If you think that only meat and fish are cooked in batter, you are deeply mistaken. The key is universal, and the filling can be absolutely any, at your discretion. An interesting idea for the original dessert will be apples in batter: fragrant, tasty, tender with a crispy juicy middle.
Apples in batter - the general principles of cooking
Apples in batter - an exquisite, simple and quick to prepare delicacy. This dessert will be an excellent alternative to fruit pancakes, pies, donuts. Especially it will appeal to those who do not particularly like to mess with the dough, but they are not averse to eat not just delicious, but healthy pastries.
But in order to make apples in batter succeed to glory, it is important to observe some tricks when cooking them:
• Choose non-sour apple varieties. Fruits should be strong and juicy.
• It is also important to approach responsibly the preparation of the batter. Regardless of what the main ingredient will be part of the dough: kefir, sour cream, milk, mineral water, beer, batter should get a uniform, viscous, viscous.
• It is easy to check the correct consistency of batter: dip a spoon in the dough and, if you pull it out, you do not see the gap, the batter covers the surface of the spoon evenly, then it is correct.
• Be sure to ensure that the butter, on which the apples will be fried in batter, is sufficiently heated. The dough should immediately grab and crust.
• To get the batter turned out to be airy and fluffy, it is better to beat the whites separately from the other ingredients, and add them to the dough only at the very end of the batter preparation.
• A batter is made from products of the same temperature, mostly cold ingredients.
The principle of cooking delicacies is simple. Apples are prepared: cleaned, cut into the desired shape. Separately prepare the batter. Pieces of apples are dipped into the dough, and then they are fried in the hot oil on both sides. Serve the dessert in the cooled form, sprinkled with powdered sugar, cinnamon and any other powders.
1. Apples in batter: recipe for kefir
• two large apples;
• 3 tbsp. l sugar sand;
• 2 tbsp. l kefir;
• 1 tbsp. l flour;
• vegetable oil;
• powdered sugar.
1. Rinse and peel the apples thoroughly.
2. Cut the fruits into small rings about 5-7 mm thick.
3. Carefully cut the seed core.
4. Pound eggs with sugar in a small bowl.
5. Pour kefir into the egg mass, mix.
6. Pour the flour, stir so that the dough is uniform, without lumps.
7. Pour in the heated pan, vegetable oil, warm.
8. Dip each apple ring into a batter, put it in a hot oil in a frying pan.
9. Fry the apples in batter on both sides to a golden blush.
10. Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.
2. Apples in batter: recipe for milk
• one sweet big apple;
• 3 tbsp. l flour;
• 50 ml of milk;
• 2-3 Art. l Sahara;
• oil for roasting;
• two pinches of cinnamon.
1. In a dry deep container, mix the egg with sugar and cinnamon.
2. Pour in warm milk, add flour, beat the dough batter, soft in texture.
3. Cut the apple and peeled apple cut into rings or half rings.
4. Dip each ring in batter, put it on the oil heated in a pan.
5. Fry the apples in batter on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on one side, then turn over and fry the same amount on the other.
6. Transfer to a paper towel.
7. As soon as excess oil is drained, put it on a plate.
8. If you want, you can decorate the apples in batter with powdered sugar, grated chocolate.
3. Apples in batter with honey and cinnamon: a recipe on sour cream
• five medium sized apples;
• 3-5 Art. l sugar (depending on the sweetness of apples);
• 2 yolks;
• 6 Art. l flour;
• 4 tbsp. l sour cream;
• 6 Art. l milk;
• 2 tbsp. l honey;
• cinnamon; • butter.
1. Mix the yolks with sour cream and milk.
2. Sprinkle sugar, whip.
3. Add liquid honey and cinnamon to taste, flour, whisk again.
4. Adjust the consistency of batter by adding flour or milk. The mass should be not too liquid, but not thick, volatile.
5. Peel the apples, cut into large, not thick slices.
6. Fry the apples on both sides to a light golden blush.
7. Serve in cool.
4. Chocolate-coated apples: a recipe for beer
• three apples;
• 150 ml of beer;
• 100 grams of flour;
• 3 tbsp. l powdered sugar;
• a pinch of salt;
• chocolate glaze.
1. Sift flour into a bowl of suitable size, add egg yolk, pour in beer. Mix thoroughly.
2. In egg white, sprinkle a pinch of salt, whisk until frothy.
3. Mix the yolk mixture with the protein mass.
4. Wash and dry apples. After removing the core, cut the rings into rings.
5. Dip the apples well into the prepared batter.
6. Carefully place the fruit in the oil heated in a frying pan, fry on both sides until sweet.
7. Put the finished apples on a paper napkin to remove excess oil, then place them in the serving plate.
8. Fill the dessert with chocolate icing.
5. Caramelized apples in custard batter
• large sweet apple;
• 160 grams of sugar;
• 80 ml of water;
• 20 grams of butter;
• 40 grams of flour;
• teaspoon sesame seeds;
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
1. Pour water into a small saucepan, put the butter. Bring mass to a boil.
2. Remove the pan from the stove, add the flour to the hot creamy mixture in small portions, while stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
3. Remove the resulting choux dough to cool to room temperature.
4. Add the egg, mix thoroughly.
5. Peel the apple and cut it into cubes of about 1-1.5 cm. 6. Put the pieces in a saucepan with choux pastry, mix.
7. Use a tablespoon to scoop the apple mass together with the batter, put it on the oiled baking sheet.
8. Cook the apples in choux at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Take out the baking sheet, let the apples in batter cool down completely.
10. While the fruit is getting cold, pour in vegetable oil in a stew-pan, add sugar, stir.
11. Boil sugar until dark golden color.
12. Add sesame to syrup, mix, remove from heat.
13. Pour ice water into a large bowl.
14. Transfer a few pieces of the cooled apples in batter into the finished hot caramel, mix.
15. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and immediately lower it into ice-cold water, then put it on a plate covered with a paper towel.
16. With the rest of the apple pieces, do the same procedure.
17. Serve a fragrant dessert, sprinkled with powdered sugar or just like that.
6. “Drunk apples” in batter
• four apples;
• 3 tbsp. l cognac;
• 3 tbsp. l Sahara;
• 200 grams of ghee;
• powdered sugar, cinnamon;
• half a cup of flour;
• a couple of tablespoons of olive oil;
• 100 ml of beer;
• 100 ml of water;
• two egg whites.
1. Cut and peel the apples and peel them into slices.
2. Mix cognac with sugar in a bowl, pour apple rings with this mixture for 20 minutes.
3. While the apples “get drunk” make the batter: mix the water with beer and olive oil, add two whipped proteins and sifted flour to the mixture.
4. Stir the batter thoroughly or whisk in a blender.
5. Dip the apple slices in batter, fry until golden brown in deep fat.
6. Feeding the apples on the table, do not forget to sprinkle them with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
7. Apples in lush batter with lemon zest
• two apples;
• two eggs;
• 6 Art. l flour;
• half a teaspoon of baking powder;
• 100 ml of milk;
• a teaspoon of grated lemon zest;
• two pinches of vanilla sugar;
• 150 grams of granulated sugar.
Preparation: 1. Beat eggs with sugar and zest with a mixer. You can experiment and use orange or grapefruit instead of lemon zest, it is also permissible to put a citrus mix in the dough.
2. Pour in milk, mix.
3. Add flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder, whisk. Career should get thinner than pancakes.
4. Thoroughly washed and peeled apples cut into small slices.
5. Dip each piece in batter, fry in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side.
Apples in batter - tricks and tips
• If you want the dough to be soft, cover the pan with a lid, crunchy - respectively, fry without a lid.
• Do not put the apples in batter in the pan close to each other so that they do not stick together. This may worsen the appearance of the dessert, and the temperature of the oil due to the large number of apples may drop sharply and the batter will remain unbaked.
• Apples need to be cut immediately before cooking delicacies, otherwise the fruit will darken.
• In order for apples to be especially tasty, after roasting them you should definitely put them on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
• The dish, of course, though flour, but has a small calorie, so even slimming can afford a few apples in batter for breakfast, without fear of the consequences. Using proteins only and not roasting, but baking in the oven will help make the treat easier.
• An interesting combination of apples in batter with honey, mixed with powdered cinnamon, liquid chocolate, boiled sugar syrup.
• For all the above recipes you can cook not only apples in batter, but also pears, bananas, peaches and other fruits.