In our country, cereals have long been loved.
They are useful, tasty and easy to prepare.
Usually, many cook buckwheat, rice, millet porridge, occasionally diluting them with oatmeal, semolina.
But not everyone remembers the corn porridge, or they remember, but they don’t rush to buy corn grits, because they don’t know how to cook it.
Often it turns out harsh and not very tasty.
But, knowing some nuances and following the detailed instructions, you can make excellent corn cereals with milk from corn grits, and not only sweet corn, but, for example, with mushrooms and vegetables.
How to Boil Corn Porridge with Milk - General Cooking Principles
Properly cooked corn porridge in milk can be an excellent breakfast or a hearty, but not weighting dinner. Sweet porridge is served with fruits, berries, honey, jam. Unsweetened - with meat, mushrooms, vegetables. However, without the addition of corn porridge on milk turns out tasty and full.
Corn porridge is easy to prepare, the main thing is to follow the few requirements:
1. Corn grits must be rinsed before cooking. You can simply put the cereal in a saucepan, pour it with water, drain it, repeat the procedure until clear water. Or pour the grits into a sieve with a mesh of suitable size and rinse under running water. The second option is convenient, as it takes less time and the croup turns out cleaner.
2. Next, the porridge is spread in a pot with thick walls and bottom, first poured with water and boiled until it boils completely, only after that add milk and additional ingredients to taste: salt, sugar, sweet cream, fruits, vegetables, etc.
3. Cook the corn porridge on average 15 minutes. It all depends on the size of the grind. For example, cooking porridge from corn flour does not take more than 10 minutes, finely ground cereals - 15 minutes, medium - 20 and large - 25 minutes. The process can be accelerated even if you have coarse grits: after the porridge is swept in water, immerse the blender in it and chop it, then pour it with milk.
4. For the preparation of thick porridge use about three glasses of liquid, for a thinner porridge - at least four to five glasses. 5. Consider that cooked porridge in the process of insisting thickens. Focus on this fact by adding milk and additional ingredients.
1. How to cook corn porridge with milk
• a couple glasses of water
• 3/4 cup corn grits;
• a glass of milk;
1. Pour the cereal into a saucepan of the appropriate size, fill it with two glasses of water.
2. Bring the mass to a boil, reduce the fire to a minimum. Salting, boil until the water is completely absorbed, stirring porridge from time to time, so that it does not burn.
3. Pour in the milk, without departing from the stove, boil the corn porridge for five minutes.
4. Remove from heat, mix thoroughly, wrap in a warm towel or blanket, leave to infuse and soak for 20-30 minutes.
5. Serve, sprinkle with sugar, or bay honey. If desired, season with butter.
2. How to cook sweet corn porridge on milk with dried fruits
• a glass of corn grits;
• three glasses of water;
• two glasses of milk;
• 80 grams of sugar;
• half package of vanilla sugar;
• one third pack of butter;
• dried fruits to taste (raisins, dried apricots).
1. Rinse the corn grits, put it in the pan.
2. Fill with water, bring to a boil over high heat, after which we reduce the fire and boil the porridge until all the water is absorbed.
3. Pour in two glasses of milk, pour salt and two types of sugar. Cook porridge over low heat until cooked.
4. Add butter. Stir.
5. Arrange porridge in plates, sprinkle with pre-soaked, thoroughly washed, chopped dried fruit.
3. How to cook corn porridge on milk with a banana
• 200 grams of corn grits;
• two cups of water and milk;
• salt and sugar to taste;
• 30 grams of butter;
• two bananas.
1. Pour the cereal into the pan, rinse it, pour a glass of water.
2. After boiling, add a little salt and if you need sugar.
3. Tomim porridge on low heat for about 10 minutes, then grind it with an immersion blender.
4. Fill the corn mass with hot milk, spread the butter. 5. Bring to a boil, turn off the fire.
6. Mash banana pulp with a fork or in a blender, put mashed potatoes in porridge.
7. Thoroughly mix everything, we maintain 5-7 minutes before serving.
4. How to cook corn porridge on milk with pumpkin and prunes in a slow cooker
• half a cup of corn grits;
• 300-350 grams of pumpkin pulp;
• 8-10 pcs. prunes;
• 250 ml of milk;
• 60 grams of butter;
• 250 ml of water;
• sugar and salt to taste.
1. We wash the corn grits.
2. Cut pumpkin pulp into small cubes.
3. Fill the prunes with cold water for 20-30 minutes, rinse them and cut them into small pieces.
4. Put corn grits, pumpkin and prunes in a multi-cooker bowl.
5. Fill the mass with water and milk, add sugar, salt, put the butter.
6. Set the mode “Porridge” for 45 minutes.
7. After the beep, open the lid, mix the porridge thoroughly.
8. Insist before serving, closing the lid for 3-7 minutes.
5. How to cook corn porridge in milk with mushrooms
• a glass of coarse corn flour;
• liter of high fat milk;
• a glass of sour cream;
• 200 grams of fresh mushrooms;
• vegetable oil.
1. Pour two spoons of vegetable oil into the pan, spread the mushrooms, cut them into not too large pieces.
2. Fry the mushrooms for 20 minutes until cooked, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour milk into the pan, bring it to a boil, reduce the gas to the minimum.
4. While stirring, pour in small portions, best of all, in a thin stream, corn flour.
5. Add a little salt, spread sour cream. Cook, continuously stirring the mass in a circle and not allowing to boil, about 5-8 minutes.
6. Put the porridge in a plate, sprinkle it plentifully with mushroom roast.
6. How to cook corn porridge in milk with croutons
• 100 grams of corn flour;
• two glasses of milk;
• two pieces of white bread;
• teaspoon of cinnamon;
• a tablespoon of anise seeds;
• 50 ml of olive oil;
• 30 grams of sugar.
1. Put the anise seeds in the hot oil, stirring, fry them for 2-3 minutes, after which the oil is decanted. 2. Heat the filtered oil again, fry the bread on it, after cutting it into triangles, to a pleasant golden blush on both sides.
3. Put the ready-made croutons on a paper towel, thus allowing to drain off excess oil.
4. Fill the cornmeal with one glass of milk, stir it so that not a single lump remains.
5. Heat the second glass of milk, pour the corn mass into it in small portions.
6. Add a spoonful of olive oil, sugar, mix. Tomim, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour cinnamon, stir and remove the porridge from the heat.
8. Serve porridge with spicy golden croutons.
How to Cook Corn Porridge on Milk - Tricks
• Instead of cereals, you can use corn flour, it does not affect the taste of porridge. But the cooking process will take less time.
• If you still use cereal, bring it to half-ready on the water, only after that pour in the milk, otherwise the grains will turn out to be harsh and will crunch.
• If during the cooking process you get too thick porridge, dilute it with hot milk.
• By adding fruit to the porridge, you can chop them in a blender and mix with the already prepared porridge, or lay them on top of the slices in the porridge put into the plates.
• Milk for porridge can be replaced by cream.
• Choose a thick-walled pot or stew-pan, cauldrons for making corn porridge. Proper choice of dishes and constant stirring will prevent you from burning porridge.
• Corn porridge with milk can be cooked in the oven, then it does not require constant stirring. In this case, bring it to half ready on the water, put it in pots, add salt, sugar and butter, cover with milk, stew at 160 degrees for 20-30 minutes.