Goulash is a Hungarian dish cooked by shepherds in a large cauldron on a campfire.
They first fried the meat, and then quenched it with vegetables.
It turned out quite spicy and rich soup or meat stew.
Today, the fire and cauldron replaced the slow cooker, but the method of preparation remained the same.
Pork goulash in a slow cooker - the basic principles of cooking
Goulash not only caught on with us, but also became a favorite dish. Traditional goulash is made from beef, but pork is very popular here, so this meat is often used for goulash.
The slow cooker makes life easier for modern housewives. In her meat is cooked much faster, and the result is always excellent. Pork in a slow cooker is better impregnated with spices, and the meat is soft and juicy.
For the preparation of classic goulash using the simplest ingredients: meat, onions, carrots and potatoes. Today, there are many different recipes for goulash in a multicooker, it all depends on the products that are used for cooking.
Pork is washed, dried with napkins and cut into pieces. First, fry the onions with carrots. Then add the sliced pork, and continue to fry in a slow cooker until golden brown. Season everything with spices, sprinkle with flour and mix so that no lumps remain.
Then pour all the broth, sauce or purified water. Stew meat for an hour. To make the soup, add more liquid.
Recipe 1. Pork goulash with sauce in a slow cooker
- fresh pork pulp - half a kilogram;
- two onions;
- table salt;
- fat sour cream - 100 ml;
- black pepper;
- tomato paste - 80 ml;
- olive oil - 100 ml;
- flour - 50 g.
1. Wash the pork pulp, dip it in napkins and cut into medium-sized pieces.
2. Pour oil in a saucepan of the multicooker, slightly heat it up by turning on the “Baking” program for about ten minutes. Put the pork in a saucepan and fry, closing the lid. Stir periodically.
3. Peel the onions, finely chop them and add to the pork. Stir and fry for another ten minutes. Salt, pepper and add flour. Intensely mix.
4. In a deep bowl, mix the tomato and sour cream. Salt, pepper and lightly whisk.
5. Add sour cream-tomato sauce to the meat, mix and cover with water so that it completely covers the meat.
6. Turn on the Quenching program for one and a half hours. Serve ready goulash with noodles or boiled potatoes.
Recipe 2. Pork goulash with ketchup
- purified water - 150 ml;
- pork tenderloin - half a kilogram;
- sunflower oil - 50 ml;
- one carrot;
- ketchup - 50 ml;
- large tomato;
- bay leaf;
- pickled cucumber;
- sweet pepper;
- freshly ground pepper;
- flour - 80 g.
1. Free the onion head from the husk and finely chop it. Rinse the tomato, rub and cut into small cubes. Chop pickled cucumber in the same way as tomato.
2. Wash the pork, dip it in napkins and cut into large bars. Free the pod of sweet pepper from the stem and seeds. Slice peppers into strips. Peel the carrots and cut them into strips.
3. Turn on the slow cooker to Baking mode for 20 minutes. Pour the oil into the bowl and place the onion. Close the lid and fry it for three minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes, pepper and cucumber. Stir and continue frying for another two minutes. Now add the carrot, pour in the ketchup and mix. After a few minutes, lay the sliced pork. 4. Season everything with spices, transfer the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode and continue cooking for another hour.
5. Dilute flour in a small amount of water, whisk slightly, and enter this mixture five minutes before the end of the program. Stir. Serve goulash with a side dish or as a separate dish.
Recipe 3. Pork goulash in a multicooker in Italian
- 800 g pork tenderloin;
- 25 ml of table vinegar;
- 250 ml of broth;
- 40 g butter;
- four onions;
- three cloves of garlic;
- 200 g tomatoes in their own juice;
- 10 g ground paprika;
- two bay leaves;
- 3 g cumin.
1. Wash pork tenderloin, dry them with napkins and cut them into small cubes. Peel the onion from the husk and cut into half rings. Put a piece of butter in the bowl and turn on the “Frying” mode
2. Put the chopped onion in the bowl and fry it until it gets a yellowish tint. Then pour in the vinegar, and fry, stirring with a spatula, until the vinegar is evaporated.
3. At this stage, add cumin and paprika, pepper and mix well.
4. Now lay the pork in the bowl, put Lavrushka and squeeze garlic. Knead with a fork tomatoes in their own juice and add them to the bowl. Dish salt, mix and activate the mode “Quenching”.
5. Fill all with broth and cook goulash in this mode for two and a half hours. From time to time we check the level of the liquid, if necessary add to the stock
Recipe 4. Pork goulash with vegetables in a slow cooker
- pork neck - 800 g;
- fresh greens;
- Bulgarian pepper - two pods;
- drinking water - 50 ml;
- three tomatoes;
- olive oil - 75 ml;
- two onions;
- ketchup - 80 ml;
- flour - 40 g;
- fat sour cream - half a cup.
1. Wash the pork under the tap, dip it in a napkin and cut into medium pieces. Chopped onion chop half rings. The rest of the vegetables chop medium-sized slices.
2. Pour olive oil into the bowl, put the meat in it and turn on the Frying program. Fry pork, stirring and not closing the lid, for about seven minutes. Then season with pepper and salt.
3. As soon as the meat is reddened, add the onion and bell pepper. Mix.
4. Triturate all the flour, mix thoroughly, so that not a single lump remains. Add chopped tomatoes.
5. Combine sour cream with ketchup, lightly beat and pour the meat with this mixture. Stir and pour the water. Transfer the slow cooker to the “Fire” mode for an hour and a half. Transfer the goulash to a deep dish, decorate with greens and serve.
Recipe 5. Delicate pork goulash in a slow cooker with steamed potatoes
- large carrot;
- bay leaf;
- 400 g pork tenderloin;
- 150 g tomatoes;
- spices for meat;
- large onion;
- 25 grams of corn starch;
1. Vegetables clean and wash. Pork washed, obsushivaem and cut with oblong pieces. Finely chop the onion, finely carrots, we cut the potato tubers in half. Put the potatoes in a pot for steaming cuts down.
2. Cut the tomatoes as small as possible. We shift them to a deep plate, add starch to them, salt and season with spices. All thoroughly mixed, and then slightly whisk whisk, so that the sauce turned out to have a uniform consistency.
3. Put the sliced pork, onion and carrot into the multicooker container. Pour all the sauce and mix. Put a bay leaf. In the bowl set the container with potatoes and activate the mode "Quenching" for an hour. 4. After the allotted time, take out the container with the potatoes, put it on a dish. Spread pork goulash on top and sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
Recipe 6. Pork goulash with beer in a slow cooker
- kg of pork tenderloin;
- three sweet peppers;
- three onions;
- freshly ground pepper;
- four cloves of garlic;
- ground paprika;
- 80 ml of tomato paste;
- liter of dark beer.
1. Bulbs to clear from the husk and chop quite large rings.
2. Pour sunflower oil into the multicooker bowl and activate the “Frying” mode. Pour the onion into the bowl, sprinkle it with cumin and fry, stirring intensely, for ten minutes.
3. Remove from the pods of sweet pepper tails with seeds, rinse, dry and crumble with thick straws. Add pepper to onion and sauté for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Now add tomato paste and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
5. Dry the washed pork and cut into large pieces. Add meat to vegetables. Squeeze garlic through a press here. Salt and season with freshly ground pepper and paprika.
6. Pour in the dark beer. Transfer the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode and cook goulash for one and a half to two hours. Serve goulash with a side dish of vegetables or pasta.
Recipe 7. Goulash from pork, apples and pumpkin in a slow cooker
- half a kilogram of pork tenderloin;
- half a liter of drinking water;
- freshly ground pepper;
- half a kilo of pumpkin;
- four potatoes;
- 50 ml of cream;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- A piece of butter.
Preparation Method 1. Peel and chop the bulb with thick half rings. Cut pork into large pieces.
2. Put a piece of butter in the bowl of the multicooker and add the vegetable. Turn on the Frying program and wait for the butter to melt. Put onion and sauté it for about three minutes until soft. Add pork and fry all together for another ten minutes.
3. Pour the flour and mix. Peel the apple and seeds. Finely crumble. Peeled potatoes and pumpkin cut into cubes. Add apple and vegetables to the slow cooker.
4. Cream dilute with boiling water and pour the mixture of meat and vegetables. Salt, season with spices. Transfer the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode and cook goulash for two hours. Sprinkle the prepared dish with chopped parsley, close the lid and leave the dish to infuse for half an hour.
Pork goulash in a slow cooker - tips and tricks
- In the process of cooking pork goulash in a slow cooker, you can garnish steamed vegetables. It is enough to install a container with vegetables on top of a bowl with goulash.
- Pork for goulash take without fat, a thin layer of fat is allowed.
- By pouring broth or another liquid, you can adjust the consistency of goulash to get meat with gravy or soup.
- To keep the meat juicy, tan it in flour and fry over high heat until golden brown.