Tuna is an incredibly popular fish in Europe and Asia. This is because the meat of this fish contains a huge amount of amino acids and vitamins. Proponents of a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition have long appreciated its dietary properties.
Tuna salad (step-by-step recipe) - basic cooking principles
Every good housewife must have a jar of tuna in reserve. One jar is enough for an independent snack, or for preparing a delicious and nutritious salad.
Choose a tuna jar not the one where it says “for salads,” but canned whole pieces without salt and oil. In the first case, canned food is made from scraps of fish. Therefore, they have such a low cost. However, along with the price, the protein content in the contents of the can also decreases. Canned tuna can be in oil or own juice. If you want to get a rich dish, use canned food in oil, for the dietary option snack - in its own juice.
A jar of fish is opened with a special key or a sharp knife. The liquid is drained, and the fish is laid out in a plate and gently kneaded with a fork.
If the salad is prepared with fruit, tuna sprinkle freshly squeezed lemon juice.
As additional ingredients use fresh vegetables, cheese, eggs, pulses, fruits, etc.
Especially delicious salad is made with cabbage, greens and other fresh vegetables. Cabbage is better to use Peking, cut off a dense white part. Her leaves are very tender. Cabbage chopped thin straws. Green salad is better not to cut, and tear your hands. You can use arugula, iceberg, ramen or spinach.
Eggs for salad is better to take home. With them the snack will turn out tastier and brighter. They are boiled hard-boiled, then cooled in cold water. Chilled eggs can be wiped with a napkin and placed in the refrigerator for a while. This is done to make the shell easier to clean. Spices that are great for salads with tuna: dry mustard, black pepper, Provencal herbs and lemon pepper.
Shredded pine or walnuts will make the salad taste more original.
Beans, chickpeas, lentils are added to the salad in boiled form, or canned beans are used.
Tuna salad is filled with low-fat mayonnaise, sour cream, olive, refined sunflower oil, or a sauce based on vegetable oil with the addition of lemon juice or vinegar. In some recipes, fish liquid is used as a dressing.
In the article we offer you several options for cooking tuna salad (step-by-step recipe).
Recipe 1. Tuna Salad: A Step-by-Step Recipe with Corn
one can of canned tuna;
one can of corn;
freshly ground black pepper;
four pickled or pickled cucumbers;
a small bunch of fresh dill;
four chicken eggs;
natural yoghurt or mayonnaise for dressing;
onions - one head.
Method of preparation
1. We open the tuna jar with a special key for canned food or a sharp knife. If canned fish with oil is used, we recline it in a colander and leave excess oil to the glass. Tuna in our own juice just put on a plate and gently knead with a fork. It is preferable to use the second option so that the snack does not turn out to be too fat. Canned in oil is suitable for salads, which are filled with olive or sunflower oil. Thanks to this you can significantly reduce the amount of oil in the gas station. Put mashed fish in a salad bowl.
2. Remove the eggs from the refrigerator. Put them in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Put it on medium heat and boil to a state of "hard-boiled." Then drain the boiling water and place the eggs in cold water. After a minute, drain it and refill with cold water. Remove the eggs from the water, wipe with a paper kitchen towel and peel off the shell. Crush eggs with a special egg slicer or a sharp knife. Send the chopped eggs to the tuna salad bowl. 3. Open the jar of corn with a special key or a sharp knife. Put the contents in a strainer and leave for some time to allow the entire syrup to stack. Stir the corn a couple of times. Put it in a salad bowl with the rest of the ingredients. The main condition is that there is no liquid left, otherwise the salad will turn into a shapeless mass.
4. Remove pickled or pickled cucumbers from the marinade. Dry them with a napkin. If the vegetable skin is rough, cut it. Put the cucumber on the board. Cut it in half lengthwise. Each half cut into strips, and then crumble across small cubes. Thus chop the rest of the cucumbers. Put to the rest of the ingredients.
5. Fetch a bunch of dill, remove sluggish and yellowed twigs. Rinse the herbs and finely chop them. Add to the salad bowl. Season the snack and mix gently. Before salting, taste the salad, as the pickled cucumbers will make the salad residually salted. If you want to get a hearty snack, season it with mayonnaise. It is better to make the sauce yourself by blending a refined vegetable oil with yolks, spices and mustard. In this case, you will be absolutely sure of the quality of the product. If you want the snack to be dietary, fill it with natural yogurt.
6. A ready-made tuna salad (step-by-step recipe) with corn can be served in a clear glass salad bowl, in cream bowls or tartlets. Top with fresh herbs.
Recipe 2. Tuna Salad: A Step-by-Step Recipe with Rice
two cans of canned tuna;
half a cup of rice;
three pickled or fresh cucumbers;
four boiled chicken eggs;
150 grams of hard cheese.
Method of preparation
1. Preparation begin with the preparation of rice. To do this, wash the grits, constantly changing the water. Or lay it in a sieve and place it under a stream of running water. At the same time constantly mix. It is better to use rice varieties that become friable after cooking. Ideal steamed long grain or Jasmine. Washed cereal shift in a suitable saucepan and pour a large amount of filtered water. Lightly salt and set on medium heat. Boil the cereal until done. Then we throw the cereal in a colander or sieve and rinse, stirring constantly. Leave to glass all the liquid. 2. Remove eggs from the fridge and place in a stewpan. Fill with cold drinking water so that it completely covers them, and put it on the stove. Turn on the heat and cook for no more than ten minutes. Then the boiling water is drained, and the eggs are placed in cold water. If this is not done, the shell will be poorly cleaned. Eggs are shelled. We spread on a chopping board, cut it in half and cut into small pieces with a sharp knife.
3. Cut the cucumbers into small cubes. If it is a fresh vegetable, it is pre-washed and cut off on both sides. Pickled cucumbers take out of the marinade and dipped with paper napkin. If the cucumber skin is tough, cut it off to make the salad tender.
4. Head of onions free from husk. To do this, use a sharp knife to cut off the stem and remove the husk. Rinse the onion. We spread on the board, cut in half. Each half is cut into strips and crumbled across in small pieces. We spread the shredded onions in a small bowl and pour boiling water over it. Leave for a couple of minutes, and drain the liquid. This is done so that the onions give up their bitterness.
5. Cheese free from packaging. Cut the paraffin crust with a sharp knife. Grind grated cheese with large holes. You can use a special device for rubbing cheese.
6. We open tuna cans. This can be done with a sharp knife or a special key for canned food. The liquid is drained. If you leave it, the salad will turn out wet and will spread. We put the contents of the cans on a plate and gently knead with a fork, but do not turn them into porridge.
7. Greens are sorting through. Remove yellowed twigs. Rinse greens, lightly dry. We spread on the board and crumble with a sharp knife.
8. Combine all the prepared ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add mayonnaise and mix gently. How much mayonnaise to put depends on your taste, for this amount of products three or four spoons will suffice. Salt and pepper salad after refilling, as mayonnaise and pickled cucumbers will add their salinity to the snack. 9. Salad is served in the general salad bowl, or in individual ice-cream bowls. The presentation in tartlets will look original.
Tuna Salad (step by step recipe) - tips and tricks
Be sure to drain the canned liquid so that the salad does not become wet and not drip.
Take for salad canned food, in which the fish pieces.
Salad with pickles pickle and pepper should be in the end, so that the appetizer does not turn out salty.
Serve a snack as a separate dish, or as an addition to a side dish.