Bulgur is wheat groats, but not quite simple.
Dishes from it have a special taste and amber color.
Groats are used for pilaf, sweet and salty cereals, salads, stews with vegetables and for many other purposes. Here are the best recipes from the Bulgur for the slow cooker.
You should meet them!
Bulgur Multicooker - General Cooking Principles
It is believed that bulgur does not require rinsing, since the grits are subjected to grinding and pre-steaming during the production process. But this does not comfort many housewives and even famous chefs, they still rinse the product in cold water.
What are Bulgur prepared with?
• meat, poultry;
• milk products;
• berries, fruits;
Liquid for crumbly porridge or pilau is used in the calculation of 1: 2. If cereal is added to succulent vegetables or used in stews, the amount of water changes. Bulgur in bags is often found on sale, it is boiled in a large amount of water in the “Soup” mode, then it is used for salads, casseroles, desserts or as a simple side dish.
For the preparation of loose Bulgur, you can use a variety of modes: porridge, rice, pastries, frying, stewing. The exact program is determined by the recipe. Sometimes the dish is prepared in several modes. For example, first fry meat products or vegetables, then add cereal and boil.
Recipe 1: Bulgur in a slow cooker with carrots and garlic
Lenten version of the dish from the Bulgur in a multicooker, which can be used as a side dish.
• a glass of bulgur;
• two cloves of garlic;
• large carrot;
• two glasses of water;
• vegetable oil;
1. In a slow cooker pour a little oil, enough three spoons.
2. Add a large grated carrot, fry for five minutes.
3. We throw the grated garlic, stir.
4. Add bulgur. We grind croup before it, we wash.
5. Dress with spices, salt. 6. Pour in boiling water, close and prepare a full cycle on the “Pilaf” program.
7. After the signal we do not open immediately, letting the dish stand.
Recipe 2: Bulgur in a slow cooker with chicken
For this dish, wings, drumsticks or any other pieces of chicken with a bone are used. The quantity of products is measured by glasses from the multicooker.
• 1.5 glasses of bulgur;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 1.5 tablespoons of pasta;
• 2 onions;
• 0.4 kg chicken.
1. Wash vegetables. Onions and garlic cut into small cubes, carrot term on a regular grater.
2. Multicooker turn on the frying mode. Pour the prescription oil into the bowl.
3. Shift the vegetables, fry until onion is transparent.
4. Wash the chicken, chop it into pieces, dry it. If the wings are used, then simply cut through the joints. We use the shins entirely.
5. Throw the chicken to the vegetables and fry together for about ten minutes.
6. Bulgur washed, put in the dish.
7. Add different spices. You can use the mixture for pilaf, chicken. Immediately put the tomato paste and warm it all together for another couple of minutes.
8. Add 3 cups of boiling water to the dish, turn on the “Pilaf” program, cook to the end.
9. Leave the dish on the heating for another half hour.
Recipe 3: Pilau from bulgur in a slow cooker with meat
For pilaf, pork, baby veal or lamb is used. In the latter case, you can take pieces on the bone.
• 0.5 kg of meat;
• 0.4 kg of carrots;
• 0.2 kg of onions;
• 1.5 glasses of bulgur;
• 3 glasses of water;
• 1 tsp. seasonings for pilaf;
• 50 ml of any oil or fat;
• 4 cloves of garlic.
1. We cut the meat into pieces, the size does not matter, only will increase the time of cooking.
2. Heat the slow cooker, pour the oil or put any fat. At the first stage we use the “Baking” mode.
3. We lay out the meat, fry under the lid for about twenty minutes.
4. Coarsely chop the onions and sticks of carrots. It is better not to use the grater. We shift to the meat and cook further.
5. We wash bulgur, we clean the chives. 6. Add to the meat spices for pilaf. You can use any other. Immediately salt.
7. Add bulgur, pour boiling water, the amount of water indicated in the list of ingredients.
8. We stick in peeled garlic cloves. But you can insert the whole head in the center, as is done in the classic pilau recipe.
9. Put the “Pilaf” mode and prepare before the signal.
10. Keeping to maintain the temperature for another half hour and then open. Now you can stir the dish.
Recipe 4: Bulgur porridge in a slow cooker with milk
Recipe of milk porridge from bulgur for multicooker. Fresh apple and some dried apricots are used as filling. Similarly, you can lay the raisins and prunes, but it is important not to overdo it with the quantity.
• 150 grams of Bulgur;
• 1 apple;
• 7 pieces of dried apricots;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 1.5 cups of milk;
• 1 glass of water;
• sugar and salt;
• 0.3 tsp. cinnamon
1. Put the oil in the slow cooker. You can use any, but better creamy.
2. We warm up on the baking program.
3. Cut an apple into cubes, do not remove the peel.
4. Throw fruit in a slow cooker, lightly fry.
5. Add chopped dried apricots, sprinkle with cinnamon and warm.
6. Bulgur wash, shift to the slow cooker. Put the salt and sugar.
7. Pour milk and water. You can use pure milk.
8. Close and cook on the program “Porridge” or “Soup”.
9. After the signal, open, stir and let stand a little.
Recipe 5: Bulgur in a multicooker with champignons
Another lean version of the dish of bulgur, which can be cooked not only with mushrooms. If forest mushrooms are used, it is better to boil them a little.
• 0.4 kg of mushrooms;
• onion head;
• 2 glasses of bulgur;
• 4 glasses of water or broth;
• laurel leaf;
• 50 ml of oil;
• salt and pepper;
• garlic, greens.
1. We wash mushrooms in water. If necessary, soak a little, cut off damage. Shred records.
2. Put the mushrooms in a miracle saucepan along with the butter and fry in the appropriate mode. 3. As soon as all the water evaporates, and the mushrooms begin to roast, add the onion cut into large pieces, you can throw the chopped garlic.
4. Bulgur is washed, filled with cold water for 10 minutes, then the liquid is drained.
5. We shift the cereal to the fried mushrooms, stir.
6. Fill prescription water. But you can take any broth, including mushroom.
7. Add salt, throw different seasonings and put a laurel leaf on top.
8. Close the slow cooker, cook on the “Pilaf” or “Buckwheat” mode. Both programs are suitable for this dish. After the signal we give mushroom porridge to stand.
Recipe 6: Bulgur in an eggplant multicooker
For cooking use young eggplants. To make the vegetable not bitter, you need to immediately cut it into cubes and soak it in salt water.
• 2 eggplants;
• 1 cup (for the multicooker) bulgur;
• 40 ml of oil;
• 0.5 tsp. curry;
• 1 bunch of parsley;
• 100 grams of onions;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 pepper sweet.
1. If the eggplants are soaked in salted water, then rinse the pieces and place them in a colander for a while.
2. Onions cut into cubes, throw in a slow cooker, pour in oil. Cook for five minutes in frying mode.
3. Add eggplants, fry for another five minutes.
4. Cut the pepper into cubes, throw the central seed box. We send the vegetable to the slow cooker.
5. After a couple of minutes, add spices and salt. In addition to curry, you can add any kinds of pepper, cumin, cumin.
6. Add the prepared bulgur.
7. Fill two glasses of broth or just use boiling water. The amount is the same.
8. Close and prepare for an hour extinguishing program.
9. At the end you need to open, sprinkle with fragrant mixture of chopped parsley and garlic. Let stand under the lid to soak in the aroma.
Recipe 7: Bulgur in a slow cooker with raisins and strawberries
Variant of sweet dish from bulgur with raisins and strawberries. Such porridge can be served for breakfast, it turns out tasty and unusual. Instead of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and other berries also fit. Ingredients
• 1 glass of bulgur;
• 2 spoons plums. oils;
• 2 spoons of raisins;
• 120 grams of strawberries;
• sugar or honey;
• condensed milk.
1. We cut strawberries into slices, put them in a slow cooker together with butter, turn on the “Baking” program. Some berries can be left for decoration.
2. After five minutes, add the washed raisins and a couple of tablespoons of sugar, you can use honey. Cooking the resulting jam further.
3. As soon as part of the juice is evaporated, add bulgur to the bowl.
4. Next, pour in two glasses of water, preferably immediately use boiling water.
5. We throw a pinch of salt to make the dish more tasty.
6. Close, cook in “Kashi” mode for about 50 minutes. If necessary, time can be added.
7. We put a delicacy in plates, decorate with fresh strawberries, pour with condensed milk.
Bulgur Multicooker - Tips and Tricks
• Bulgur porridge will be more aromatic if the grits are pre-fry in melted butter. You can use just butter.
• Bulgur can be used for kuya. It goes well with raisins, honey, candied fruits. You can add different syrups and flavorings to it.
• Bulgur is made from wheat and the calories of cereals are not very small. Despite all the benefits, meals can lead to weight gain. And you need to use them in a reasonable amount.
• You should not worry if you could boil bulgur more, and the croup remained. The product can be added to fresh salads, omelets, various casseroles. He remarkably tolerates roasting in a skillet with various products: meat, sausage, vegetables.