The production of white wine is considered a little less complicated and expensive than alcoholic beverages from dark grapes. The chances of buying a bottle of high-quality and inexpensive white table wine are quite high, so many of our compatriots prefer this type of alcohol. However, snacks for these drinks will not fit all. What is good for red wine, can completely beat the taste of white. The knowledge with which dry white wine is drunk will allow you to enjoy both its bouquet and the taste of the dishes prepared for it.
The best varieties of white dry wine
White dry wines are made from light grape varieties, usually growing in the northern regions of the regions that specialize in the cultivation of this crop. Gather berries only after they ripen, and the sugar content in them will be 18-20%. After completion of the process, the residual sugar content in white dry wine should not exceed 3 g per square decimeter. The strength of such drinks usually ranges between 9 and 13 percent.
A bouquet of dry white wine depends on many factors. One of the main ones is the grape variety from which the drink was made. Often, wines are classified specifically with regard to the raw materials that were used in production. The most popular are dry white wines made from grapes of the following varieties:
- Chardonnay. The best wines of this variety are produced in France, Australia and the USA (California). Drinks from grapes grown in Italy, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, Austria, Germany and South Africa also have their lovers. A distinctive feature of the wines of this class is the presence of oak notes. Expensive drinks get them because of a long stay in oak barrels, cheaper such aroma is given with the help of oak chips or even oak extract.
- Riesling. Germany is justly proud of the wines of this grape variety. Good drinks from it are also produced in France, Austria, Hungary, USA and Argentina. They love these varieties for apple-pear notes in a bouquet. True admirers of this drink appreciate in it and subtle notes of kerosene.
- Gewurztraminer. Despite the fact that the grapes of this variety has a German name, it is grown mainly in France. Drinks from this variety of berries are also produced in Italy, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, Chile, USA, Canada. The color of the wine produced from this raw material, has a slightly pinkish or copper shade. This is due to the fact that the grapes of this variety are pink. The wines have an oily and spicy aroma, which to some seems even perfumed.
- Muscat. Good grapes of this variety are grown in France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece, as well as in the Crimea. Wines from this grape variety have light nutmeg and floral notes, for which many people appreciate them.
- Pinot Gris. The grapes of this variety are grown mainly in France and Italy. There are such vineyards in the USA, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia. The wines of these berries have a floral and fruity aroma with citrus and honey notes.
- Sauvignon Blanc. Appreciated for a rich range of flavors: the bouquet may sound grassy, floral, fruity, spicy and even mineral notes. France is famous for its wines from this grape variety, but they are also produced in other countries: Italy, New Zealand, Argentina, Chile, South Africa, and the USA.
Aligote, Pinot Blanc, Semillon and others are also used in the production of white wines. The combination of several grape varieties allows you to get drinks that are unique in their organoleptic qualities.
Basic rules for drinking white dry wine
White dry wine is canteen, it is not customary to drink it without a snack. In addition, there are several simple rules for the use of such beverages.
- Dry white wine cools slightly more than red wine. It is served cool. The ideal temperature depends on the particular type of wine, on average it is 10-13 degrees.
- They drink white wine from glasses of clear glass on a high stem. The decor is not welcome, as it prevents to admire the color of the drink. Hold the glass by the foot, so as not to heat its contents with a palm. The optimal volume of such glasses is 0, 3-0, 35 liters, but they fill only two thirds.
- Before taking a sip of wine, it would not hurt to admire, feel its bouquet. Drink wine in small sips.
White wine is not a strong drink, but it can be diluted with clean water. In this case one part of the wine is poured into the glass and three parts of water are added.
What to eat dry white wine
When choosing snacks for white dry wine you need to be careful. Most of these drinks have a delicate bouquet and a soft aftertaste, which are easily smashed with improperly chosen food.
The choice of appetizer for white dry wine often depends on its variety.
- Chardonnay is served with dishes from poultry, fish or mushrooms. Pork, smoked fish and cheese can also be offered. This drink is combined with dishes of Japanese cuisine.
- Riesling harmonizes well with pork and fish dishes. To this wine you can submit spicy dishes, typical of Mexican cuisine.
- Gewurztraminer is combined with smoked fish, game, cheese. Also, it can offer rolls and sushi.
- Muscat will well complement fruits, tender cheeses, biscuits, biscuits. To it you can serve toasts or canapes with soft cheese, salmon.
- Pinot Gris is well suited to snacks under fruit and berry sauce, to sea fish.
- Sauvignon Blanc is recommended to be served with fish, seafood, goat cheese.
Almost any white dry wine can be served:
- grilled fish or baked in the oven;
- poultry dishes;
- goat cheese;
- vegetable salads, dressed with olive oil;
Caesar salad in any of its variations will be a perfect snack to white dry wine.
There are many variations of dishes for white dry wine. Their choice may depend on the type of alcoholic beverage you prefer. In this case, you can follow the general recommendations regarding the use of white dry wine.