Among the fruit crops yielding rich harvests in most regions of our country is plum. It is tasty and healthy, but not much to eat fresh. The application of the harvest is easy to find - many housewives make various preparations for plums for the winter. With a significant amount of pectin, this fruit becomes a good base for jam and jam. Puree of plums for the winter is thick and pleasant to the taste, well kept. If you close it without adding sugar, people with diabetes who follow a diet for weight loss will be able to regale it. Such a product can be included in the diet of young children.
Any housewife can cook plum puree if she knows the peculiarities of the technological process and follows the recommendations accompanying a particular recipe.
- For the preparation of plum puree, ripe, sometimes over-ripe, but not spoiled fruit are selected. It is important that the plum be a suitable variety: in some varieties, the stone is poorly separated from the pulp, they are not suitable for making mashed potatoes. If you are making sugar-free mashed potatoes, the fruit should be sweet. The more sour the plums, the more sugar is required, otherwise the delicacy will turn out to be unpleasant in taste.
- Mashed potatoes will be softer if you do not allow pieces of plum skins to fall into it. For this fruit rubbed through a sieve. Another option is to immerse the plums for a few minutes in boiling water, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. After such a contrast soul skin will be removed easily. If the mash is intended for use by adults, it is enough to grind the plums with an immersion blender.
- Before rubbing through a sieve or chopping with a blender, plums are stewed in a small amount of water. Plum puree before boiling on the banks boil for 5-10 minutes or boil for a longer time, if you want it to be thick. The longer the mash is cooked, the less useful it will become. For children, it is better to make a gentle mash, trying to minimize the time of intensive heat treatment.
- Plum puree, intended for feeding small children, must be additionally sterilized directly in jars. Sterilization time depends on the volume of the container, but it should not be less than 5 minutes.
- Banks under the plum puree must not only be well washed, but also sterilized. The method of sterilization does not matter.
- Puree of plums is closed with metal lids, ensuring tightness. Screw fit and under the seaming key. Before use, they must be boiled for 5-10 minutes to sterilize.
- After seaming, the jars of mashed potatoes are turned over and covered with a blanket. Cooling in the conditions of a steam bath, canned food is subjected to additional sterilization, which increases their resistance to adverse storage conditions.
Storage conditions for plum puree depend on the recipe it was prepared for. Canned foods that do not contain sugar can only be stored in a cool place, ideally in a refrigerator. Plum puree with sugar is usually well worth it at room temperature.
Sugar free plum puree
The composition (1, 2-0, 3 l):
- plums (sweet) - 2 kg;
- water - 0, 2 liters.
- Wash the plums, let them dry. Cut the fruit in half, remove the bones from them. Cut the fruit into slices, dividing each half with a knife into 2-3 pieces.
- Wash jars with soda, pour boiling water over them, or even sterilize them. Preference should be given to containers of small size, since the child will not eat mashed potatoes more than 100 g, and after opening the can it can be stored only in the refrigerator and not more than 24 hours.
- Put the plum wedges into the pan, pour water into them.
- Put the pan on a slow fire. Simmer the plums for 15-20 minutes after the water boils. By this time they will have time to soften well.
- Grind the plums with an immersion blender. If puree is intended for baby food, strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Return the mashed potatoes to the pan, put on a slow fire again. After boiling, boil it for 5 minutes.
- Pour the puree over the prepared jars, cover them with clean lids.
- At the bottom of the pan, lay a towel, put cans of mashed potatoes on it, pour in water - it should reach the shoulders of the cans.
- Place the pan on a slow fire, bring to a boil. Sterilize cans for 5 minutes, if their volume does not exceed 0, 2 liters, 10 minutes, if their volume is from 0, 2 to 0, 5 liters, 15 minutes - with a larger volume.
- Carefully remove the jars from the pan, seal them cork tightly, turn them over and cover with a blanket.
It will be possible to transfer the banks to the permanent storage place only in a day. Store them in a cool place where the temperature does not rise above 16 degrees.
Aromatic plum puree with sugar and cinnamon
The composition (1, 5 l):
- plums - 2 kg;
- sugar - 0, 4 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- cinnamon - 5 g;
- water - 0, 2 liters.
- Put the washed plums into a saucepan, add water to it, put on a slow fire. Boil the plums until they are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let the plums cool a little, rub through a sieve. Skins and bones will remain in the sieve, the tender pulp and juice will separate.
- In the plum puree, add squeezed lemon juice and grated zest, add sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat the mixture over low heat and boil it to the desired consistency. Boil should be at least 15-20 minutes.
- Spread the mashed potatoes in pre-sterilized jars, seal them, turn them over and wrap them.
- Allow the preserves to cool in a steam bath.
After cooling, the jar of mashed potatoes can be moved to the pantry or any other place where you usually store such supplies. The workpiece is well worth it at room temperature.
Plum puree with condensed milk
Composition (1 l):
- plum - 1, 5 kg;
- water - 150 ml;
- condensed milk - 0, 2 l;
- sugar (optional) - to taste.
- Slice the plums into slices, add water to them, extinguish until soft.
- Grind to puree with a blender or rub through a sieve.
- Add condensed milk and sugar, bring to a boil over low heat, boil for 10 minutes.
- Spread the ready-made mashed potatoes over sterilized cans, roll up.
- Turning over, cover with a blanket, leave to cool.
The plum puree prepared according to this recipe is more delicate in taste than the traditional one. Even adults will not refuse such delicacy. This dessert has one drawback - it is sensitive to adverse storage conditions, it will stand well only in a cool room.
Even a beginning hostess can cook mashed plums for the winter. The presence of a large number of completely different recipes allows you to choose the delicacy for every taste.