Citruses are tasty on their own, but more of them make amazing desserts. They are not only very fragrant, but also useful. Here are some very interesting recipes for a festive and everyday table.
Citrus Dessert - General Cooking Principles
There are many different citruses and their relatives, in addition to lemon and orange for desserts, you can use mandarins, grapefruits, pomelo, suite, lime. And this is not the whole list. In most recipes, one citrus can be replaced by another kind. Usually they are used fresh, as they are available all year round, they are beautifully stored.
What else is used in desserts:
• cottage cheese, sour cream and other dairy products;
• fruits, berries, juices, compotes, liqueurs;
• chocolate, sweets, various dragees;
• biscuits, biscuits, waffles;
• baking products.
In desserts can be used not only the citrus pulp, but also the zest. Very often from oranges prepare gummy treats, they need gelatin. There are even recipes for cakes without baking on a jelly basis, one of them can be found just below.
Citrus Dessert in Peel with Cream
A variant of the stunning citrus dessert in orange peel. Additionally, you will need some lemon juice. Strawberries can be used canned.
• 4 oranges;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 40 grams of plums. oils;
• 200 ml of heavy cream;
• 9 Art. l Sahara;
• 100 g strawberries;
• 2 tbsp. l powder;
• 2 tbsp. l flour.
1. Thoroughly wash the oranges, cut each in half, remove all the flesh, leaving the citrus cups.
2. Remove all white films from the pulp, put it in a blender, add lemon juice and sugar. Beat it all together. Juice, which stood out when slicing an orange and choosing films, also added to the total mass.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add a couple of spoons of flour to it, stir and fry a little. 4. Pour the orange mass into the flour, stir quickly so that no lumps form. Boil until thickened, get a citrus custard. Cool it down.
5. Arrange the cream in halves of orange. Put in the fridge so that it still froze.
6. Fatty cream whip into foam, add powdered sugar.
7. Now you need to put the cream on the orange cream. It is better to use a pastry bag with a nozzle, it will turn out beautifully.
8. Wash strawberries, you can not remove the tails, it looks original with them, decorate the cream. You can take canned strawberries. Also for decoration raspberry, currant, blackberry, blueberry, all citruses are perfectly combined with them.
Citrus dessert with cookies and curd
For the preparation of such a dessert used oranges or tangerines. The delicacy is done very quickly, you can collect it in a common dish or arrange it in portioned vases, glasses.
• 300 g of citruses;
• 300 g of cottage cheese;
• 120 g of biscuits;
• 100 ml of milk;
• 2 tbsp. l sour cream;
• 4 tbsp. l Sahara;
• 1 tsp. vanilla sugar;
• 1 tbsp. l grated chocolate.
1. Peel citrus, cut into arbitrary pieces, as you like. You can slices or circles. It is advisable to remove all white hair and thick film.
2. Cottage cheese is better to take fat, grind it with sugar, fill with sour cream and vanilla.
3. Dip cookies in milk, but do not hold for a long time, just dip them. Put on the bottom of the pot.
4. Brush with a layer of curd mass, put slices of citrus.
5. Repeat layers and dessert is ready! Since the biscuit was wetted, it does not need to soak for a long time, but still it is better to hold a dessert of citrus in the refrigerator for 40-60 minutes.
Citrus Jelly Dessert in Peel
For the preparation of such a citrus dessert, you can use ready-made jelly, but you need to breed it cooler, that is, pour water less than the norm. But it is better to follow the above recipe, in this case, the content will harden, citrus will be cut into.
• 5-6 oranges;
• 500 ml of any juice, you can orange; • 25 grams of gelatin;
• 7 tablespoons of sugar;
• 2 spoons of liquor.
1. Combine half of the juice with prescription gelatin. You can use lemonade or compote. Well, if it is orange or red, that is, natural colors. Leave the gelatin for twenty minutes to swell.
2. Cut the oranges in half, remove all the pulp and squeeze the juice out of it. Connect with the juice that remained.
3. Add sugar, liqueur to the juices, stir.
4. Melt the gelatin, combine with juices, stir.
5. Pour empty citrus halves with the prepared syrup, do it carefully and immediately on a dish, it is advisable to fix the “boats” so that they do not bend.
6. Leave in the cold until it freezes. It is desirable to withstand at least four hours, and preferably all night.
7. Use a sharp knife to cut the halves of oranges together with jelly slices, arrange on a plate and the citrus dessert is ready! Such slices look very interesting if you fill the halves of oranges with juices of different colors.
Citrus dessert-cake without baking
Option simple cake without baking. Here are some foods for a small citrus dessert. At will, proportionally increase by several times.
• 4 tsp. gelatin;
• 4 tbsp. l Sahara;
• 300 grams of cottage cheese;
• 3 oranges;
• 250 ml of cream;
• 150 ml of orange juice.
1. Pour gelatin with half a glass of water, let it swell.
2. Wipe the curd, add orange juice in portions, beat well.
3. Cream whipped into a cool foam, add sugar.
4. Combine cream with curd mass, mix gently.
5. Melt the gelatin, add to the curd mass.
6. Peel oranges, cut into circles.
7. Cover the form with a film, arrange the slices of oranges on the bottom and sides.
8. Put a lot of cottage cheese with cream, smooth out. If the pieces of oranges remain, then they are also laid out, slightly deepen.
9. Put the dessert in the refrigerator for four hours.
10. After full curing, cover the form with a flat plate and gently turn the cake over. 11. Remove the film, does not need to decorate the cake.
Citrus Dessert with Biscuit
Why not make a citrus pie for dessert? It is something like a charlotte, but incredibly fragrant, light, with bright taste and color. It uses mandarins with oranges, but you can take one type of citrus.
• 4 eggs;
• big orange;
• 3 mandarins;
• 160 g sugar;
• 130 g of flour;
• 7 grams of ripper;
• pinch of vanilla.
1. It is necessary to immediately turn on the oven to warm up, since everything else is prepared very quickly. Set the temperature to 180.
2. Immediately grease the form, sprinkle with flour on top, or simply cover the parchment with baking paper.
3. Wash the citrus. Peel one orange and one mandarin. This is best done with a fine float so as not to chop anything extra.
4. Clear citruses, disassemble into slices. Tangerines leave whole, oranges cut in half.
5. Combine the flour with a baking ripper, sift, add vanilla and previously prepared peel.
6. Mix the sugar and eggs, turn on the mixer, beat it all for 5-7 minutes at the highest speed.
7. Add flour with zest, stir the dough.
8. Add citrus slices, stir again.
9. Transfer the mass to the cooked form, send to the oven.
10. We bake a citrus pie until done, when serving you can simply sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Citrus Dessert with Mascarpone
It uses oranges, but you can also take other types of citrus, but not sour. That is, lemons and limes will not do. Dessert has a spectacular view and noble taste, suitable for the holiday table.
• 150 grams of mascarpone;
• 90 g of powder;
• 1 spoonful of regular sugar (you can take brown);
• 300 ml of orange juice;
• 2 oranges;
• 1 tbsp. l gelatin;
• 200 ml of cream (fat).
1. Rinse oranges thoroughly and carefully remove one crust. Cut into even straws.
2. Pour a spoonful of sugar and a spoonful of water on the pan, put the prepared crusts and warm it all up, that is, caramelize. As soon as the caramel flavor appears, put the pieces of zest into a strainer, let them cool. 3. From one orange squeeze the juice, combine it with gelatin, set aside for twenty minutes. The exact time of infusion is indicated by the manufacturer on the packaging.
4. The second orange is also peeled, broken into lobules. Then remove each film, cut into small pieces. You can immediately put in vases for dessert.
5. Melt the swollen gelatin, mix with the orange juice, stir and pour the citrus slices into the vases.
6. Put the dessert in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
7. Beat cream with powder, add mascarpone. Optionally, add vanilla cream or any flavored liqueur.
8. Put the cream on top of the curing gel layer. The hill should be high.
9. Top decorate the dessert with orange caramel crusts.
Citrus Dessert - Tips and Tricks
• Peel - the most fragrant that is in citrus. It can be harvested for future use, after drying, the properties do not change. Citrus need to wipe dry, gently remove the painted skin, put on a flat surface, dried in a dark ventilated place. Then the crust can be simply poured into a jar or chopped, use a sealed cover.
• On the peel of citrus huge amounts of microbes and chemicals. It is important to wash the fruit immediately upon entering the house. It is best to use warm water and laundry soap for this.
• Need to squeeze the juice out of citrus? Do not rush to cut it. First, put the fruit on the table, roll with pressure. After that, you need to cut over the bowl, some of the juice will flow out immediately, and the remaining liquid is very easy to squeeze out.