Tilapia is a freshwater fish with little bones in its fillet. This she liked cooking and gourmet fish food. It is also popular because it has no fat. This lean fish is suitable for diet and low-calorie food. At the same time, it contains all the nutrients inherent in fish pulp.
Tilapia from the countries of Africa and the whole usually does not reach the central part of Russia. We see it already in the form of a fillet and cutting it is not necessary. In the selection below the recipes presented tilapia is baked with various types of cheese in the form of a casserole, roll, steak or in batter.
Tilapia with cheese - general principles of preparation
Before cooking, the fish must be cleaned and rinsed. Do the same with the fillet - remove the remaining bones and rinse the flesh. But, be sure to dry the fish - with a napkin or paper towel. It is advisable to remove excess water from the pulp, otherwise it will prevent the fish from softening during marinating or cooking.
For the preparation of tilapia is suitable absolutely any cheese, except for sweet varieties. Avoid Brie, Mozzarella, Gouda, Edam. Perfect cheeses such as: Ricotta, Russian, Tilziter and other sourish, salty or tangy cheeses.
Tilapia is used for dishes with whole filets, in the form of minced meat or cut pieces.
Tilapia with cheese - casserole
· Pound of tilapia;
· One onion;
· One tomato;
· 300 g pasta or pasta;
· 60 g butter;
· A bunch of fresh spicy greens;
· 4-5 Art. l sour cream;
· 50 g of hard cheese;
1. In a saucepan with boiling water, toss the pasta and cook almost until tender. Then transfer to a sieve or colander to drain the decoction. Pasta does not have to be washed to make a casserole, but you can do it.
2. Next, process the onion, tomato and herbs. Clean, rinse and chop. Cutting into small cubes. Shred greens. 3. Release tilapia fillets from the skin and remove the bones, if any. Then wash the fish and dry with a special towel. Cut into small pieces.
4. Place soft butter on the casserole pan and grease the inside surface. Spread the pieces of fish to the bottom. Then lay onion and tomato. Sprinkle with salt. Put the pasta and pour the liquid sour cream. Sprinkle with greens and grate over cheese.
5. Send to a hot oven at a temperature not higher than 200 ° C for half an hour. Then reduce the heat to 170-180˚C and bake the dish for another quarter of an hour.
Tilapia with cheese in dough
· 500 g (two sheets) of puff pastry;
· 1/2 lemon (or orange);
· 3-4 tilapia fillets;
· 100 g of cottage cheese (not sweet);
· A bunch of onion greens;
· 5-6 Art. l cream;
· 1 sweet pepper;
· 2 tbsp. l lean oil;
· One egg (for lubricating dough);
1. First lay out the thawing dough. Do it in advance. Take quick-frozen yeast or yeast-free dough.
2. Peel tilapia fillets and rinse. Drain and place in a bowl.
3. Squeeze lemon juice, pour fish over it and salt. Add one Art. l vegetable oil. Slightly rub the flesh with your hands so that it marinates evenly.
4. Then make a side dish. Rinse green onion feathers and chop finely. Pepper and rinse too - cut into small cubes. Mix onions, peppers, cream and curd cheese.
5. Roll out the dough sheets and cut into squares according to the number of servings.
6. Next in the middle of each square lay out a file. If you are taken wide, then cut them into fish pieces. Top put the cheese and vegetable stuffing. Now collect each square on top as a bag. Leave a small hole on top to allow steam to escape.
7. Grease the baking tray and fold the bags of fish filling. Beat the egg a little and grease the dough from all sides.
8. Place the baking tray in the oven at 180 ° C for an hour.
Tilapia with cheese and grits in the form of roll
· 80 g of millet groats;
· 500 g of fish;
· 2 chicken eggs;
· 100 g of champignons;
· Onion head;
· 100 g of hard cheese;
· 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
· Spices and salt.
1. Rinse millet in cold water, boil until done and drain broth.
2. Clean and rinse tilapia under running water. If a whole fish is taken, make sure that there are no stones left when removing the fillet from the spine. Wipe fish cleaners with paper towels. Scroll through the clean fillets for minced fish.
3. Clean and rinse the bulb. It also pass through the same meat grinder.
4. Stir mince, onion. Add salt and spices, as well as one egg. Mix the mince thoroughly until you get a uniform structure.
5. Clean the champignons if necessary and rinse. Cut into small cubes and stew in vegetable oil, and then fry in a frying pan.
6. Take a plastic bag and spread it on a clean table. Distribute the stuffing in the form of a rectangle. Put boiled millet on it in an even layer. Sprinkle with roasted mushrooms and rub over the cheese on a grater. You have a multi-layered rectangle. Now take one side of the package and lift. At the same time spin the products into a roll and disconnect from the package itself.
7. In the end, you get a fish roll with filling.
8. Grease a small baking sheet with butter and carefully lay out the roll in it. In this case, use the same package.
9. Now pierce the roll with a fork in several places and brush with a slightly beaten egg.
10. Bake the roll at 180 ° C for approximately an hour. To prepare it, you can use foil. Then put it in a baking sheet, and wrap the roll in foil before baking.
Tilapia with cheese in the form of steaks
· 2-3 tilapia fillets;
· 2 tbsp. l soy sauce;
· 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
· 1 tsp. mustard or Dijon;
· A bunch of spicy greens;
· 100 g cherry tomatoes;
· 4-5 olives;
· 100 g soft or hard cheese. Cooking Method:
1. For this recipe, clean fillets of tilapia will do. Rinse them in running water and blot with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, olive oil and table mustard (you can also take homemade mustard). Transfer the fish into this mixture and mix.
3. Prepare the remaining products for the recipe. Rinse greens and finely shred. Wash tomatoes and cut into halves or slices. Pull the olives out of the pickle and cut them into circles. Grind cheese on any grater.
4. So, put fish fillets on a baking sheet. Put tomatoes and olives on it. Then a layer of greens and cheese.
5. In this form, in a baking tray, place the dish in a hot oven at 180-190˚C for 40-50 minutes.
Tilapia with cheese and egg - roll recipe
· Pound of tilapia;
· 2 tbsp. l tomato paste or mashed potatoes (you can ketchup);
· 100 g of cottage cheese;
· 5 quail eggs;
· 2 egg yolks (chicken);
· 1 tbsp. l wheat flour;
· A bunch of fresh greens;
· 3 tsp. butter;
· Spices, salt.
1. Wash and twist the fish fillets into the stuffing. Add the necessary spices and salt, as well as flour and egg yolks. Mix the mass and leave for now.
2. Boil and clean quail eggs. Then chop finely into a crumb.
3. Greens after washing also chop.
4. For the roll stuffing, mix the chopped eggs, greens and curd cheese.
5. Distribute the minced fish in an even layer over the stretched food film in the form of a square or a rectangle. Gently smear tomato paste. Then lay out evenly the egg filling. Wrap the roll, starting at one end. Catch the film - roll roll up quickly.
6. Melt the butter and bake the baking tray with it. Put the roll and pour it with the remaining butter. To prevent the roll from cracking when baking, pierce it in several places with a knife or fork.
7. Send the roll to the oven at a temperature not higher than 190 ° C for one hour.
Tilapia with cheese in batter
· A couple of tilapia filles;
· One chicken egg;
· 50 g of hard cheese (“Monastyrsky”, “Russian” or other);
· 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise sauce;
· 2-3 Art. l wheat flour;
· 100 g breadcrumbs;
· Salt and spices;
· Vegetable oil (for frying).
1. Prepare the fish. Rinse the filles and cut them into pieces. Put the paper towels in and leave it until the excess moisture is gone.
2. Prepare two types of breading and batter. Put flour in one plate and breadcrumbs in the other. In the third bowl, mix one egg, mayonnaise sauce, salt and spices, as well as chopped cheese on a fine grater.
3. So, heat the vegetable oil in the pan.
4. Chunk the fish alternately in the flour, dip in a cheese-egg batter and roll in breadcrumbs. Immediately lay out in a frying pan and fry on both sides until golden brown. After you turn the pieces, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat. So the fish is well roasted inside. If necessary, add oil to the pan.
5. If desired, place the fried fish first on several layers of paper towels to remove the fat.
Tilapia with cheese - tips and helpful tips
· For casseroles with this fish, take any cereal or vegetables in the form of a side dish.
· It is better to pickle fish before cooking. As a marinade, you can use lemon or lime juice, vinegar or lemon mayonnaise.
· Spices for cooking tilapia is better to take special fish.
· Tilapia can be cooked in a slow cooker. Cooked in it, it turns out very juicy and tender. Just do not overdo it, otherwise there is a risk of overdrying the fish.