Ether patchouli is not the last place in the list of popular aromatic oils. He, like many centuries ago, is actively used by people, and for a variety of purposes - from healing the body and cosmetic procedures to scaring off insects and bringing life to success and wealth.
The chemical composition of patchouli oil and its benefits
This universal product is obtained from the shrub of the same name (from the Latin. Pogostemon patchouli), which is the birthplace of the Philippine Islands. Shrub leaves are used for oil extraction, but they themselves do not smell, therefore they are dried first and then subjected to steam distillation. As a result of the above manipulations, an oil substance with a rather heavy texture is obtained. It is for this reason that the patchouli essential oil is recommended to be held in hands or warm water before being removed from the container. Due to the warming of the ether becomes more fluid. The color of the ether can vary from light yellow to brown. We should also mention the aroma of phyto-essences: it has a sensual deep smell, in which there are bitter notes. In short, patchouli oil can be called multifaceted, and over time it only gets better: years have a positive effect on its quality and aroma. Over time, the ether loses sharpness and instead acquires a sweet, spicy woody scent.
As for the chemical composition of the product, most of it is attributable to patchouli alcohol, which, by the way, gives it a unique flavor. In addition to this active substance, eugenol, sesquiterpene hydrocarbons, nonpachulol and benzaldehyde are also contained in the patchouli ether. These components of patchouli oil is due to the properties it possesses. So how can it be useful?
- With this aromatic oil, you can increase the activity of the phagocytic system, which is responsible for the body's immune response. In other words, patchouli ether is a powerful immunostimulating agent, and therefore reduces the likelihood of flu and colds. It is also effective in fighting fungal infections, because it inhibits the growth of fungus.
- Patchouli oil very effectively manifests itself as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic, because it is often used for muscle spasms, joint pain and pain in PMS.
- Antidepressant action is characteristic of patchouli essential oil. Inhaling its aroma, you can cope with anxiety, relieve tension and stress, as phyto-essence has a positive effect on the nervous system. It is effective and with a breakdown. In this case, the oil charges with vivacity. Moreover, it is recommended to apply to those who need to increase concentration.
- Aphrodisiac properties allow you to use patchouli oil to solve sexual problems, such as impotence and frigidity. This is due to the fact that patchouli oil activates the production of male and female sex hormones that are necessary for craving and arousal.
- Ether patchouli improves the work of the endocrine and digestive systems. In the first case, it regulates the production of enzymes and hormones, and in the second, it increases the speed of the processes of digestion and assimilation of food.
- The components of the oil give it insecticidal properties, that is, thanks to it, you can scare off insect pests: moths, ants, mosquitoes and termites.
- Patchouli oil can be used for intimate hygiene. Its usefulness in this area is explained by its antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Pachuleous aroma oil is indispensable in nail care - it makes them strong and shiny.
- Also, this oil is very common in the treatment of the skin, because it has a powerful wound-healing property. Through it, wounds, abrasions, cuts, microcracks, purulent lesions, rashes of a herpetic and allergic nature, dermatosis and other dermatological diseases are treated. It is no less popular in home cosmetology. Compounds with patchouli oil well help in removing peeling, irritation, acne and post-acne from the skin. Phytoesence is very effective in smoothing wrinkles, plus it corrects the work of the sebaceous glands and evens out the color of the epidermis. It is also worth noting that the patchouli air successfully fights cellulite, improves the shape of the breast and makes the skin of the hands well-groomed.
- For people who care about the health and beauty of hair, patchouli essential oil will also be useful. Indeed, under its influence hair follicles are strengthened, which prevents hair loss and helps to improve their structure and accelerate growth. In addition, it can be used to overcome problems such as dandruff and excessive oily hair.
Recommendations for the use of patchouli oil
- Before the first application of patchouli ether, it is imperative to test it on a small area of the skin of the elbow bend. To do this, you need to drop a little money on the epidermis and wait 45-60 minutes. If during this period of time the skin did not react negatively to the product being tested, there is no individual intolerance. Other contraindications of this oil include pregnancy, lactation period, increased skin sensitivity, gastritis and gastric ulcer, asthma. Also, do not use it for children whose age is less than 1, 5 years.
- Due to the high concentration of bioactive substances, patchouli oil is used in undiluted form only in exceptional cases, for example, when directly applied to the focus of inflammation. Ignoring this rule, you run the risk of skin burns or dizziness with a headache.
- The skin of the face reacts best to any cosmetic product, including patchouli ether, after procedures such as cleansing and steaming. Due to this, the pores get rid of impurities and expand, which allows the skin to absorb the maximum of useful substances.
- It is only possible to achieve results from the use of patchouli oil if it is done regularly with it. Experts advise it to use from 1 to 1, 5 months a couple of times a week.
- When it comes into contact with metal, ether loses some of its beneficial properties, so never cook homemade healing and cosmetic compositions in metal utensils. It is best suited for this glass packaging or ceramic container.
Patchouli Ether Use Options
Inhalation with patchouli essential oil is an effective way to cope with the flu and cold. To do this, add 2-3 drops of essence to a small bowl or a glass of hot water. Breathe in vapors of oil, cover with a towel and close your eyes for 5-10 minutes.
Rinse with patchouli oil to relieve sore throat. Mix the ether in an amount of 2 drops with a teaspoon of honey, sea salt or soda will also work. Pour the mixture into a glass of warm water. Gargle with the throat 2-3 times a day. You can anesthetize the injured area and relieve inflammation with a compress. Prepare a mixture consisting of 2 teaspoons of any vegetable oil and 3-4 drops of patchouli, and soak a gauze cloth in it. Apply a compress to the affected area for a third of an hour. Perform the procedure every day 2-3 times until the pain and inflammation are completely gone.
Rectal administration of patchouli essential oil contributes to the removal of inflammatory processes in the intestine, including hemorrhoids. To do this, 2 tablespoons of base oil is mixed with 3 drops of essence and make microclysters.
For massage, including breast massage, 8 drops of patchouli oil are combined with 2 teaspoons of almond or any other vegetable oil.
For infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, patchouli oil is applied orally, having previously been dissolved in honey. In this case, 1 drop of ether is mixed with 1 teaspoon of beekeeping product.
To fill the room with patchouli aroma, it is enough to add it to the aroma lamp in the amount of 3-5 drops per 15 square meters. m square. Inhalation of aromatic vapors helps to overcome depression, prevent colds, and temper the appetite.
Also, aroma baths are effective for dealing with stress. Fill the bath with warm water and dissolve in it a mixture of 5-7 drops of ether and a tablespoon of emulsifier. Honey, cream or sea salt can be used as emulsifiers. The duration of the procedure is one third of an hour. More aroma baths are useful in that they increase skin elasticity.
To improve the quality of nails and accelerate their growth, rubbing patchouli oil into the nail plate and cuticle. For this you can use both pure ether and a mixture of ether and fatty oil. If you add patchouli oil to purchased care products, you can increase their effectiveness. In a batch of cosmetic product enter 2-3 drops of phyto essences.
Mask for facial rejuvenation
What is necessary:
- avocado oil - 2 teaspoons;
- essential oils of patchouli, chamomile, levzei - 1 drop each.
How to cook:
- The basic component, that is, avocado oil, is heated in a water bath to approximately body temperature.
- Then enter ethers into it.
Apply the product on the skin in the direction of the massage lines. After 20 minutes, use a paper towel to soak them in the epidermis and thus remove the remnants of the oil mixture. The use of this composition contributes to the rejuvenation of the skin of the face due to hydration, nutrition and renewal of its cells. In addition, the skin softens and gets rid of flakings.
What is necessary:
- water - 1 cup;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- patchoule ether - 5-6 drops.
How to cook:
- Combine patchouli with honey. An excellent alternative to honey are cosmetic cream.
- Next add pure water there. Pour the mixture into ice forms and send to the freezer.
Wipe the skin of the face, décolleté and neck twice a day twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. Cryomassage is good because it helps to maintain the youthfulness of the skin, that is, to maintain their elasticity and elasticity. Also, this procedure is useful for owners of problem skin and people who want their skin to always remain in good shape and not look tired.
Mask, restoring hair
What is necessary:
- almond butter - 1 tablespoon;
- patchouli oil - 3-4 drops.
How to cook:
- Almond oil after heating in a water bath, mix with patchouli ether.
Spread the warm mixture through the hair, and if desired, rub it into the scalp. Keep the mask under a cellophane cap and warm towel for an hour, and then remove by washing with shampoo. The mask restores damaged curls, makes them softer and more docile. In addition, it has a beneficial effect on the follicles. Strengthening them, you can stop hair loss.
Patchouli essential oil has long been proven effective and continues to do so today. Those who have tried the oil on themselves express gratitude to him. Try it and you, and maybe it will become one of your favorite aroma oils.