Many people like mushrooms, but the season of so-called quiet hunting is short, and if you do not take care of harvesting these products for the future, you will have to forget about your favorite foods for almost a whole year. In winter, mushrooms are often harvested in fried form. Such a dish is completely ready to eat, it is enough to warm it. One of the most successful blanks are fried chanterelles, for the winter they can be closed in banks or frozen. Even an inexperienced cook can make such canned food if he observes the technology of preparation. Chanterelles are the mushrooms of the first category and do not require complex preparation, which greatly facilitates the task of the chef.
Chanterelles are considered one of the most delicious mushrooms. An additional advantage is the lack of need for pre-soaking. Even boiling chanterelles, wanting to fry them, is not necessary. But harvesting mushrooms for the winter is a responsible task, the violation of technology can be in serious trouble. Getting to the conservation of chanterelles, you need to get acquainted with the intricacies of this process.
- Chanterelles are called “pure” mushrooms because they release a substance that dissolves insect eggs. However, this does not mean that they do not need to be washed and cleaned of forest debris. Especially carefully it is necessary to wash and clean the mushrooms intended for preparation for the winter.
- After washing, chanterelles should be dried well, otherwise they will become watery and unappetizing when frying.
- All mushrooms, like a sponge, absorb toxic substances from the soil and air. Even edible mushrooms become dangerous, if they grow near highways, industrial enterprises and in similar places, they cannot be gathered there. When purchasing chanterelles from hands, you also need to be sure that they are collected in environmentally safe areas.
- It is not necessary to boil the chanterelles before frying, but it is recommended to cut them into medium-sized, approximately the same size pieces. Do not cut, you can only very small copies.
- Chanterelles will taste better if they are fried not in vegetable oil, but in butter, but fried in vegetable oil, they are better stored. The same applies to the oil, which is poured mushrooms.
- When preserved for winter, fried chanterelles are poured with oil or marinade based on it. The layer of oil covering the mushrooms should not be less than 1 cm. The higher the layer of oil or marinade, the better the mushrooms will be stored.
- If you plan to keep mushrooms in a cool room, they are rolled up with metal lids, after sterilizing the preform. Half-liter jars need to be sterilized for at least 40 minutes, liter ones - for at least an hour. If the mushrooms will be in the refrigerator, close the jars with them is better capron lids. In the freezer, fried chanterelles are stored in containers or in dense packages.
Some housewives believe that the minimum shelf life of fried chanterelles is 1 month, others decide to keep them for a year. Properly cooked for the winter fried chanterelles in the freezer can be stored for up to 6 months, in the refrigerator - up to 3-6 months, depending on the recipe used. In a cool room, you can keep only the product sterilized in cans and hermetically sealed with metal lids. Typically, such blanks do not spoil for at least six months. After opening the can, its contents should be eaten within 2-3 days; you can only store open cans with mushrooms in the refrigerator.
Frozen Fried Chanterelles
Composition (for 0, 5-0, 6 l):
- chanterelles - 1 kg;
- vegetable or butter - how much will go;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Pick through the chanterelles, clean them of debris. Dip in a large container with clean water, rinse gently. Put on a towel, let the mushrooms dry.
- Cut large chanterelles into 4 parts, medium ones - in half. Leave small mushrooms whole.
- Heat the oil in the pan, put the chanterelles in it. Fry over medium heat, stirring for 15-20 minutes. If you notice that not all the liquid released from the mushrooms has evaporated during this time, extend the frying time. Do not cover the pan lid when frying chanterelles. 5 minutes before cooking, salt and pepper the mushrooms.
- Allow chanterelles to cool. Meanwhile, carefully (with soda), wash the containers. Let them dry.
- Fill containers with mushrooms, close tightly with lids.
- When the product has cooled to room temperature, put the containers in the freezer.
Butter chanterelles made in butter will not deteriorate within 3 months. If you have fried mushrooms in vegetable oil, you can store them for six months.
Chanterelles fried for the winter, in banks
The composition (0, 5 l):
- chanterelles - 1, 2 kg;
- butter - 0, 2 kg;
- salt, pepper, bay leaf - to taste.
- Clean, wash, dry chanterelles.
- Cut the mushrooms in small pieces.
- Heat the pan, put the butter in it.
- Add the mushrooms.
- On medium heat without a lid, fry them for 15-20 minutes until all the moisture that has evolved from them has evaporated.
- Salt, pepper, add bay leaf. Reduce heat and cover the pan with a lid. Tomite chanterelles another 20 minutes. Stir them periodically so that they do not burn.
- Sterilize the jar and the lid that fits it.
- At the bottom of the jar, pour in a couple of tablespoons of butter in which the mushrooms were fried.
- Fill the jar with mushrooms.
- Fill the mushrooms with the remaining oil. It should cover them at least a centimeter.
- Put a towel in the bottom of the pot, put a jar of mushrooms in it.
- Pour in water so that it reaches the banks of the hangers.
- Put on a slow fire. Sterilize 40 minutes after the water in the pan begins to boil.
- Take the jar out of the pan, roll it up. Leave to cool in the kitchen, then clean in a place of permanent storage.
A dish prepared according to this recipe can be stored in a cool place for 6 months. If you plan to keep it in the refrigerator, the jar of chanterelles can not be sterilized, instead of a metal lid, use a nylon one.
Chanterelles, fried with onions, for the winter
The composition (0, 5 l):
- chanterelles - 1 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- butter - 150 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Prepare the chanterelles by cleaning them by washing, drying and cutting them.
- Free from the husk and cut the bulb into half rings.
- Fry mushrooms and onions separately in vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chanterelles with fried onions.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour a couple of spoons of oil into the prepared jar.
- Put some spoons of mushrooms, pour them with oil.
- Alternating chanterelles with onions and butter, fill the jar. Pour in the remaining oil, its level should be at least a centimeter above the mushrooms.
- Close the can with a plastic cap. When the snack is cool, put it in the fridge, use within 3-4 months.
If the jar with mushrooms is sterilized for 40 minutes and rolled up with a metal lid, it will be possible to store the workpiece in a cool room. Shelf life will not change.
Fried chanterelles are a real delicacy, hardly anyone can refuse such a treat. Having made them for the winter, you will be able to feast on mushrooms for six months.