Making jelly from the finished store mix in a bag is very simple. But the same cold dessert will be much more useful if you choose the ingredients yourself. Jelly from the juice of fresh berries and fruits is guaranteed not to be artificial flavors, colors and flavors. The basis, the amount of sugar and the type of gelling component can be chosen at your own discretion. As for the features of making jelly from juice with gelatin for a festive table or jelly from natural berry juice without gelatin for the winter - there is nothing complicated. Subject to the recipes, the dessert always freezes well, it turns out tasty and beautiful.
Technology of making jelly from juice: general rules
Classic jelly is nothing but natural fruit (berry) juice with sugar, boiled 3-4 times. Gelatin is not used for dessert - the gelling of the product occurs due to the high content of pectin in fresh fruits (berries).
The best for making classic juice jelly are:
· Sour apples varieties;
· Black and red currants;
How to make jelly from juice without gelatin? About 700 grams (plus or minus 100 g) of sugar is added per liter of liquid and boiled at a slow boil until the fruit (berry) syrup thickens. The degree of readiness of the jelly is determined by the consistency of the mass - if the liquid does not drip from the spoon, but stretches like honey, the jelly is ready. You can pour it into molds (bowls, jars) and cool.
By the same principle jelly is prepared without gelatin from the juice of other fruits and berries. With a single digression: for the dessert to freeze, you need to add fruits (berries) from the list above in a 1: 1 ratio to the sugar-free base.
Jelly from juice with gelatin prepare much easier and faster. Gelatin can be used as a regular or sheet, and instant. Regular gelatin is soaked in cold water for 40-60 minutes before mixing with juice (50 ml of water is enough for a bag weighing 15 -25 g). Instant add immediately to the heated juice. Juice can be used anywhere - thanks to the gelling component, the dessert will harden well in any case. Juice can be prepared independently from fresh or frozen fruits (berries) or buy 100% store juice in tetrapacks, 3-liter jars.
The consistency of the jelly after solidification depends on the proportions of the gelling agent and juice with sugar. If you want the jelly from the juice to be dense like marmalade, 60 g of gelatin are taken per liter of liquid. For the preparation of a gentle, “shaking” jelly in the same volume of liquid, an average of 20 g of gelatin is added.
Important! Jelly from juice with gelatin or without can not be cooked in an aluminum dish. All containers involved in the process must be glass or enameled. For mixing the ingredients it is better to use wooden spoons or silicone spatulas.
Classic jelly from apple juice without gelatin
Since there is a lot of pectin in apples, gelatin is not needed in this recipe. Jelly freezes well and without this ingredient, it turns out very fragrant, soft and delicate in taste.
· Fresh sour apples - 2 kg;
· Water - 1 l;
· Sugar - 800 g
1. Apples are washed, core removed. Cut into pieces without removing the peel.
2. Pour into a saucepan, pour water. Fruits are cooked on medium heat for half an hour.
3. For jelly, only apple broth is taken from the juice, for which it is poured through a sieve into another container. Pieces of boiled apple can be used to decorate a ready-made dessert or to make mashed potatoes, sweet pastries.
4. Add sugar to apple broth. Stir.
5. Syrup is brought to a boil over high heat. After the flame is reduced to a minimum and boil the juice with periodic stirring 50-80 minutes.
The dense fruit mass, reduced in volume by 2-3 times, is poured over the bowl. Cooled to room temperature and rearranged in the refrigerator for solidification.
Jelly from raspberry juice for the winter (without gelatin)
This recipe for jelly is medium density, with a very mild flavor. It is good to use it as an independent dessert, for filling cake cakes and sweet cakes, for a layer of cake cakes. Gentle raspberry jelly can be added to creams, served with cheese soufflé and ice cream. Products:
· Fresh (frozen) raspberry for juice - 1500 g;
· Water - 100 ml;
· Sugar - 1000 g
Raspberry juice can be obtained using a centrifugal juicer. Or do as described below.
1. Fresh berry is cleaned from the trash. Washed in a colander under running water. Fold back on a dry clean towel to remove excess fluid.
2. Raspberries are poured into a saucepan and crushed with a crush.
3. In the berry puree add water, put on medium heat. After boiling boil for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the raspberries from the stove, cool a little.
5. Puree fray through a sieve and additionally filter through gauze.
6. In the resulting raspberry juice, pour sugar. Stir.
7. Put the syrup on medium heat, bring to a boil.
8. The flame is reduced to a minimum. Boil the berry mass with periodic stirring for 50 minutes. From time to time, remove the rising foam.
When the raspberry syrup thickens so much that a drop does not spread on a dry saucer, the jelly is considered ready. You can pour it into pre-sterilized jars (volume 0.2-0.5 l) and roll it up.
Jelly from raspberry juice is left for a couple of days warm (turn the jars with the blank, wrap with a blanket). After transferred to the pantry or dry basement.
Raw jelly from sea buckthorn juice (without gelatin) for the winter
Since the stage of boiling in the recipe is not provided, sea buckthorn jelly is obtained not only fantastically tasty, but also very useful. All the vitamins and microelements present in the fresh berry are fully preserved in the finished product. Therefore, this winter harvesting can be considered not only as a dessert, but also as a remedy for colds, coughing, seasonal avitaminosis.
· Sea buckthorn fresh for juice - 1200 g;
· Sugar - 700 g
1. The berry is cleaned of debris, washed, dried on a towel.
2. Clean dry sea buckthorn is twisted in a meat grinder and then ground over a sieve. Or squeeze the juice with a juicer.
3. Sea buckthorn juice is divided into fractions - liquid and dense. For jelly you need a thick part with pulp. Therefore, the liquid upper layer is taken by the ladle. 4. Pour sugar into the juice with pulp. Stir for 5 minutes.
5. Berry mass is kept in cool for 7 hours. Stir periodically to evenly distribute the sugar and dissolve in the thick juice.
The finished raw jelly from sea buckthorn juice is poured into pre-sterilized jars. Corked. Store in a cold (+4 degrees) basement or in the refrigerator.
Lemon juice jelly with honey (with gelatin)
Very beautiful, aromatic, tasty dessert without sugar, containing only healthy ingredients. Cooking is simple and pleasant. White chocolate, mint leaves, fresh soft berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries) can be used for decoration.
· Lemon - 300 g;
· Water - 1000 ml;
· Honey - 6 tbsp. l .;
· Regular gelatin - 6 tsp.
1. Gelatin is poured with a glass of water and allowed to swell for 40 minutes.
2. Lemons are washed with a brush under running warm water. Cut off a thin top (yellow) layer of zest. Crushed with a knife.
3. Zest pour in a saucepan. Fill with the remaining volume of water, set on fire. Boil at a slow boil for 15 minutes.
4. The broth is cooled slightly, filtered through a fine sieve.
5. Lemons cut across the fruit. Squeeze the juice. Connect with a decoction of zest.
6. The swollen gelatin is heated on the steam bath until the granules are completely dissolved. Poured into lemon juice.
7. A mixture of lemon juice, decoction of peel and gelatin is heated to 40 degrees over a steam bath.
8. Add honey. Stir until the substance becomes homogeneous.
Warm lemon-honey jelly from juice with gelatin is poured on ice-cream bowls, allowed to cool and put in the fridge. After 3-5 hours, dessert can be served.
Multilayer pineapple juice jelly and cream pomegranate (with gelatin)
This recipe uses only two types of contrasting color juices. But if you wish, you can cook a dessert with a large number of color layers. The result is a multicolor rainbow with white cream layers. For the presentation of such gelatin jelly with juice is better to remove from the molds and serve on a la carte plates.
· Pineapple juice - 250 ml;
· Pomegranate juice - 250 ml; · Liquid cream (10%) - 250 ml;
· Sugar - 3 tsp;
· Instant gelatin - 3 tbsp. l .;
· Pinch of vanilla.
1. Juice and cream poured into individual containers. In each pour a spoonful of gelatin. Leave for 5 minutes.
2. Heat all kinds of liquid basis of multilayer juice jelly with gelatin on a steam bath or in a microwave to 70 degrees.
3. Alternately stirred (95 minutes) until complete dissolution of the gelling agent.
4. Poured into pomegranate, pineapple juice and cream on a teaspoon of sugar. Vanillin is added to the cream to give them the flavor of ice cream. Stir the liquid well.
5. Pour one of the juices (at your choice) with a layer of 1 cm into the prepared forms (glasses, glasses, bowls, ice-cream bowls). Send the jelly to the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
6. The next layer of jelly is creamy white. It is made when the first layer completely hardens.
7. Next, form the third layer - from the juice.
8. In this order, act until the jelly molds are filled to the brim.
The containers with the prepared multilayer jelly from the juice with gelatin are immersed for a couple of seconds in hot water and gently turned over onto clean, dry plates. Before serving, decorate with pieces of fresh fruit, berries, chocolate chips.
White grape juice jelly with pear
The light sourness of grape juice is perfectly combined with the honey sweetness of ripe pears. Thanks to this dessert gets savory notes. Jelly is prepared quickly and easily.
· Grape juice - 500 ml;
· Fresh pears (with dense pulp, sweet) - 3 pcs .;
· Water - 2 tbsp .;
· Sugar - 100 g;
· Regular gelatin - 3 tbsp. l
1. Grape juice is slightly warmed. Gelatin is poured into it, left alone for 40 minutes.
2. Pears are washed, peeled, removed the core. Cut into cubes 1x1 cm
3. From water and sugar boiled syrup.
4. Pour fruit pieces into boiling sweet water. Cook until the pears are soft.
5. Grape juice put in a water bath. Warm up with constant stirring, until the gelatin granules are dissolved.
6. Pear syrup with fruit pieces is combined with grape juice. Delicately stirred. 7. Jelly is allowed to cool. Poured into the bowls (tall glasses, glasses).
For the final setting, the dessert is rearranged in the fridge. After 3-6 hours, the jelly with grape juice and pear will be ready. Before serving, you can decorate it with fresh grapes, whipped cream.
How to make the perfect jelly from juice with and without gelatin: tips and tricks
Classic jelly without the addition of gelatin is perfectly obtained from cranberry, cherry, strawberry juice. You can prepare a dessert just before use, or prepare for the winter.
To make the dessert beautiful, it is recommended to choose clear drinks. To get a clear juice, berry puree twice fray through a sieve. After filtering through gauze. However, this does not affect the quality of the dessert - from the juices with jelly pulp it turns out just as tasty.
Jelly from juice without gelatin for the winter turns out to be thicker, if the proportions of sugar and liquid are equal.
If the berry jelly seems excessively sweet before setting, you can add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice. This will give the finished dessert a pleasant thin sourness.
For a beautiful supply and variety of flavors jelly from juice with gelatin can be prepared with the addition of fresh berries and fruits. To keep the composition inside the dessert, first spread the filler in the form. Then, drop by drop, pour it with slightly warm juice with gelatin so as to barely cover the berries. Cookies put in the fridge. The following layers form in the same way.
When preparing a multilayer jelly, it is more convenient to pour each subsequent layer directly in the refrigerator. So the jelly will not spread and the strips will turn out perfectly flat.