The main ingredient of the dish is beans, which is why it bears such a name - lobio, this is how Georgian beans sound. Cooking options for this masterpiece are many. Lobio is prepared from a combination of the simplest and most accessible ingredients, but it turns out to be a very sophisticated dish that all the peoples of the Caucasus love.
Adding vegetables and dried herbs reveals the taste of the dish, so it can easily become the most favorite, and appear on your table more often. You can cook lobio from a variety of beans, including chili, with tomatoes or without them, with nuts, with mushrooms, etc. Choose any option from the following recipes, and prepare a healthy and tasty dish, getting pleasure from the incredible taste and aroma that will fill your home.
Lobio in Georgian - general principles of preparation
Before cooking, red beans should be filled with water and left in this condition overnight. Always drain old water, cook it with newly filled water, it should be twice as large as beans. Boil the beans need at least 45 minutes.
If you cook lobio from different types of beans, then remember that they have different cooking times, so initially it is better to cook them separately.
You can add any meat, vegetables, mushrooms and greens to lobio. If desired, these ingredients can be combined in different ways each time.
Tolkushka dish kneads slightly so that lobio does not turn into a bean cream.
Cilantro will be a great addition to enhance the taste of any kind of lobio.
The dish is served as a main or in the form of a side dish. If desired, any lobio can be wrapped in a thin Georgian cake.
The taste of the dish is wonderful both in cold and hot.
Lobio in Georgian - a classic recipe
• beans (red) 360 g;
• Tomato - 3-4 pcs .;
• onions - 3 heads;
• vegetable oil - 50 - 60 ml;
• garlic - 3-4 cloves;
• Vinegar 3% - 55 ml; • Hmeli-suneli seasoning - a spoon;
• oregano sushi. - a spoon;
• mint sushi. - half a spoon;
• a bunch of fresh cilantro;
• ground pepper (black and red);
1. Beans need to sort and then pour cold filtered water and leave in this state for 7 hours.
2. From the cilantro twigs, cut the stems, chop the greens and cover with vinegar. Cover with a lid or saucer, and also leave in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Throw the beans in the durshlak, and then shift to a small saucepan. Fill the grain with water completely, and put on fire. Cooking time 45-50 minutes. Then remove from heat, and if water remains, drain it. The beans themselves with a special spatula, remember.
4. Peel the onions, and cut into small slices.
5. Scald the washed tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skin and dice them.
6. Pour oil into the pan, and fry the onion in it.
7. Add chopped tomatoes to onions.
8. Crushed peeled garlic on the press, mix with cilantro in vinegar.
9. In a stew pan add the fried onions with tomato, garlic with cilantro and beans.
10. Add condiments, dried herbs, salt and cover with a lid. Simmer another 10 minutes.
11. Put the finished lobio in a deep plate and serve with corn tortillas.
Lobio in Georgian “White”
• white (dry) beans - 320 g;
• onion - a couple of pieces;
• garlic - three cloves;
• cilantro - bundle;
• ground pepper (red);
• ground coriander - pinch;
• vegetable oil - 40 ml;
1. Soak beans in the evening soak in cold water.
2. In the morning, drain the water and boil the beans (1.5 hours).
3. Onion cut into thin half-rings and fry it in a frying pan.
4. Add cooked beans to onions. Move with a wooden spatula, crushing the beans. You will have a mushy mass (a few beans must be whole).
5. Peel the garlic, and crush on the press. Add to the contents in the pan.
6. Add seasoning, prisolite. Continue to fry the dish for about 5 minutes, constantly stirring food in the pan. 7. Crush cilantro. Sprinkle it with lobio, mix and place on a flat plate.
8. Serve the dish warm.
Lobio in Georgian from canned beans with walnuts
• red and white beans - 1 jar each;
• onion - three things;
• tomato paste - a pair of spoons;
• garlic - 4 cloves;
• a mixture of peppers;
• walnuts - 75 g;
• bunch of cilantro;
• spoon of any seasoning;
• vegetable oil - 20 ml.
1. Peel and dice the onions.
2. Fry it lightly in butter with the addition of tomato paste.
3. Open the cans of beans, drain the liquid from them, if necessary, rinse the beans and slightly remember (just do not mash).
4. Put the beans in a small saucepan, add the contents of the pan to it.
5. Crush the peeled garlic on the press, put it in the pan.
6. Add spices to the total mass of the products, salt them. Simmer for no more than 5 minutes. Add some water if necessary.
7. Chop the cilantro leaves with a knife.
8. Crushed walnuts in peeled form into crumb.
9. Remove lobio from heat, add nuts and cilantro, mix.
10. Put the prepared lobio on a deepened plate and serve it to the table.
Lobio in Georgian from green beans
• green beans - a kilogram;
• Bulgarian pepper (sweet) - one piece;
• tomatoes - a couple;
• garlic - two cloves;
• vegetable oil;
• parsley and cilantro - bundle;
• dried basil - one spoon;
• ground red pepper;
1. Boil the green beans (you can take frozen) until tender. Cooking time 15-20 minutes.
2. Onion cut into half rings.
3. Boil the tomatoes. Then peel off the skin and cut out the core. Cut into small cubes.
4. Pepper chop fine straws.
5. Cut the greens finely.
6. Pour oil into the pan, fry the onions first.
7. Alternately add the following products to the pan, while still stirring them — tomatoes, bell peppers, boiled beans, and greens. 8. Mash slightly with a special tolkushki.
9. Crush garlic on the press directly into the pan. Salt and add spices. Mix everything thoroughly.
10. Fry lobio for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
11. Remove the prepared dish from the heat, cool slightly.
12. Serve the ready lobio as a main course, or as a warm salad.
Lobio in Georgian with champignons
• red beans (dry) - 280 g;
• fresh champignons - 180-200 g;
• peeled walnuts - 85 g;
• a spoonful of any pepper;
• grape vinegar - a spoon;
• vegetable oil;
• hops-suneli - t.lozhka;
• fresh greens (parsley, cilantro to taste) - a bunch.
1. Sort out the beans, cover with cooled purified water. Leave for 6-7 hours.
2. Drain the beans, pour fresh, and put the boil on the fire. Duration of cooking 1 hour.
3. Peel and wash onions. Cut into thin half rings.
4. Mushrooms wash and cut into small slices.
5. Pour oil into the pan. Fry the onion with the champignons.
6. Peel the garlic, crush on the press.
7. Chop nuts into a crumb.
8. In a skillet for mushrooms shift the chopped garlic with nuts, mix.
9. Pour vinegar into the saucepan with beans, add salt and spices. Stir.
10. Transfer the contents of the pan to the beans, and mix again. If the beans are not very softened, then remember her tolkushkoy.
11. Simmer the lobio for another 5 minutes.
12. In the finished dish, add chopped, fresh greens. Stir.
13. Serve lobio with champignons in a large flat plate.
Lobio in Georgian with vegetables in a multicooker
• white beans (dry) - two glasses.
• a pair of bulbs;
• large carrots - 1 pc .;
• zucchini - 110 g;
• garlic - for wusu;
• ketchup - 4 spoons;
• vegetable oil - for frying;
• sugar - a spoon;
• ground black pepper;
1. First, sort the beans, and then soak in cold water overnight. 2. In the morning, drain the water from the beans.
3. Put the beans in the multicooker bowl, fill it completely with water, close the lid. Turn on the Quenching mode by setting the time to 45 minutes.
4. At this time, prepare the vegetables - clean and wash them.
5. Grate the carrots.
6. Slice squash.
7. Onion cut finely with a sharp knife.
8. Transfer the multicooker beans to a separate container and remember it slightly. Be sure to half the grains must remain intact.
9. Pour oil into the multicooker bowl, turn on the “Frying” mode.
10. Fry the onions with carrots, stirring all the time.
11. Add tomato paste, zucchini and garlic, crushed on the press.
12. Put the beans in the multicooker container, add spices, sugar and salt, mix.
13. In the Quenching mode, cook another 15 minutes.
14. Cut the greens and add it to the finished lobio.
15. Serve the dish in a large flat plate with flat cakes.
Lobio in Georgian - Tips and Tips
• If the beans are not fresh, then you need to sort them out before cooking.
• Do not overdo the shrimp dish, otherwise all the vegetables will melt, and it will turn into a mess.
• Try not to overdo it with seasonings, otherwise you can spoil the taste of the dish.
• Beans will be ready if even one of the beans begins to peel off.
• Vinegar in recipes can use any. It is desirable that it be natural.
• Although it is a low-calorie dish, remember that white beans are still hard to digest.