When summer comes, there is an opportunity not only to enjoy fresh berries and fruits, but also to extend this pleasure for a whole year.
Most of us try to stock up on something tasty, so that in the winter cold or rainy evening, remember a warm touch of the sun and the aromas of freshly ripened fruits over a cup of coffee or tea.
Fruits and berries can be simply frozen. But no less tasty they are in the form of jam, jam or confiture.
Being engaged in the processing of berries and fruits with sugar, especially not thinking about what happens in the end. All products of own production are often called just jam. So it is: it is the most favorite delicacy, the most common and popular.
But after all recipes are used different. Therefore, the bins of most housewives are filled not only with jars with different types of jam, but also with more refined dishes: jams or jams.
Confiture called the French variation of jam. This sweet dessert is made by boiling whole or crushed berries in sugar. At the same time, fruits are evenly distributed in a sweet liquid, retaining their healing properties.
Especially tasty is strawberry confiture. It serves as a wonderful preparation for pies and pies, cakes and sweet sandwiches. Strawberry confiture is a ready-made dish in and of itself. Boil it is not difficult. With a little effort you can stock up on an amazingly fragrant and tasty dish.
Thanks to the confiture, the house will be especially cozy and sweet.
Strawberry Confiture - General Cooking Principles
Strawberry confiture is distinguished by its unusual taste, rich color and peculiar translucent jelly structure.
Its consistency is denser than that of jam. This is achieved by adding gelling agents to the dish, such as gelatin, pectin, agar-agar and zhelfiks.
Pectin is especially used. It helps to make jam very quickly, which means that all vitamins are stored in it as much as possible. The jelly structure that pectin creates is especially pleasant.
To make the confiture sweeter, it is better to use fresh and ripe strawberries. Berries need to sort out. Slightly rotted parts can be cut with a knife. Then wash the strawberries and carefully remove the tails.
To prepare the dish, the berries are cooked whole, or crushed into small pieces. Often, strawberries are mashed before cooking. You can use a blender for this.
The other main ingredient of strawberry confiture is sugar. Most often, its amount is equal to the weight of the purified berries.
You can add lemon, vanilla sugar, starch, liqueur, vodka and even basil to confiture.
If the sweet dish is prepared for the winter, then it should be poured hot in sterile jars and screw on the lid. It is advisable to place the tara with strawberry jam upside down and leave to cool completely. Then the jars are removed in a dark pantry or cellar.
Confiture, which will be immediately used, is also poured into glass containers and loosely closed. In this case, sweet dessert must be stored in the refrigerator.
For the preparation of confiture used dishes with a thick bottom. In her sweet dish does not burn.
Using proven recipes, you can easily and with pleasure cook several types of fragrant and tender strawberry confiture at once.
Recipe 1. Strawberry confiture with lemon and liqueur
• one kilogram of strawberries;
• half a kilo of sugar;
• one lemon;
• three dining l. liquor (any).
- Cut the strawberry into small pieces and place it in a prepared pot.
- Lemon peel clean, remove only a thin layer of zest. Let's cut it into strips.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Add sugar cubes, lemon zest and fresh juice to the strawberries. Mix all ingredients.
- Cook confiture and stir by all means periodically.
- Bring the sweet dish to a boil and turn off the heat after three minutes.
- Then pour liquor. It can be not only strawberry, but also cherry, raspberry.
- Fill the confiture in jars and screw the lids tightly.
Recipe 2. Strawberry Confiture “Waiting for Winter”
• three kilograms of strawberries and sugar;
• 45 gr. Gelfix;
• three dining l. vanilla sugar. Cooking Method:
- Place the prepared strawberries in a large bowl. If there are large berries - cut in half.
- Grind strawberries with a meat grinder, choosing the largest nozzle. Berries can be simply cut with a sharp knife into small pieces.
- We will measure half of the sugar and pour it into a strawberry, mix and leave for four hours in the corner of the kitchen. You can put it until the morning on the shelf of the refrigerator.
- When the specified time has passed, add sugar (leave half the cup) and cook for one hour.
- At the very beginning of cooking, mix the vanilla sugar, yellow glass and half a cup of the usual sweet ingredient.
- Add strawberry jam and stir with a whisk for about five minutes.
- We pour the finished dish into sterilized jars, close them very tightly and hide them away.
- It is best to enjoy strawberry confiture in winter.
Recipe 3. Homemade strawberry confiture
• 600 ml of water;
• two cups of sugar;
• four table l. potato starch;
• kilo fresh strawberries.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and 400 ml of water. Sent to the fire.
- We interrupt the strawberry blender.
- We pour potato starch into the remaining water and mix thoroughly. Each lump should be completely dissolved.
- Introduce the mixture into hot sugar syrup. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add strawberries to the boiling mass. Stir again and leave until it boils.
- As soon as the first bubbles appear on the confiture from the strawberry, turn it off.
- The dish is poured into jars and screwed tightly with lids.
- One jar can be covered tightly and stored in a refrigerator to use the confiture now, without waiting for the winter cold.
Recipe 4. Strawberry confiture with pectin
• one kilogram of peeled strawberries;
• one kilogram of sugar;
• bag of pectin.
- In a strawberry pour out a bag of pectin and stir.
- We send a pot on a small fire. Berry stir so as not to burn.
- As soon as the strawberries make juice, the fire can be increased.
- Cook the berries until large bubbles appear - the mixture boils.
- Fill up with a little bit of granulated sugar. At the same time it is necessary to constantly stir the almost ready confiture.
- When all the sugar has been added, bring the confiture to a strong boil.
- Exactly in a minute we remove the froth and pour the prepared dish into jars.
Recipe 5. Strawberry Confiture “Sandwich”
• kilogram of berries;
• 800 gr. sugar;
• a glass of water;
• two tea l. with a hill agar-agar.
- We put the berries in a blender and turn them into puree.
- Pour it into the pot and turn on the gas.
- When the berries boil, we start to add a little sugar. At the same time do not stop stirring confiture.
- Agar-agar is diluted in cold water and poured into strawberries.
- When the sugar has dissolved, foam will appear. Remove it with a spoon and continue cooking for another five minutes.
- When the time is up, you can pour strawberry jam into pre-cooked dishes.
Recipe 6. Strawberry Confiture “Sweet Evening”
• one and a half kg of strawberries;
• 150 gr. vodka;
• 10 grams of citric acid;
• 2 gr. salts;
• three kg of sugar.
- Put half the sugar in the bowl, mix it with citric acid and salt.
- At the bottom of the saucepan we place a strawberry bowl: about a quarter of it. Sprinkle berries with vodka.
- Fill strawberries with fourth part of sugar with acid and salt.
- Top we lay out the next ball of berries and repeat the process: add a little vodka and sugar. Thus, we form four strawberry balls with sugar and vodka.
- We send the berry mixture for a twelve hours in a quiet place (you can also in the refrigerator).
- The next day we put the saucepan with the berries to cook, add sugar. Pour it completely on the strawberries and mix.
- After boiling strawberry jam, boil it for about twenty minutes and roll it into jars.
Recipe 7. Strawberry confiture with basil
Ingredients: • one kg of berries;
• 0.7 kg + 0.1 kg sugar;
• 20 gr. pectin;
• 100 gr. lemon juice;
• 15 gr. basil (leaves).
- Prepare the strawberry, cut the big berries in half. Mix with 700 grams of sugar and set on medium heat.
- Combine the rest of the sweet ingredient with pectin and stir with a whisk.
- When sugar dissolves, heat increase. Mix the strawberry mixture thoroughly.
- Add a mixture of sugar and pectin.
- Cook the strawberry until boiling without stopping stirring.
- Finely chop the basil and put it in confiture. Pour in fresh juice from lemon.
- Again, give a boil, and remove from heat.
- We pour confitures into sterilized jars and spin them tightly.
- Hide away and open only with the onset of cold weather.
Strawberry Confiture - Tricks and Tips
- The use of fructose instead of sugar will not only make jams accessible to diabetics. It is much sweeter and therefore its quantity in a dish is two times less.
- To determine the readiness of the confiture, you can put a drop of it on a plate and cool it. When the surface is covered with wrinkled film, the dish is ready. In addition, confiture is poured into jars, if it does not just drip from the spoon, but flows in a thin stream.
- Some sugar, for example, 200 grams, can be replaced with liquid glucose. This will add a creamy texture to the confiture and protect it from sugaring.
- Even if the sweet dish will be used immediately, you need to take care of the cleanliness of the container. This will ensure the preservation of the flavor and taste of the dish.
- Confiture is better to cook in small portions. The maximum number of berries - 1.5 kilograms.
- Strawberries, which they plucked from the garden in the morning, are much juicier and stored longer.