Daily cabbage soup is an old Russian dish, which differs from the soup of the same name not only in technology, but also in taste. Initially, the recipe was designed for clay pots and cooking in the oven.
But everything is changing, it is difficult to find the main attributes now, but this is not a reason to refuse tasty and nutritious soup.
Daily cabbage soup - general principles of cooking
Day is exactly the time it takes to insist cooked soup. Immediately this dish is not consumed. The real taste is revealed after freezing and thawing. Although, if you can not resist the magical scent, why not? The main ingredient of the dish is sauerkraut. It must of course be sour, with a bright taste and an aroma peculiar to the product.
What else is added to the dish:
• different vegetables;
• meat, poultry;
• spices, greens.
The exact ingredients depend on the recipe. But the amount can be changed at your discretion. Traditional daily cabbage soup is prepared in part by the stove, then they are roasted in the oven. Used pottery. Small pots do not fit, it is important to cook in large quantities. You can take a cast-iron cauldron or a saucepan with a lid, too, everything will turn out. But more often the dish is cooked just on the stove. It’s better to fill the ready-made soup with greens and garlic before serving. You should not add a lot of spices to the dish, since it in itself turns out to be very bright, the aroma and taste are amazing!
Daily cabbage soup with sauerkraut
The recipe for the most simple daily soup with cabbage and beef. It is better to use brisket or meat with small bones so that the pieces do not turn out very large.
• 800 g of beef;
• 2 bulbs;
• 800 g sauerkraut;
• a spoonful of rye flour;
• one celery root;
• 20 g butter or fat;
• hot pepper, greens;
• 1 turnip.
1. Cut the washed beef and one onion, put it in the pot. 2. Cut the second onion. Fry in butter, add sauerkraut and fry together for about ten minutes so that the taste of the soup is brighter. Pour in some boiling water, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the carrot and celery root, also shift to the pot.
4. Peel a turnip, but you can also without it, grate or cut it into strips, send it to a common dish.
5. Add hot pepper, pour a glass of water, cover the pot and put it in the oven. Cook for 2 hours at 160 degrees.
6. Remove the pot, add the cabbage from the pan, stir, pour in a small amount of water, achieving the desired thickness. Do not forget to add a spoonful of flour. Re-put in the oven. Cook the dish for another hour.
7. Ready soup or just insist in a cold place, or freeze and allow to thaw. Before serving, warm up, fill with greens.
Daily cabbage soup with dry mushrooms
The lean version of daily soup, which are cooked in mushroom broth. Ideally, this is a dry white mushrooms, but you can take any other.
• 40 g dry mushrooms;
• 3 potatoes;
• 0.4 kg sauerkraut;
• onion and carrot;
• some oil;
• greens, spices.
1. Soak the mushrooms for 3 hours in cold water, then rinse thoroughly, put to boil on the stove. Boil for 20-25 minutes, drain the broth, but do not throw it away. Glass will need for broth.
2. Cut the potatoes, put in a greased pot, put in the oven, bake for 20-25 minutes without a lid.
3. Peel the onions and carrots, fry in a skillet, add the cabbage and stew until soft.
4. Take out the pot with cabbage, lay the boiled mushrooms, vegetables from the pan, add any spices.
5. Pour in a glass of mushroom broth, add the required amount of water. Pure decoction is better not to use.
6. We cover the pot or cover it with dough, send it back to the oven.
7. Preparing daily soup for another hour, at the end we throw laurel under the lid, you can add dry greens. Give meals to brew day. The pot all this time is better not to open.
Daily cabbage soup with pork and tomato
Another recipe for delicious daily soup, which is prepared with pork. Ideally, ribs are used. Instead of ready-made pasta, you can use tomatoes.
• 600 g of sauerkraut;
• 500 g pork ribs;
• 2 onions;
• 1 large carrot;
• 2 spoons of tomato paste;
1. Lubricate the pan with oil, heat it up to smoke and throw pieces of pork. Fry on high heat excess fat and fry until golden brown. We shift in a pot or in a cauldron.
2. Fry sauerkraut on melted lard.
3. Onions and carrots simply peel, cut into strips, pour to the pork.
4. Add a tomato to the roasted cabbage, stir it, warm it up for a few minutes for the brightness of the color.
5. Shift cabbage to meat.
6. Now add water so that it covers the products for 2 cm. If the cabbage is not very salty, you can salt it. If in doubt, it is better to do it at the very end.
7. Close the pot, send in a cold oven.
8. Expose 150 degrees, keep daily cabbage soup in the oven for about 4 hours.
9. At the end, you can carefully remove the dish, stir and try. Add spices if necessary.
10. Close, re-set in the oven, but turn off. We leave in the oven until it cools completely, then you can insist for 24 hours, but the fresh soup is very tasty, saturated.
Daily cabbage soup with beans on a plate
This recipe soup for those who do not have the opportunity to use the oven. You need to prepare the dish in a cauldron, but a thick-walled pot will fit.
• 500 g sauerkraut;
• 400 g of any meat;
• 150 g boiled beans;
• 100 g onions;
• greens, oil;
• a little carrot;
• parsley root.
1. On the eve of pouring over the cold beans with cold water. Let the beans swell well. Then they need to rinse, boil until ready, but make sure that they do not burst and well preserved shape.
2. In the cauldron with butter we throw the cut pieces of meat, fry for a few minutes until the crust, add onions with carrots and parsley. Pass a little and pour a glass of water. Cover and cook for half an hour. 3. In another skillet stew sauerkraut, adding to it a spoonful of butter.
4. Shift cabbage to meat, add the right amount of boiling water, cook shchi about half an hour.
5. Now you need to taste the dish, add salt and pour boiled beans.
6. Turn on the maximum fire, give a quick boil and reduce to a minimum. Soup should not seethe.
7. Cover and simmer for about an hour.
8. At the end you can throw greens, garlic, hot pepper. Stand in the cold.
Daily cabbage soup with millet and pork knuckle
Old Russian recipe of soup with croup. It uses millet, but no less tasty dish is obtained with boiled separately barley. If there is no pork knuckle, then use another fat piece of meat.
• 1 knuckle;
• 2 bulbs;
• 2 carrots;
• 800 g sauerkraut;
• 100 g of millet;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• oil, greens;
• 50 g of tomato paste.
1. Rinse well washed, if necessary, clean the skin with a knife from damage and dirt. Put in a saucepan with water, throw one onion, add one peeled carrot, put on the stove. Water pour in about 3.5 liters.
2. When boiling shank, remove foam from the broth. Boil the pork until ready for about 2.5 hours. Remove from the broth, vegetables, also get, you can throw them away.
3. In a skillet fry the onion with carrots, which remained. Add sauerkraut, cook under cover on low heat for a quarter of an hour. Then evaporate the water, add the paste and fry.
4. Add salt and millet to the broth, boil for a couple of minutes.
5. Transfer the sauerkraut with vegetables. Cook for about 15 minutes on the smallest fire.
6. Cut the shank, remove the bone, return clean meat to the pan.
7. Now you can add spices to taste, add crushed garlic and then another quarter of an hour on the stove.
8. We remove soup in the cold, you can freeze. Greens are added when reheating.
Daily cabbage soup with sauerkraut and fresh cabbage
Mixed version of daily cabbage soup, for which two types of cabbage are used. Due to this dish is not very sour, but tasty and rich. Ingredients
• 500 g fresh cabbage;
• 400 g sauerkraut;
• 0.8 kg of beef on the bone;
• onions, carrots;
• 3 tomatoes;
• oil, spices.
1. Pour the washed piece of beef (or other meat) with cold water. Put to boil on the stove. Cook for 2 hours, do not forget about the removal of the foam.
2. Onions and carrots to fry in a large skillet, add sauerkraut, fry together, then add grated tomatoes. Cook for about 30 minutes, if necessary, pour the broth out of the pan.
3. Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan, remove the bones, and cut the flesh.
4. Shred cabbage white cabbage, throw in broth, cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add sauerkraut with the rest of the vegetables.
6. Return the pieces of meat, taste and salt.
7. Cover and simmer on the stove for about thirty minutes.
8. Add pepper, laurel, turn off.
Daily soup - useful tips and tricks
• Daily soup - a dish of Russian cuisine, but it can also be served with bacon and garlic, as well as Ukrainian borscht. It is best to make a special dressing: cut a small piece of salted or smoked bacon, add chopped garlic and black pepper, fresh greens and grind well. Serve the fragrant mixture separately in a bowl or put in heated shchi.
• If you do not like the taste of roots, for example, celery, parsley, then they can be cooked in the soup entirely, then remove it before cooling.
• Daily soup can be cooked in a slow cooker. It is convenient because it has the function of heating, the dish is perfectly drawn on this mode, the taste will be saturated.