Rabbit's meat is considered dietary meat and for some reason many people think that it is dry, tasteless, and tough.
Actually this is a delusion.
A rabbit can be very tender, juicy and soft, especially if it is cooked in sour cream.
And not to spend a lot of time, we will do it in the oven.
Rabbit in sour cream in the oven - general principles of cooking
Raw rabbit meat has a specific smell, so meat should be soaked. To do this, the carcass or prepared pieces are filled with water, the liquid is periodically changed. You can add lemon slices, vinegar, any spices to the water. Steep meat for at least 4 hours.
After soaking the carcass is washed with cold water, dried, removed from the film surface. Then the meat is marinated, rubbed with spices, sour cream. Sometimes add vegetables, prunes, nuts.
How can you cook a rabbit with sour cream in the oven:
• just put out or fry in the form;
• bake in foil;
• cook in a pot;
• fry in the sleeve.
Recipes indicate the approximate cooking time. In fact, it depends on the age of the animal. A young rabbit can cook in 30 minutes, and old meat and two hours will be enough.
Recipe 1: Braised rabbit in sour cream in the oven
To cook a braised rabbit in a sour cream in the oven will require a deep frying pan, you can use the meat plate. To fill will need any broth, but you can just take water or dissolve the cube.
• 1.5 kg of rabbit;
• 400 grams of broth or water;
• 2 onions;
• 350 grams of sour cream;
• 3-4 tablespoons of flour;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 50 grams of butter, it is better to use cream;
• 0.5 lemon;
1. Wash the carcass, remove the film and cut into pieces of arbitrary size. 2. Sprinkle meat with spices, squeeze the juice from half a lemon and mix. Leave to pickle.
3. Onion cut into half rings and lightly fry in butter until transparent.
4. Marinated rabbit rolls down in flour and fry in a pan with butter. You do not need to cook for a long time, we make a big fire and fry from both sides until golden brown.
5. Fold in the form of fried onions, then the pieces of meat.
6. Stir sour cream with broth, salt, pepper and prepare to cook in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. The exact time depends on the age of the meat and the size of the pieces. Temperatures above 180 degrees do not increase.
Recipe 2: Rabbit in sour cream in the oven with summer vegetables
For the preparation of such a rabbit with sour cream in the oven will require summer vegetables: zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and new potatoes, it is better to take small tubers to use whole.
• 1 kg of rabbit;
• 700 grams of potatoes;
• 1 zucchini;
• 2 eggplants;
• 4 tomatoes;
• 2 bulbs;
• some flour;
• 50 grams of vinegar or grape vinegar;
• 500 grams of sour cream.
1. Cut the washed and dried rabbit into pieces, sprinkle with spices and add fruit vinegar. Mix and leave for half an hour. If possible, you can marinate the meat in advance and hold in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
2. Clean all vegetables. If the zucchini is young, then you can not touch the skin and the seeds and just cut the fruit into circles. Eggplant cut the same.
3. Roll up eggplant and tomato mugs in flour and stack them mixed together on the bottom of a greased form.
4. Next, put the rabbit pieces and potatoes. Between them we stick quarters of tomatoes. Tomatoes do not need to be reduced.
5. Salt the sour cream, pepper and thicken the vegetables with meat. The remains are simply poured from above.
6. Cover the mold with foil and cook the oven for about 50 minutes. Then remove and fry the top layer until golden brown.
Recipe 3: Rabbit in sour cream in the oven with mushrooms
Protein rabbit dish in sour cream in the oven. Great idea for a wholesome dinner. Sour cream we take any fat content, mushrooms use fresh or frozen.
• 2 kg of rabbit;
• 400 grams of sour cream;
• 700 grams of champignons;
• 3-4 bulbs;
• some oil.
You will also need a form with high sides and a piece of foil.
1. We cut the rabbit into pieces, we spice it up with spices and leave it for a while.
2. Cut the onion and mushrooms into slices, not finely. If the mushrooms themselves are small, you can simply cut into 2 parts.
3. In a frying pan, pour 2 spoons of butter and fry the mushrooms with onion. We make fire big so that the juice does not stand out. Fry 3 minutes and enough.
4. Spread the mixed mushrooms and rabbit.
5. Salt the sour cream, add 150 grams of water, you can add pepper, dried dill, ground paprika or garlic clove. Fill well shaken.
6. Fill the contents of the form with sour cream, cover with the top with foil and send to the oven for 25 minutes. Then we remove the foil and prepare the rabbit for another 20-30 minutes, focusing on the softness of the meat.
Recipe 4: Rabbit in sour cream in the oven with potatoes
Another option for a vegetable dish made of rabbit in sour cream in the oven. At this time, the recipe is adapted for any time of the year, as it mainly consists of meat with potatoes, as well as vegetables that are in the house, regardless of the season.
• 1 rabbit;
• 8 potatoes;
• 7 tablespoons sour cream;
• 2 carrots;
• 1 onion;
• 1 spoon of dry adjika;
• 200 grams of water;
1. We clean the potatoes, cut them into 3-4 mm circles and put them on the bottom of the mold. Sprinkle with salt lightly, tap with pepper.
2. Next, we place carrots, also peeled, but cut into thinner slices.
3. On the carrot put chopped onion half rings.
4. Chop the rabbit into pieces, sprinkle with salt and place on top of the vegetable layer. 5. Sour cream, beat with a fork with adjika, gradually add water.
6. Sprinkle the dish with the resulting sauce and put it in the oven. To prepare such a rabbit will be about an hour.
Recipe 5: Rabbit in sour cream in the oven with cheese
To prepare the dish will need any hard cheese. Marinating the rabbit will be in white wine, but if you want you can use red or pink, this will not result in worse.
• 1 rabbit carcass about 1.5 kg;
• 2 bulbs;
• 200 grams of sour cream;
• 200 grams of cheese;
• 2 spoons of soy sauce;
• 150 grams of white wine;
1. Cut the rabbit into pieces, pour it with wine, salt it, put it in an airtight container and leave it for 2 hours. If possible, marinate longer. But in this case it is better to put the meat in the fridge.
2. Peel the onions, cut them into rings and put them on the bottom of the form.
3. Put the rabbit pieces on top.
4. Combine the remains of wine with meat juices with sour cream, add soy sauce and pour it on the rabbit.
5. Put the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. We take out the rabbit that has already started to fry, sprinkle with grated grated cheese, send to prepare for another 20 minutes. Serve this meat with fresh vegetables or a side dish of boiled rice.
Recipe 6: Rabbit in sour cream with garlic in the oven
A very fragrant rabbit recipe. The dish turns out moderately spicy, tender, juicy. We will bake just meat, but if you wish, you can put any vegetables under it: potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, zucchini.
• 1 rabbit carcass;
• 400 grams of sour cream;
• 1 spoon of spicy mustard;
• 1 head of garlic;
• 0.5 spoons of paprika;
• 1 lemon.
1. Cut into pieces of rabbit, sprinkle with paprika, salt, squeeze out lemon juice and mix. Hand tamper and leave to marinate for an hour.
2. Add mustard, chopped head of garlic in sour cream and mix well. 3. Add sour cream sauce to the marinated pieces of meat, mix it with our hands and put everything into the form, greased with a piece of butter.
4. Put the dish to be baked at 180 degrees until fully cooked. Periodically, you need to get the form and pour the pieces of sauce with the released juice.
Recipe 7: Beautiful rabbit with sour cream in the oven in the sleeve entirely
For roasting, you will need a rabbit carcass, weighing about 1.5 kilograms. As well as a package for roasting, which will help preserve the juiciness and tenderness of the rabbit in sour cream.
• salt pepper;
• 5 tablespoons of fat sour cream;
• 1 spoon of mustard;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 1 onion.
1. Rinse the carcass outside and inside, wipe dry with napkins.
2. Mix sour cream with mustard, salt, pepper.
3. Rub the rabbit fragrant mixture on all sides and inside.
4. Clean the onion, cut it into rings. Lemon circles. And all this is laid in the costal part of the carcass.
5. Put the rabbit in the sleeve. If there is sour cream mixture, then lubricate again or simply lay out on top.
6. We tie the sleeve on both sides; we make 2 punctures from above with a needle.
7. Sent in the oven to bake for an hour. Then cut the film, bend it to the sides and lightly fry the carcass. You can sprinkle with grated cheese a little bit to make an appetizing crust.
Recipe 8: Rabbit with sour cream in a pot
For the preparation of such a rabbit will need pots with lids. But if there is nothing to cover the dishes, then we simply close the neck with any dough.
• 300 grams of sour cream;
• 1 kg of rabbit;
• 200 grams of broth;
• 2 bulbs;
• 150 grams of cheese;
• 0.5 tablespoons of dried dill;
• 5-6 peppercorns.
1. At the bottom of the pots throw peas.
2. Peel the onion, chop the ringlets.
3. Cut the rabbit into pieces and put in pots, alternating with onion slices.
4. Mix sour cream with broth, put grated cheese, salt, dill. 5. Pour the sauce into pots, approximately 2/3 of the height.
6. We cover and send for an hour in the oven. Cook at 180 degrees, then turn it off and, without opening the door, let the pots stand for another half hour.
Rabbit in sour cream in the oven - tips and tricks
• The rabbit stewed in sour cream will taste better if you pre-fry the pieces in a frying pan until golden brown. And so that it appears faster, the meat can be dipped in flour, and it is better to fry in butter. The fire is set to the highest, so that the meat does not have time to put the juice.
• Marinating - a pledge of juicy and tender rabbit meat. You can use just sour cream with spices, wine, water solution, vegetables, onion, soy sauce, lemon. In general, all that is in the house. And to make lean meat fatter, slices smeared with vegetable or butter.
• If you add sweet paprika powder to sour cream, then the baked rabbit will get a beautiful and appetizing color. Also, a tasty and beautiful crust is given by cheese, which can be simply grated and added to sour cream.
• It is believed that the front part of the rabbit with its back and legs is more suitable for stewing and boiling. And for baking and frying it is better to use the back of the carcass, as it turns out softer and juicier.
• Soy sauce is a great ingredient for softening meat fibers. It can be used for marinating in pure form or diluted with sour cream, spices, lemon juice.