Many have heard about the merits of traditional porridge cooking methods in pots / pottery, placing them in a Russian stove. There is almost no such furnaces to be found, but we would like pots! Let's try, in the absence of such equipment, at least as close as possible on the technology to cook buckwheat? You will need an oven, ceramic pots and quite a few products.
Buckwheat in pots in the oven - the general principles of cooking
• Cook buckwheat in pots in the oven, using either small “portioned” clay or ceramic containers, or large pots. Most dishes are cooked under the lids. If for some reason there are no special lids for the pots, they can be replaced with a sheet of foil, which covers the containers, tightly pressing the edges around the neck.
• Taste of buckwheat cooked in a pot in the oven is difficult to compare with any other dish of buckwheat. Prolonged languor in clay tanks makes its taste more intense and vibrant.
• In cooking, it is better to use roasted buckwheat. Before use, it is carefully taken from the litter and washed with cold water. If you have not previously prepared a specific cereal, or if you doubt its quality, calcine the washed buckwheat in a dry frying pan, this will make the dish more crumbly.
• Boiled buckwheat is rarely placed in pots; almost always it is put immediately after washing, well drained of the remaining water. With buckwheat in the pots, you can put pre-fried vegetables, mushrooms or meat. This will not only saturate the dish with their taste, but also make it more nutritious.
Buckwheat in a pot in the oven with liver
• a pound of chicken liver;
• bitter onion head;
• small young zucchini;
• 300 gr. buckwheat groats;
• paprika pod - 1 pc .;
• 2 small tomatoes;
• 1 carrot;
• a large spoon of wine vinegar;
• frozen vegetable oil; • garlic;
• fresh parsley - five twigs.
1. Carefully inspect the pieces of chicken liver for the presence or absence of gallbladders. If they are, gently remove, cut off the remnants of fat. Transfer the liver to the pan, pour in a few spoons of oil and fry over moderate heat for about three minutes. At the end, be sure to lightly salt the liver.
2. Carefully sort the buckwheat, well, rinse in running water, put it on a dry steel pan. Put on a slow fire and stir, lightly fry.
3. Slice carrots and zucchini into thin cubes, onions and pulp of bell pepper, finely chop the garlic.
4. Pour tomatoes with boiling water and carefully remove the skin. Cut the peeled tomatoes into thin slices.
5. In vegetable oil, first fry the carrot until tender, then add the zucchini and cook together for two minutes.
6. Pour in finely chopped garlic, chopped onion with bell pepper, and continue frying for another two minutes, without lowering the heat.
7. Stir fry to your liking, add a little salt. Stir in the wine vinegar and remove from the heat. You can sweeten a little.
8. Laying out the layers, evenly distribute the prepared products in five clay containers. First, put the liver, then pour on it roasted buckwheat. Cover buckwheat with roasted vegetables, and tomatoes and finely chopped parsley on top.
9. Salt lightly and pour enough water into the water tank so that it slightly covers the contents.
10. Put the lidded pots in the cold oven. Not too quickly raise the temperature to the required 180 degrees and cook buckwheat with liver for half an hour.
A simple recipe for fragrant buckwheat in pots in the oven with pork
• a full glass of buckwheat;
• bitter onion head;
• 300 gr. pork (pulp);
• twelve seedless prunes;
• 40 ml of vegetable frozen oil;
• two leaves of laurel.
1. Wash the prunes, cut into strips. If it is too dry, soak the fruits in cold water for about half an hour, then dry well and only then chop. 2. Shred the onion. Washed pork pulp cut into thin strips.
3. On oil in a thick-walled, uncoated pan, fry the onion with meat for five minutes. It may take more time. It is necessary that all the meat juice evaporated from the pan, and the onions become transparent. Mix roasted meat with chopped prunes.
4. At the bottom of the pots pour on a tablespoon of washed buckwheat. On top of it, put a little fried meat with prunes, then again buckwheat and meat again. Thus, fill the containers with 2/3 or a little more in volume and add a little salt.
5. After that, put a leaf of lavushka in each pot and fill it up to the “hanger” with water. Close the lids tightly, put in an unheated oven and turn it on.
6. After the temperature of the air in the oven rises to 150 degrees, beat the buckwheat in pots for 45 minutes.
Delicious buckwheat in pots in the oven with chicken hearts
Ingredients for 6 servings:
• 36 tablespoons sifted buckwheat;
• 800 gr. chicken hearts;
• large onion;
• half of sweet pepper;
• 50 ml of soy bright sauce;
• red hot pepper and black, ground by hand - to taste;
• for frying, vegetable refined oil - 2 tbsp. l
1. Remove the thin outer film from the hearts, remove the remaining arteries and wash the by-products in cold water. Then dry slightly, placing in a colander, and cut each heart into four parts along the heart.
2. Rub the carrots into a large grater, chop the Bulgarian pepper into thin strips, finely chop the onion with the garlic cloves.
3. In a thick-walled saucepan, pour in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and dip the carrot and onion in it. Constantly stirring, over medium heat, fry the vegetables until the onion slices are transparent and add the Bulgarian pepper to them.
4. Put it all together for a couple of minutes, add chopped garlic. Fry another minute, add hearts to the vegetables, mix.
5. As soon as the pieces of the hearts are reddened, pour in the soy sauce and continue cooking, lowering the heat to the minimum level for five minutes. Season the roast with spices, add some salt, stir for another minute and remove from the stove. 6. On a baking tray, place six clay or porcelain pots. Spread the cooked vegetable roast with chicken hearts evenly over them and pour six tablespoons of washed buckwheat into each.
7. Pour warm water on your finger above the buckwheat, add quite a bit of salt, mix. Be sure to remove the sample, if necessary, add some salt.
8. Place the containers, covered with lids, in the oven and leave to cook at 180 degrees for half an hour.
9. After that, turn off the heat, and leave the pots with the door closed for another 20 minutes.
Recipe for buckwheat in a pot in the oven with mushrooms
Four pot ingredients:
• a pound of fresh champignons;
• two small bulbs;
• homemade butter - 40 gr .;
• small carrot;
1. Clean the mushrooms from the films. Caps cut into transverse plates, legs - into thin rings. If champignons are small, cut whole fungi into plates.
2. Melt the butter in a thick-walled pan, dip the crushed champignons in it and put on an intense heat.
3. To lightly browned mushrooms, add carrots grated in a large grater, add finely chopped onion, stir and stew until vegetables soften.
4. Rinse the buckwheat selected from the litter and dry it, calcined in a dry frying pan.
5. Arrange the fried mushrooms in four clay pots. Pour seven tablespoons of roasted buckwheat on top and pour water, mix. The liquid should cover the contents of about one and a half centimeters.
6. Add a little salt to each portion, mix well, remove the sample. Water should be slightly salty than for cooking simple buckwheat porridge.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and send filled pots to it for 20 minutes, covering the containers with lids. Then remove the lids and bring the dish, without changing the temperature, to readiness for ten to twelve minutes.
A simple, almost classic recipe of fragrant buckwheat in a pot in the oven with vegetables and mushrooms
• a glass of dry buckwheat groats;
• mid-size carrot - 1 pc .;
• Bulgarian, medium-sized pepper - 1 pc .;
• spoon of natural butter;
• a full glass of frozen peas;
• fresh or frozen mushrooms - 8 pcs .;
• five sprigs of fresh herbs (parsley, dill);
• garlic and laurel - to taste.
1. Pulp of sweet pepper and carrot cut into cubes, with a ribsize size up to 0.5 cm. Chopped onion, garlic and washed dried greens chop with a heavy knife.
2. Repeat and wash buckwheat 3-4 times. Wash frozen peas with warm water.
3. Combine all the prepared products in a large bowl, add a bit of ground pepper, laurel, lightly salt and mix well.
4. Take a large heat-resistant, clay or ceramic pot and put the prepared mixture in it.
5. Strictly by level of products pour drinking water into the container, spread butter evenly on top, be sure to cover with a lid and put it in the oven.
6. After 45 minutes of soaking in the oven at 200 degrees, carefully remove the pot from the oven, wait a quarter of an hour and serve.
Boiled buckwheat in a pot in the oven with meat and mushrooms
• half a cup of buckwheat;
• one egg;
• 300 gr. pork tenderloins;
• 200 gr. any fresh mushrooms;
• one small onion;
• three tablespoons sour cream low fat;
• Cream cheese with bacon - 1/2 cheese;
• refined oil - 1.5 tbsp. l .;
• Tablespoon unsalted tomato paste.
1. Cut the pork into small square pieces or thin strips.
2. On intensive heating, heat the butter, dip the pieces of meat into it and fry them, turning them from side to side until a golden crust is formed.
3. Add finely chopped onion, cut into thin straws or small-sized slices of mushrooms and continue frying until the newly added ingredients are fully cooked.
4. Boil the sifted, thoroughly washed buckwheat in lightly salted water to the state of semi-ready. 5. Beat the egg with sour cream, add tomato paste and melted cheese, grated on a fine grater. Put some favorite spices or ground pepper, lightly salt and mix.
6. At the bottom of a large refractory pot, lay a boiled buckwheat evenly. On it evenly distribute the meat fried with mushrooms and pour over the cooked pouring.
7. Without a lid on the pot, place it in a preheated oven and leave it for 10 minutes.
Buckwheat in a pot in the oven - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Do not purchase packages of cereals with dust at the bottom. This speaks of the poor quality of the cereal, the cooking field such buckwheat often has an unpleasant taste.
• To cook buckwheat in pots in a crumbly oven, pour water at a ratio of 1: 2. if together with cereal you put juicy vegetables or meat with gravy, reduce the amount of added liquid.
• Buckwheat porridge will be tastier if you add a piece of thick cream or butter to each pot five minutes before being ready.
• Leave the cooked dish for a quarter of an hour in the oven turned off, the cereal will evaporate better, and the dish will get a richer aroma of spices added to it.