Our ancestors treated bread with respect, trying not to throw away a piece. Today, many prefer to do without this product or eat it in small quantities. As a result, it dries up or becomes moldy, it turns out to be in a trash can. But bread can be saved by turning it into fragrant crunchy croutons, which are difficult to resist even to those who are indifferent to snacks. In a small amount, this simple snack is even useful: it contains vitamins of group B and other components necessary for the body. Therefore, it makes sense to learn how to make crackers with garlic at home. They can be used as an additive to salads and soups, as a snack for beer. Children will be especially glad to them.
Cooking crackers with garlic is not a difficult task. Even a teenager can make such snacks, not to mention an experienced hostess. However, due to the lack of knowledge of certain points, a culinary experiment can fail.
- For the preparation of garlic and garlic crackers, any kind of bread is suitable, but the easiest way to make them is rye loaf. Black bread has a thicker consistency and is easily cut into slices of any shape, while crumbly loaf or bran loaf is much more difficult to grind. If you intend to make snacks from white bread and you have it soft, you should not cut it into small pieces.
- Baton will be easier to cut into even slices, if you turn the convex side down.
- Croutons made from lightly dried bread are more flavorful and tasty than fresh. If you don’t have yesterday’s loaf, you really want to make homemade croutons, you can dry the bread before chopping - put it in the refrigerator for two hours. This trick will work only if your cooling unit is equipped with the “no frost” function.
- For the preparation of crackers use only the crumb, it is desirable to cut the crusts.
- Garlic for the preparation of crackers can be used fresh or granulated. Snacks with these types of seasoning are different in taste and aroma, but which ones are better cannot be said: everything depends on the gastronomic preferences of the person who tastes them.
- To make the garlic and seasoning stick better to the pieces of bread, they are oiled or sprinkled with oil. To do this, use a culinary brush or spray. Another way to evenly cover crackers with butter and spices is to put them in a bag, add seasoning and shake well. If the croutons will be fried in a pan, it is not necessary to pre-coat them with oil.
- When drying the croutons in the oven, use convection mode. If your stove does not have it, open the door slightly by inserting between it and the stove any object that does not melt or light up when heated. Cranes protect with foil.
- It takes 2-3 times more time to cook rye crackers than to make wheat bread, since black bread is denser than white bread.
Crackers with garlic can be cooked in a pan, oven or microwave. Each method has its own specifics.
Black croutons with garlic in the oven
- loaf of black bread - 0, 7 kg;
- olive oil - 60 ml;
- garlic - 5-7 cloves;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise. Cut off the crusts. Each half cut into slices 1 cm thick. Then cut the workpiece into 1 cm thick bars.
- Pour a spoonful of butter into the bag. Put in it half of the future crackers. Tie the package, shake. Pour the pieces of bread on a baking sheet.
- Add another spoonful of butter to the package, put the remaining bread sticks in it, deal with them as you would with the first batch. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 100-130 degrees. Put in it a baking sheet with crackers. Do not forget to set the convection mode or fix the oven door so that a gap remains.
- Dry the toast for 40-60 minutes, depending on the temperature in the oven. Periodically remove the baking sheet and stir the crackers with a wooden spatula.
- Clean garlic cloves, crush them with a special press.
- Mix the garlic with the remaining butter and salt. Place this mixture in a bowl.
- Pour the croutons in a bowl of butter and garlic, roll them in it. Leave to cool, without covering or pouring back on the baking sheet.
Store garlic croutons cooked according to this recipe, in a cloth bag or covered with a napkin. They will not spoil for at least a month, but they are usually eaten much earlier.
Croutons of black bread with garlic in a pan
- black bread - 0, 7 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - as required;
- granulated garlic, salt to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Clean the black bread from the crusts, cut into square pieces about 2-3 cm wide, about 1 cm thick or even twice as thin.
- Heat the pan, pour a little oil on it, warm it up.
- Put a batch of crackers in the pan. Sprinkle with a little garlic and salt. Let them redden and soak in oil, turn them over, remove them from the pan after a minute.
- In the same way, fry the rest of the croutons.
- Spread crackers on a napkin so that it absorbs excess oil.
Cooking crackers in a skillet takes less time, but makes you constantly stand at the stove: if you gape, the bread will burn and spoil.
Croutons with garlic in the microwave
- toaster bread - 0, 3 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- Spicy herbs - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Crumb of white bread cut into cubes of 1-1, 5 cm.
- Cut the garlic into plates, fry in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Throw away the garlic, cool the oil, mix with spices.
- Using a cooking brush, coat the crackers with garlic butter, spreading them on a dish suitable for use in the microwave oven.
- Put the crackers in the microwave. Turn it on at medium power for 2 minutes.
- Turn the croutons over, oil them on the other side, put them in the microwave again and cook for another 2 minutes.
- If the bread has not dried up, turn the crackers over, but do not grease with oil. Microwave for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure until the bread has a golden crust.
- Prepare the rest of the croutons in the same way.
Black bread croutons in the microwave are prepared in the same way, but you can slice a loaf a little smaller.
White croutons with garlic and cheese in the oven
- long loaf - 0, 3 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- dried parsley or basil - 10 g;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- salt, paprika - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Skip the garlic through the press.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Put garlic, salt, paprika, dried herbs in it.
- Warm the garlic paste for 2-3 minutes, put it in a bowl.
- Cut white bread into small cubes, put in a container with fragrant paste, mix well.
- Put the pieces of bread on a baking sheet, put it in an oven heated to 130-150 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Finely rub the cheese, sprinkle them croutons.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, open the door, wait for the croutons to cool.
Croutons made with garlic and cheese can not be stored for as long as usual - they must be eaten for 10 days.
Garlic rusks at home can be prepared in different ways. Both white and black bread are suitable for this. Even more delicious snacks are obtained by supplementing them with herbs, cheese and other similar ingredients, but such products are stored worse. Homemade crackers can be served with ketchup, cheese or mushroom sauce, mayonnaise. They will be a good snack to foam drink. They can be put in a salad, pea or vegetable soup puree.