Surprisingly, the now popular dish in the restaurant menu was the food of the villagers. In the hodgepodge put the remaining products in a small amount: meat, cucumbers, mushrooms, vegetables, etc. Perhaps today the cooking technology has changed a bit, but the principle remains the same: a hodgepodge is prepared on the basis of rich broth, adding several types of sausages and other ingredients.
Step-by-step recipe for classic meat hodgepodge - general principles
The main thing to consider is that there should be a lot of meat products. It can be boiled or fried beef, pork, chicken, minced meat, boiled or smoked sausages, sausages, sausages, ham. For saturation, often by-products are also added: tongue, kidney, heart, udder. Recommend using at least 4-5 types of meat components.
Onion, cucumber or gherkin, capers, olives or olives, tomato puree are also obligatory ingredients of meat meatwort. Additionally, if desired, put potatoes, cabbage, fresh or pickled mushrooms.
Serve soup, decorated with fresh herbs and lemon, sour cream, sprinkled with black pepper.
1. Tsar's Solyanka Classic Meat: Step-by-Step Recipe
• 250 g cucumber brine;
• 1-1.5 liters of water for broth (the exact amount depends on the size of the pan and on whether you plan to make the soup lighter or, conversely, thicker);
• 400 g of beef (if you are a fan of veal - take it; even pork will perfectly fit into the meat soup);
• 100 g of any ham (if there is no ham, you can replace it with some sausage, take a little more meat or double the number of wieners, although it is better to use as many delicacies as possible);
• 100 g of sausages or sausages (you can also use boiled sausage);
• single chicken fillet;
• 5-6 gherkins or a pair of ordinary pickled cucumbers; • a quarter of a small fork of fresh cabbage;
• several small tomatoes;
• 100 g sour cream;
• a dozen olives or olives;
• 1-2 glasses of salted mushrooms;
• capers to taste (if not, increase the number of pickled cucumbers);
• two small bulbs;
• fresh herbs to taste (commonly used dill and parsley);
• A spoon of black peppercorns, a couple of peas allspice, a little salt to your taste.
When the pan is on fire, even a small hitch in the cooking process can play a significant role, and instead of a rich bouquet of flavors, you risk getting a boring jumble, or even something burnt. In order not to be distracted from the recipe itself and not to miss the right moment, prepare some products in advance. Chicken, sausages and ham cut into small pieces. If you have already cooked or fried meat, cut it too. Do the same with mushrooms and cabbage, pre-scalded them with boiling water. Onions, cucumbers and tomatoes also cut into cubes.
1. Start cooking: cut half of the beef into cubes and fry in vegetable oil in a cauldron until sweet.
2. On the basis of the remaining beef, cook a liter and a half of broth. Boiled meat cut into cubes or straws and set aside. Perhaps it will be more convenient for you to use separately boiled meat and pre-cooked broth - by the way, the broth on the basis of bones is also perfect. The richer the broth will be, the brighter and satisfying will be the hodgepodge.
3. In a large saucepan, boil the cucumber pickle and remove the foam that forms on the surface.
4. Pour meat broth into the brine, bring the liquid to a boil.
5. Put all previously prepared ingredients in a ceramic pot or enamel jar, add capers and olives, pour broth with brine. Do not forget about spices and sour cream.
6. If you cook in a pot, put it in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Temperature and exact time depend on the characteristics of your oven. 7. If you use the enameled vessel, cook the hodgepodge on low heat for 10-15 minutes. The dish should languish, boiling will make the taste of solyanka less expressive.
8. Let the ready solyanka insist, serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs.
2. Classic Solyanka: recipe step-by-step with vegetables
• 2.5 liters of rich beef broth (the richer it is, the more nourishing and tasty the hodgepodge will turn out, although the relatively dietary option is more than good);
• pound of ham, sausage, etc. - at your choice, if only it was something smoked and meat;
• 1 medium onion;
• 1 small carrot;
• 4 medium potatoes;
• 3-4 salted cucumbers;
• 10-15 pieces of olives;
• 50 g capers;
• fresh dill and parsley, as well as other greens to your taste;
• half a lemon (for serving ready solyanka);
• 4-5 tablespoons sour cream;
• 1 tbsp. spoon of tomato paste or mashed potatoes;
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
• 2 bay leaves;
• ground black pepper;
• salt to taste.
Sometimes it is more convenient to first prepare some ingredients, and only then proceed to the recipe itself - otherwise vanity and haste can not only deprive you of the pleasure from the process, but also prevent accurate adherence to technology, which often negatively affects the main thing - the taste of the finished dish. Cut meat products into strips or small cubes. Chop the onion finely: first in semicircles, and then cut across into several more pieces. All root vegetables, peel and cut into cubes, and cucumbers - strips.
1. First of all, pour broth into the saucepan, put it on the fire and bring to the boil the basis of the future solyanka.
2. Add the prepared smoked products to the pan, cook for a quarter of an hour, not forgetting to stir.
3. Put potatoes and carrots in the broth, cook also about 15 minutes until vegetables are half cooked.
4. With a ladle, gently scoop the broth from the pan, pour it into a deep frying pan. Put the cucumbers in the same place and stew for about 5 minutes, then add the mass to the hodgepodge. 5. In boiling oil, fry onion until soft, add salt and pepper to taste. After putting the tomato and simmer all together for another couple of minutes.
6. Add the resulting frying in the pan and cook another 10-15 minutes.
7. Send olives and capers in a hodgepodge, chop fresh greens on top and season the dish with spices. Carefully, do not overdo it with salt, at first the taste of this soup may seem fresh, but note: it will become more salty when it is drawn.
8. After 7-10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat.
9. Give solyanka a little brew. Just 10-15 minutes is enough for the taste of the dish to be fully revealed.
10. Serving the dish to the table, sprinkle each portion with a spoon of sour cream and add a bright lemon slice.
3. Classic Solyanka: recipe step by step with the addition of minced meat and prunes
• 100 g of smoked or smoked sausage;
• 100 g boiled sausage;
• quarter kilogram of beef fillet;
• quarter kilogram of ground beef;
• 150 g prunes;
• 1 tablespoon parsley root;
• 1 onion;
• 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
• a little margarine or butter (the amount depends on how much fat you prefer to use in frying);
• 2 pickled cucumbers;
• Bay leaf;
• 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, green onions or other greens (to decorate the finished dish);
• several black peppercorns;
Before you get down to business, prepare some products - this way you can avoid the fuss in the main process and concentrate fully on cooking. Rinse the meat thoroughly with running water. Crumble sausage straws. Rinse prunes and chop. Peel and finely chop the onion. Remove the skin from the cucumbers and remove the seeds: these pieces are in no way to anything. Cut the remaining cucumber pulp into strips.
1. To start, put the meat in a saucepan with cold salted water to taste, boil, adding parsley root, until done. It will take at least forty minutes, the exact cooking time depends on the particular piece of meat. 2. Remove the meat and root with a slotted spoon from the resulting broth. Cut the meat in a convenient way for you, for example, cubes, and set aside. Parsley can be thrown away: it has already given its flavor and taste to the broth and is no longer needed.
3. Fry the onions in butter or margarine.
4. Separately, fry the tomato paste and simmer the ground beef.
5. In boiling broth throw prunes. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Pour fried meat and all meat products into the pan. Add salt and spices. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the ready-made real hodgepodge with fresh chopped greens and serve to the table.
Step-by-step recipe for classic meat hodgepodge - tricks and tips
• Do not save on meat, the more various meat products, smoked products, the richer the broth, the tastier the solyanka.
• Choose crusty cucumbers for the hodgepodge. Soft fruit in the process of extinguishing spread, which will spoil the look of the dish.
• Do not use a large variety of spices and spices, a hodgepodge does not like it, enough black and fragrant pepper. For sharpness, you can put a little crushed hot pepper. Thanks to the smoked meats, olives, brine and other ingredients of the dish, the taste of solyanka and without seasoning is rich.
• Cucumber pickle can be replaced with marinade from a jar of olives, capers - gherkins.
• Do not put a lot of strongly smelling greens, such as cilantro, better take a little more parsley.