Buckwheat cutlets, called Greek, are among the most popular dishes of Ukrainian cuisine. Their advantages include ease of preparation, the relatively low cost of the products that are part of the Greek community, the combination of the benefits of meat, vegetables and buckwheat. At the same time, the Greeks are appetizing and tasty, so they like both children and adults. You can cook this dish in different ways. In particular, it is possible without much hassle to cook the Greek inhabitants in a slow cooker, stewed in sauce or boiled for a couple. The result is a satisfying and healthy dish, which does not require a side dish.
There are several recipes for cooking Greek people in a multicooker. For all their dissimilarity, you can highlight a few common points, the knowledge of which will help to prepare a truly tasty and at the same time healthy dish, which, moreover, will look appetizing.
- Buckwheat, used for cooking Greek, must be subjected to cold and heat treatment. Cold processing involves sorting and washing the cereal. After that, buckwheat is required to boil. To do this, a glass of buckwheat is usually taken two glasses of water, poured, bring to a boil, add salt and cook on low heat under the lid until there is liquid in the pan. After that, buckwheat is kept for some time on the stove, so that it steamed a little more and became even softer, then cooled. If you use hot buckwheat, eggs that are added to the stuffing can be curled, and then the dish will be spoiled.
- Ground meat for Greek inhabitants is not pre-fried or stewed. He has enough heat treatment during roasting or stewing of Greek inhabitants in a slow cooker.
- The taste of the finished dish will largely depend on the quality of the minced meat used. It can be made from any kind of meat, so long as it is first-class and unspoiled. Which category were the meat products that were used to make the shop stuffing, you can hardly find out. For this reason, it will be much better if you make minced meat for the Greek people on your own.
- Grechanik will better keep their shape, if they are pre-fry, and then brought to readiness, pouring sauce. It will also have a positive effect on the taste of the finished dish. However, in this case it will be less dietary than cooked without roasting.
- In order for the stuffing to be more dense and viscous, it can be fought off by throwing it in a bowl or on a cutting board. In this case, the cutlets will be easier to form.
- The viscosity of minced meat can be increased with the help of eggs. Experienced chefs advise you to add an extra egg to the blank for the Greek inhabitants, besides those indicated in the recipe, if they fall apart during cooking.
Grecianians are served without a side dish with the sauce in which they were cooked. Or with sour cream. If you wish to reduce the calorie content of the dish, sour cream can be replaced with unsweetened yogurt.
Greek steam with gravy
- beef - 0, 25 kg;
- pork - 0, 25 kg;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- carrots - 150 g;
- tomato paste - 50 ml;
- water - 0, 75 l;
- ground paprika - 5 g;
- buckwheat - 100 g;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- flour - how much will leave;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Pick and wash buckwheat. Pour it into the multicooker bowl, cover it with a glass of water. Put some salt in it. Run the unit for 20-30 minutes depending on its capacity in the “Buckwheat” mode. In the absence of the above mode, you can use the program provided for cooking porridge or pilaf.
- Put the ready buckwheat from the multivarki bowl. Wash and dry the bowl.
- Wash the meat, blot it with napkins. Cut into several pieces. Alternating slices of beef and pork, scroll through a meat grinder.
- Peel the onions. Turn one bulb through a meat grinder and mix with minced meat.
- Pickle minced meat, add salt and pepper, chicken eggs. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Mix the stuffing with buckwheat.
- Squeeze the garlic into it, stir it again.
- Knead minced meat, beat it on a cutting board.
- Make oblong patties from mincemeat, breaded them in flour.
- Cut the remaining onion into small pieces.
- Peel and chop grated carrots with small holes.
- Lubricate the multicooker grill for boiling food with oil. Put the rest of the oil in a multicooker bowl, put carrots and onions in it.
- Turn on the multicooker by selecting the “Frying” program. If there is no such program in your device, you can replace it with the Baking program.
- Fry vegetables for 10 minutes, then add tomato paste to them and continue cooking, without changing the program, for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and paprika to the vegetables, pour in half a liter of water, mix everything up.
- Place the grid on top, place the Greek on it.
- Start the multicooker in the steaming mode for 30 minutes. During this time, the sauce will have time to become quite thick, because when using the “Steaming” program, the contents of the bowl of the slow cooker boils rather intensively.
When serving, it remains to pour the gravy on the Greek inhabitants, which is prepared simultaneously with them. If during the formation of Greek inhabitants you have minced meat or not all the cutlets fit on the steamer grill, you can put them in the sauce and stew directly in it.
Grechanik with vegetable sauce
- minced meat - 0, 6 kg;
- buckwheat - 120 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.2 kg;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- breadcrumbs - how much will go;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Boil the buckwheat in a slow cooker, using a special mode for cooking croup, or in a regular saucepan. Cool it down.
- Mix buckwheat with an egg, finely chopped onion and minced meat. Add to the resulting mass of salt and spices, beat the stuffing on the board.
- Blind minced meatballs, breaded in breadcrumbs.
- Pour two tablespoons of oil into the multicooker container, start the roasting or baking program for 10 minutes and fry the Greek. Remove them temporarily from the multicooker.
- Finely chop the remaining onions.
- Cut the zucchini in small cubes.
- Boil the tomatoes, peel. Pulp through a sieve or chop in a blender.
- Fry onion for 5 minutes by adding a spoonful of butter. Use for this mode of frying or baking.
- Put zucchini over the onions, fry for another 10 minutes. Add tomato paste.
- Put in the sauce of Greek. Add salt and spices.
- Change the program of work of the multicooker to “Quenching”. Set the timer to 30 minutes.
After a specified time, Greek people can be served at the table. Vegetable sauce will play simultaneously the role of a side dish.
Even the hostess, who does not have much experience, can cook the Greek inhabitants in the slow cooker. In this case, the dish will be delicious and satisfying. It is worth it to be included in the diet of your family.