fat, in its own juice, the caloric content of the dish is significantly reduced. The most beneficial is chicken breast, cleared from the skin - it contains a lot of protein and has almost no fat, but to cook it in the oven, you need to add more vegetables to make it juicy.
The choice of chicken should be approached very carefully, because it will depend on her taste of the dish. The most useful and tasty - poultry meat grown on the range. Do not buy frozen poultry. Firstly, it loses its taste after defrosting, and, secondly, a lot of unscrupulous manufacturers introduce up to 40% of water into it, thus earning on its weight.
How to determine the freshness of meat?
Fresh chicken meat has a light pink color, slightly moist and yellowish skin with a pink tinge. If the chicken is young, its fat has a lighter shade. The chicken carcass must be elastic, dense, not slip and not stick. The age of the carcass can also be determined by the tip of the breast: the young bird has an easily bending, cartilaginous tip.
The stale meat first smells damp and then has a sour or putrid odor.
For chicken meat you can pick up a lot of spicy bouquets of herbs and spices.
Step-by-step recipe for chicken baked in foil in the oven
This is the easiest recipe for step-by-step cooking chicken in foil in the oven, does not require special skills, and the result is an aromatic, tasty dish that will decorate any table.
Chicken cooled 1 pc. (2-2,2 kg)
Mayonnaise 67% 3 tbsp. l
Salt 16 g / 1kg meat
Garlic 6-7 cloves
1. Prepare the chicken for baking. Grind the carcass, wash it thoroughly, and dry with a napkin. Rub with salt and leave to lie down for 30 minutes. In order for the chicken to be more juicy, you should take the chilled carcass, not the frozen one.
2. While the chicken soaks up the salt, prepare the marinade. Take a convenient container and place mayonnaise in it, add pepper. Peel the garlic, chop into a mush, and add it to a mixture of mayonnaise and pepper, mix thoroughly. Optionally, mayonnaise can be replaced with sour cream and add other seasonings for chicken.
3. Marinate the chicken. Cover it with marinade, and do not forget to grease inside. Put in the fridge for a few hours. Remember: the longer it remains in the marinade, the better, so if possible it should be kept in the refrigerator overnight.
4. When the chicken is ready to bake, wrap it in foil, heat the oven to 200 degrees and set it to bake for 1 hour. Baking time may vary depending on the features of the oven and the size of the chicken. Deploy the foil 15 minutes before readiness so that the chicken will turn a ruddy color. You can check the readiness by piercing the carcass: if light juice is released, then you can already get it out of the oven.
5. For baked chicken, serve fresh vegetables, boiled potatoes or fries. Chicken lay on a dish covered with lettuce, garnish with leaves or sprigs of spicy greens. Serve tomato or mustard sauce separately. You can make several sauces to choose from.
Chicken with oranges, potatoes and cheese in foil in the oven: a step by step recipe
Despite the huge number of recipes, in which the main ingredient remains the chicken, the taste of the dish is always different, as it is complemented by products that give the chicken meat a new taste and aroma. In the presented step-by-step recipe describes how to cook chicken in foil in the oven with the addition of potatoes, oranges and cheese.
1 chicken carcass
Potatoes 500 g
Hard cheese 300 g
Orange 3 pcs.
Salt 3 tbsp. l
Turmeric 0.5 tsp.
Ground black pepper 1 tsp.
Provencal herbs 1.5 tsp.
Ground pepper 1 tsp.
1. Treat the chicken: wash, remove the extreme phalanges, cut the gland on the tailbone. To remove excess water, blot with a tissue. Grate it with a mixture of dry ground spices.
2. Squeeze the juice of oranges, pour them chicken and put it in the refrigerator for several hours.
3. Cut the peeled potatoes into 2-3 cm small pieces, then salt and pepper.
4. Grate the cheese on a large grater.
5. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cover the bottom of the pan with foil. In the center, place the chicken, and around - the pieces of potato. Sprinkle potatoes with grated cheese. Cover the chicken with foil, seal tightly, twisting the edges of the top sheet. If it is poorly sealed, the juice will drain on the baking sheet and burn, and the meat will turn out dry.
6. Bake the chicken for 1 hour, then remove the top layer of foil and allow it to brown.
7. Go on to make the sauce. Put the cream on the fire. Melt the butter in the pan and add the flour. Passe until golden. Stir continuously to prevent the flour from burning. Pour in boiling cream and salt. Remove the sauce from the heat and whisk well until smooth. If desired, you can add chopped greens.
Step-by-step recipe for chicken with quince and rice in foil in the oven
Chicken with quince and rice is a very original and effortless dish. You can also prepare such a dish with any other cereal, as any side dish goes well with baked chicken. Ingredients:
Chilled Chicken 1 pc.
Quince large 3 pcs.
Sour cream 20% 200 g
Long grain rice, steamed 200 g
White onion 2 pcs.
Spinach 400 g
Apple juice 50 ml
Apples 400 g
Liquid honey 2 tbsp. l
Garlic 3 tooth.
Ground black pepper
1. Rinse and water rice. Leave it to get wet for 30-40 minutes.
2. Pluck the chicken, cut off the excess fat, rinse under running water. Blot the water with a tissue. You can take any chicken: homemade or “shop-based”, but it is worth remembering that broiler carcasses are much juicier than homemade meat, although less useful. There are more feathers in the domestic chicken, so it will need to be further tarred. Carefully rub it with spices from all sides. Do not forget about the inside of the chicken.
3. Peel the garlic, chop, and put it in honey. Stir the mixture thoroughly and grease the chicken. Leave it to marinate for 3-4 hours.
4. Pour some vegetable oil into the hot frying pan. Wash the quince, cut into small slices and put in a frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Cut the peeled onion into half rings and add to the quince. Pass another 5 minutes. Pour in apple juice, move and leave under the lid for a few more minutes, then remove from heat.
6. While the chicken is pickled, boil the rice in salted water. It should be boiled to half-ready, as it comes in the oven. Drain, rinse with cold water, let it drain.
7. Fill the chicken with rice and place it on a pan lined with foil. Around the carcass lay the pieces of quince with onions, cover with the second sheet, tightly fastening the edges of the foil.
8. Bake the chicken for an hour at a temperature of 180-200 ° C. Deploy it 15 minutes until ready to browse.
9. Go to making the sauce. Wash the spinach, cut it into small pieces and boil it. Rub it through a strainer, along with a decoction.
10. Wash, peel the apples and boil them, and then mash them.
11. Grind tarragon herbs, add to sour cream and salt. Mix the spinach with apples and sour cream. Beat the mixture with a blender until smooth. 12. Serve the sauce to the chicken separately.
Useful tips and tricks of the step-by-step recipe for cooking chicken in foil in the oven
- It is better to bake the chicken in a cast-iron or ceramic form, and not in a baking sheet. The high sides of these containers do not heat up immediately and give off heat to the meat evenly from all sides.
- Foil is of two types: for baking and for storing food, therefore, when choosing a foil, it is necessary to pay attention to its purpose.
- When baking chicken in foil, it should be remembered that the glossy side of the foil reflects the heat better than matte, so you need to wrap the meat with the shiny side inward.
- The edges of the foil should look up so that the flowing juice does not flow into the form. It is also necessary to cover the meat with foil completely and make sure that there are no open corners.
- It is better to take the chicken chilled rather than frozen, because after defrosting the baked chicken loses its juiciness and becomes drier.
- The carcass should drain well after rinsing. It would be better if you wipe it with a paper towel. If it is wet, then a crisp will not work.
- In order for the chicken to redden, it is necessary 20 minutes before being ready to open it on top and pour the spilled juice.
- To find out if the meat is ready, just look at the edges of the foil: if they are black, then it is ready. You can also slightly open the foil and pierce it in the thickest place - light juice indicates readiness.