If you often make homemade cakes and other desserts, you almost certainly often need strawberry syrup. Pancakes, cottage cheese, ice cream are poured over them, they are soaked in cake layers. It is used to make various drinks. It gives delicacies a seductive aroma and exquisite taste. You can make strawberry syrup at home. Many mistresses prepare him for the winter so that he is on hand all year round. There are several recipes for this product. Choosing the right option depends on how you are going to use the finished delicacy.
Strawberry syrup is easy to prepare, you just need to know the basic principles of cooking this liquid dessert.
- For the preparation of the syrup, ripe berries are taken, from the immature it will not work.
- It is not necessary to pick strawberries in rainy weather - it will be watery and not sweet enough.
- Sepals from strawberries are cut off after it has been washed and dried. Otherwise, moisture will get inside the berry and spoil its taste.
- To prepare a syrup for the winter, the berry is usually ground, boiled with the addition of water and a large amount of sugar, then the syrup is filtered. As a result, the berry mass remains. Do not throw it away. Berry can be frozen and added to dishes that want to give a strawberry flavor and aroma, for example, in cereals.
- You can grind strawberries not only with a blender. The berry is soft, easily frayed through a sieve. Some simply mash it with a potato masher.
- Dishes for strawberry syrup must be sterilized. This can be done over steam or by placing clean containers in the oven and holding them in it at a temperature of about 120 degrees for 20 minutes.
- The storage conditions for strawberry syrup depend on the recipe chosen. The more sugar was used, and the longer the product was subjected to heat treatment, the less demanding it was for storage conditions.
A syrup having a liquid consistency is used for the impregnation of the cake layers. For watering desserts suitable option with pieces of berries. Thrifty housewives make strawberries in syrup - this is the most economical option when both syrup and berries canned in it are used. If you like to prepare homemade desserts, you should prepare strawberry syrup for the winter using several recipes.
Strawberry syrup for use as a topping
Composition (1 l):
- strawberries - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- vanillin - 1 g.
- Reassemble the strawberries, wash and dry them, spreading them on a towel.
- Cut the sepals, cut the berries into 2-4 pieces depending on their size.
- Fold the berries in an enamel bowl, sprinkle with sugar. Cover the bowl with a thin cloth to protect against insects, leave for half an hour.
- Place a bowl of strawberries on low heat. Add vanillin.
- Warm up the berries, stirring with a wooden spatula, for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender bowl, whisk.
- Pour back, boil for 2-3 minutes, stir.
- Sterilize jars or bottles with a wide neck, fill them with syrup.
- Close containers tightly by boiling the lids beforehand.
After cooling to room temperature, the syrup must be removed in a refrigerator where it can be stored all winter. This syrup is good to water pancakes, cheesecakes, cottage cheese desserts, ice cream. Serve it recommended chilled.
Liquid Strawberry Syrup
The composition (1, 5 l):
- strawberries - 2 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon juice - 20 ml.
- Berry, after sorting, washing and drying, free from sepals, fold into enameled container. For better separation of juice, the berry can be cut, but afterwards it will be easier to use if left whole.
- Pour sugar over strawberries, mix.
- Put in a cool place for a day. During this time, strawberries will give a lot of juice.
- Pour the berry mass into a colander, leave for 1-1, 5 hours, so that the syrup stack completely.
- Add lemon juice to syrup. Put on the stove. On medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat. Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Sterilize small jars. Bottles can only be used when they can be sealed.
- Roll up the cans, turn them over and wrap them up. To cool the syrup should be in a steam bath, as this provides additional preservation.
The syrup prepared according to this recipe should be stored in a cool place, but not necessarily in the refrigerator. It will not deteriorate at a temperature of about 18 degrees. It can be used to make dairy and other cocktails, just dilute with water and serve as juice, soak cakes on them. The berries remaining after cooking the syrup are frozen and used as an independent dessert.
Strawberries in syrup for the winter
Composition (for 2, 5 l):
- strawberries - 1, 5 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- citric acid - 2 g;
- vanillin (optional) - 1 g.
- Go through the strawberries, selecting only ripe, but not overripe, berries of medium size. Rinse them in the pelvis and under the shower, dry, remove the sepals.
- Mix water with sugar, put on low heat, cook for 5 minutes.
- Fill the berry with syrup, leave for 2-3 hours.
- Scete the syrup, boil for 5 minutes, pour the berries over it.
- After 2 hours, drain the syrup again, boil. Fill the berries with boiling syrup at least 5 times. The more times you do this manipulation, the thicker the syrup will be and the denser the berries will be.
- Spread the berries into prepared banks, distributing them equally.
- Boil the syrup by adding citric acid and pour strawberries over it.
- Roll up the cans, turn them over, cover them with a blanket.
After cooling, strawberries in syrup can be stored in an unheated pantry or cellar. Syrup and berry from this dessert can be used separately or served together as jam.
Strawberry syrup is popular in cooking. It can be prepared for the winter by yourself. Depending on how the syrup will be used, the recipe for its preparation is selected.