Strudel - truly brilliant pastries.
Fragrant, juicy, with an appetizing crust.
What are the Austrians great!
They can say thank you for the invention of strudel. And we only need to learn how to do it correctly.
What are the features of cooking and baking strudel with apples from puff pastry?
Puff Pastry Apple Strudel - General Cooking Principles
Strudel - roll with juicy and fragrant filling. In fact, it is very easy to cook it, if you use ready-made dough. If you knead it and peel it on your own, then it will take much more time. For the filling mainly stewed apples are used. The filling should be prepared in advance to cool.
What else is added to apples:
• other fruits;
Puff pastry is rolled into the reservoir, lay out the filling and fold. You can simply bend the edges inwards alternately. But more often roll up a roll. This is not so easy to do, the filling tries to get enough sleep. Therefore, twisting produced with a piece of parchment or kitchen towel.
The finished product is lubricated. To do this, use butter or egg. And be sure to make holes on top, through which steam will come out. Strudel is baked in the oven. Planting temperature 190-200 degrees. Usually a puff pastry is enough for 30-40 minutes. But we are guided by the form.
Recipe 1: Plain apple strudel with puff pastry
For making simple and quick strudel with apples, yeast-free puff pastry is needed. The quantity indicated is approximate. If in a pack more, then separate by eye.
• 4 spoons of sugar;
• 3 tablespoons butter;
• 0.25 kg of dough;
• 3 tablespoons flour;
• 0.5 tablespoons of cinnamon;
• 6 apples.
Cooking 1. We take the dough out of the freezer in advance, let it thaw on the table. If there is no time, then you can defrost in the microwave.
2. Wash apples, wipe. Cut in half, remove the core and chop into thin slices. Skin leave.
3. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a skillet, put the apples and sprinkle half the sugar. Slightly fry, evaporate the liquid. It will take about 12 minutes. Cooling stuffing, add cinnamon to it.
4. Roll out the dough into a rectangular layer of 30 to 35 centimeters.
5. Sprinkle with wheat flour. It will prevent the base from running out of apple juice.
6. Fold the cooled filling and roll the strudel. You just need to wrap inside one edge and then the second.
7. Turn over. The seam should be at the bottom. We shift on a baking sheet.
8. The remaining spoon of oil is melted and lubricated with our bundle. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. From above, we make several cuts so that steam comes out of them.
9. Bake until tender.
Recipe 2: Apple Nut Strudel
For the preparation of this fragrant strudel with puff pastry apples, walnuts are needed. Of course, you can use peanuts, hazelnuts, but with them it turns out quite differently. Walnuts convey their special taste to baking.
• 0.3 kg dough;
• 0.13 kg of nuts;
• 30 g of oil;
• 2-3 tablespoons of starch;
• 60 g of sugar;
• 500 grams of apples.
1. Immediately heat the oil in a skillet.
2. Cut the apples into small slices, throw in the pan. Add sugar and cook for about five minutes.
3. We sort out walnuts, remove garbage, chop it up into pieces. But not small. It is not necessary to turn into dust or kernel flour.
4. We shift the nuts in the apples, cook a couple more minutes. If you want to get a brighter flavor, you can fry them in another pan, and then combine them in the filling.
5. Roll out the layer, we shift on a towel. You can use a sheet of parchment. 6. Sprinkle dough with starch.
7. Fold in an even layer of apple filling with nuts.
8. Roll the roll, helping yourself with a towel.
9. Putting on a baking sheet, pinching the edges of the product to keep all the stuffing and juice in it.
10. From above we make several cuts, then we grease with oil and send it to the oven. Cook until golden brown. We take out and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe 3: Raw apple strudel strudel
It turns out that for making strudel with apples from puff pastry it is not necessary to subject the stuffing to heat treatment. You can do much easier and the process will go faster. Better to use soft and ripe apples. For baking this product will need a piece of foil.
• 0.3 kg puff pastry;
• 0.5 kg of apples;
• sugar and cinnamon to taste;
• 4 scoops of breadcrumbs;
• 2 tablespoons butter.
1. For this recipe, apples need to be peeled and then cut into thin slices. Pieces can be large in size, but not thick. That's the whole preparation of the filling!
2. Roll out the puff pastry into the reservoir, grease with one spoon of butter.
3. Sprinkle with a layer of breadcrumbs. They will absorb the juice released from the apples.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar on top.
5. We twist strudel roll.
6. On a baking tray we lay a sheet of foil and grease it with oil. We shift our roll. We have a seam below, the edges of the log can be tweaked. We make 3 transverse cuts on top, like a loaf.
7. Raise the edges of the foil on both sides and pinch the top together.
8. Put the strudel baked. Cooking 15 minutes at 190 degrees.
9. Cream butter with a pinch of sugar.
10. We take out, open the foil and grease with a creamy mass on all sides. Now add the temperature to 220 degrees and fry the strudel until done. About 15 more minutes.
Recipe 4: Apple strudel and raisin puff pastry
Another recipe for strudel with apples from puff pastry. This time the taste is diluted with raisins. The technology of preparing the filling and the formation of the product is also different.
• 250 grams of dough;
• 4 spoons of sugar;
• 4 tablespoons of crushed crackers;
• 100 grams of raisins;
• 5 apples;
• 1 yolk;
• 150 ml of water;
• 1 spoonful of flour.
1. Roll out a layer of puff pastry in length and let it lie on the table to thaw well. In the meantime, prepare the stuffing.
2. Raise the raisins with warm water and leave to swell. Then we well express the liquid.
3. Cut the peeled apples into small pieces, combine with swollen raisins, add cinnamon with sugar.
4. Beat the yolk with a fork.
5. Shift the dough on a kitchen towel, lightly powdered with flour.
6. Lubricate with whipped yolk, sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
7. Put the apple filling with raisins on one half of the dough. Cover with the free part and tightly pinch the edges around the perimeter. Get a rectangle. Now it is twisted roll.
8. We shift on the baking sheet, make cuts, grease with yolk residues and bake until done.
Recipe 5: Apple strudel and puff pastry zest
Recipe is very fragrant strudel, in the filling for which is added citrus peel. It can be lemon, orange, mandarin and even a mixture of different crusts. But the most fragrant is the product with lemon.
• 0.3 kg dough;
• 0.4 kg of apples;
• 0.1 kg of nuts;
• 1 spoon of dried peel;
• 3 spoons sugar;
• 2 spoons of butter;
1. Crush the nuts into pieces, put in hot oil and fry for a minute.
2. Add diced apples, zest and sugar, cook the filling for 10 minutes. We make a big fire so that the moisture evaporates. Cooling down.
3. Roll out the layer, lay out the stuffing on it.
4. We form the product in the form of a roll or envelope. Sent on a baking sheet. 5. We make several cuts on top.
6. Separate the white from the yolk. Beat the yolk and lubricate the product. Protein is not useful to us.
7. Bake until tender. Cool and cut into transverse slices.
Recipe 6: Strudel with apples and puff pastry cherries
For the filling, you can use both fresh and frozen cherries. But they need to be thawed out and drained all the liquid, you can even squeeze the berries with your hands.
• 0.26 kg of dough;
• 3 apples;
• 1 glass of cherries;
• 4 spoons of sugar;
• 0.5 tsp. cinnamon;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 0.5 cups chopped sweet crackers.
1. We take out the bones from the cherries, put them in a colander for now, let the excess juice flow down.
2. Heat up the butter, add sliced apples and sugar, prepare two minutes.
3. Add cherries, cinnamon and simmer for about fifteen minutes. Look at the density of the filling. If the moisture evaporated earlier, then turn off. Cooling down.
4. Roll out the layer, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, lay out the fruit filling.
5. We twist the product, transfer it to the baking sheet.
6. Lubricate with oil, make three holes on top and bake.
Recipe 7: Apple strudel and puff pastry honey
For this strudel it is better to use yeast dough. It turns out more tender and tasty.
• 0.5 kg of dough;
• 10 apples;
• 150 grams of raisins;
• 3 spoons of honey;
• 40 grams of sugar;
• 1 tsp. cinnamon;
• 1 yolk;
• 2 spoons of brandy;
• 1 pinch of vanilla;
• 3 tablespoons of powder.
1. Cut the apples into slices, but not small. We shift to the pan and begin to simmer.
2. After 5 minutes add sugar. It is better to use reed.
3. Add washed raisins, cinnamon and cognac. Stew together until the fruit is soft. Instead of brandy, you can use any liquor.
4. Cool the filling to a warm state and add honey. It will melt, stir.
5. Roll out the dough layer about 5 millimeters. Spread evenly stuffing. 6. Fold roll. Straighten hands and send to the prepared baking sheet.
7. Lubricate the yolk and send bake.
8. Cool, sprinkle with powder. Can be a mixture of powder with cinnamon.
Apple strudel with puff pastry - tips and tricks
• If strudel is cooked with raw apples, then do not sprinkle them with sugar in advance. Otherwise there will be a lot of juice and the dough will simply become slack. Also, when forming a roll, you can sprinkle the layer of dough itself, and not the filling.
• No apples or just a little of them? Stuffing for strudel can be diluted with any fruit: plums, pears, quince and even add exotic bananas. Tasty and bright pastries are obtained with the addition of pumpkin.
• Ground cloves, like cinnamon, blend beautifully with apples and emphasize their taste. But for some reason she unfairly stands aside. Maybe this needs to be fixed?
• Instead of crackers and flour, sprinkle a layer of dough with crushed dry biscuits, unsalted cracker. They will also absorb apple juice well and will not allow the dough to limp.
• If nuts come to the strudel, you can decorate it with them. To do this, before baking, the product is simply lubricated and filled with crushed kernels. It is only important that they are not fried, but raw. Otherwise they may burn.
• What is a strudel? Of course, it can be coffee, tea. But classic pastries are usually complemented with a scoop of ice cream.