Grilled squid can serve as a separate dish or used for further preparation of snacks, salads.
The dish is done very quickly, just a few minutes is enough for the carcass to brown, reach the desired state and please the taste.
Squids on the grill - the general principles of cooking
Squid is always cleaned from the top film. To do this, immersion in boiling water is commonly used. But here this method will not work, you can only use lukewarm water, you cannot scald the carcass. This will prevent the penetration of the marinade, sauces, spices. To remove the skin will have to stock up on a knife and patience. You also need to remember about the chitinous plate - the cartilage in the carcass, which also requires removal.
The aroma of squid is light, marine and very easy to lose. When freezing, it disappears. That is why the carcass needs to be filled with flavors, pickled. The same technique will help make seafood juicier, will not allow to dry on the grill, to turn out rubber and hard.
With what prepare marinades for squid:
• various spices, sauces;
• herbs, roots.
Carcasses can be soaked for several hours or even for a day, it all depends on the availability of free time. If squid needs to be cooked urgently. That is kept at least an hour warm. Next, remove, shake off the excess marinade, sent to a well-heated grill. It can be electric, be a brazier or a special griddle. It is necessary to cook carcasses for 2 minutes on each side, no more. If you overdo it, then the squid meat will become dry, tough, it will be difficult to chew.
Grilled squid in a simple marinade
For cooking such squid on the grill, you will need a simple marinade of spices and water. If there is no apple cider vinegar, you can take a wine or table product of low concentration.
• 1 kg of squid;
• 1 bunch of greens;
• 0.5 lemon; • 3 tbsp. l sugar sand;
• 2 laurels;
• 3 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar;
• 2 tbsp. l sea salt;
• 5 peppercorns.
1. Boil water with salt, sugar, remove from heat. Add laurel and peppercorns to the hot marinade and add vinegar. Stir, cool for ten minutes. The heat from the marinade should go.
2. Immerse the cleaned squid carcasses in the solution. Cover Leave to pickle until the marinade is completely cooled, but it can last longer.
3. Prepare the grill.
4. Remove the squid from the marinade immediately before frying so that the carcasses are not dried. Wring out excess water.
5. We spread the squid on the grill, which must be heated to the highest temperature. Either we wait until the embers glow well.
6. Cook a pair of mine on each side, then immediately shift to the plate.
7. We lay out the twigs of greenery, on top we have thin circles of sliced lemon.
Grilled Squids with Garlic and Thyme
The recipe for rich, flavorful grilled squid, which are prepared with thyme sprigs. It is important that the green was fresh. This dish is well cooked on a grill pan.
• 1 kg of squid;
• 10 thyme branches;
• a pair of garlic cloves;
• 50 ml of olive oil;
• 0.5 lemon;
• salt pepper.
1. Prepare squid: clean, wash, remove the cartilage.
2. Peel the garlic cloves. You can crush, chop or grate. Put in a bowl.
3. Add a couple of pinch of salt to the garlic, pepper, squeeze out lemon juice and grind this mixture well, so that the spices dissolve, give off the flavor.
4. Add vegetable oil. Better to use olive. But if there is no such oil, you can take a sunflower.
5. Stir all the ingredients of the marinade, rub the previously prepared carcass inside and out.
6. Wash the branches of thyme, shake off all the droplets from them, put on the board and cut into several pieces.
7. Put half of the greenery on the bottom of the bowl, squids on it, sprinkle with the remaining thyme on top. Hold for at least 30 minutes.
8. Remove the squid from the bowl, shift to the griddle or any other grill, bake until golden brown.
Grilled Squids with Teriyaki Sauce
If there is Teriyaki sauce, then nothing more is needed to grilled squid. This beautiful product is combined with it, improves the taste, emphasizes the aroma.
• 4 squid;
• salt pepper;
• 1 spoon of butter;
• lettuce leaves, olives.
1. Grate the previously cleaned squid carcass with a mixture of salt and pepper. But you can take some kind of seasoning for fish. Put aside for half an hour.
2. Sprinkle the carcass with vegetable oil, just a little.
3. Transfer to a heated grill, cook for two minutes on each side.
4. We lay lettuce leaves on a dish, transfer squid from the grill.
5. We shift the sauce teriyaki in a bag, make a small hole, squeeze on the squid, draw stripes or mesh.
6. Decorate with sauce all squid, additionally serve the dish with olives.
Grilled squids in spicy marinade
The recipe for a delicious marinade, which is suitable not only for squid, but also for any other seafood, fish. Moreover, the marinade can immediately serve as a sauce for the dish. You can make it more and serve in a separate dish.
• 5 squids;
• 2 bell peppers;
• 1 chilli pod;
• 0.5 bunches of parsley;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 60 ml of soy sauce;
• 0.5 tsp. ginger;
• Lemon or vinegar.
1. Pepper pods free from all unnecessary, cut into pieces, put into the bowl of a blender or in a bowl in which you can immerse the device.
2. We clear garlic cloves, we send them after the pepper.
3. Now add the washed, dried parsley together with the twigs, nothing needs to be cut off.
4. Add some ginger to the same place, pour soy sauce.
5. Beat all this with a blender for a couple of minutes to make the marinade homogeneous.
6. At the very end you need to add juice from half a lemon. But you can pour a little apple or table vinegar. Stir.
7. We wash squids, we clean and we rub from all directions with the prepared sauce.
8. Put the carcasses on each other, cover and leave for an hour. 9. We transfer products to the grill, bring to readiness.
10. Serve the dish with the same sauce or supplement with vegetables. Teriyaki goes well with this dish.
Grilled squid salad with cherry tomatoes
The recipe is very tasty and quick in preparation of grilled squid salad. In addition to cherry tomatoes, it will also need arugula.
• 4 squid;
• 50 grams of fresh arugula;
• 200 grams of cherry;
• 5 tablespoons olive oil;
• 1 clove garlic;
• 2 tbsp. l pumpkin peeled seeds;
• 2 tbsp. l lemon juice;
• 1 chili;
• 10 olives;
• 1 pinch of lemon zest.
1. Grate squid with salt and pepper, brush with oil, put carcasses on any grill, bring to readiness. Take off.
2. Combine lemon juice, chopped chili peppers, peeled garlic clove, zest and chop in a blender. Add olive oil to the sauce, salt and mix.
3. Rinse, dry the greens, tear the arugula with your hands, put it in a salad bowl.
4. Squids cut into straws, but not finely. Mix with rocket.
5. Add half the sauce, mix, put on a dish.
6. Cherry and olives cut in half. Put on top of the salad.
7. Sprinkle it all with the second part of the sauce, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Immediately serve, do not store this salad.
Grilled squid with cheese
A very simple way to cook an unusual dish. Cheese for him you can take absolutely any cheese.
• 4 squid;
• 50 grams of cheese;
• 1 tsp. sesame;
• 1 clove garlic;
• 1 tablespoon butter, salt.
1. Grate the peeled carcass first with salt, then with olive oil. Put aside.
2. Grind big cheese, add garlic, mix and pour sesame. Similarly, you can use other seeds or crushed nuts. Pepper to taste.
3. Divide the filling into 4 squid, fill each carcass, flatten, pinch the tip with a toothpick.
4. Put on the grill, bake on each side for a couple of minutes, remove to the dish.
Squids grilled with bacon and gouda
Another option for grilled squids, cheese is better to use gouda. Ingredients
• 3 squid;
• 3 strips of bacon;
• 3 slices of Gouda;
• 2 sprigs of parsley;
• spices for fish or seafood, oil.
1. Grate the carcasses with any spices to your taste and be sure to oil. Postpone.
2. Where it is possible to rub with large chips or simply cut into small cubes.
3. Bacon, too, cut, crumble greens or throw a couple of pinches of dried Provencal herbs.
4. Combine the ingredients of the filling. Optionally, you can add a little sour cream or cream.
5. Fill the prepared carcasses, pinch loose edges with toothpicks.
6. Gently transfer to the preheated grill, fry until lightly crusted on both sides.
7. When serving stuffed carcasses pour lemon juice, you can sprinkle with soy sauce.
Squids on the grill - tips and tricks
• If frozen squids are used, do not use a microwave or a warm room to defrost. It is better to leave the product in the refrigerator. Thawing will take more time, but the carcass will remain juicy, preserved vitamins.
• Some other product can be put inside the carcass, but there is no need for too much stuffing and it should be ready to eat.
• Squid will not fry until an appetizing crust, if the carcass is wet, there is a lot of water on it. It is necessary to remove all visible droplets with napkins.
• It is not necessary to use tomatoes or any other tomato sauces for pickling squid, with them seafood turns tough. It is better to use baked or fresh tomatoes additionally when serving.