Fish rolls are a light but quite satisfying dish. Outwardly, it always looks impressive, which allows you to significantly diversify the daily menu and decorate the holiday table with a snack.
In addition, special types of this dish will suit those who are on a loose diet or fasting.
Cooking a tasty fish roll does not involve a large investment of time. Some types of snacks are prepared in a hurry.
Fish Rolls - General Cooking Principles
• Fillet - the basis of any such roll. You can buy ready-made or separate it yourself.
• Fish rolls are made from fresh or salted fish, it can be either river or sea. The main thing that the fish was not too fat and bony.
• The basis of the roll can be either a whole fillet of fresh fish or minced meat. Salted fillet is used as a filling and is cut into thin slices or small pieces.
• There are many options and ways to prepare such a dish. Rolls are boiled, steamed over steam, baked, salted or soaked, placed in the refrigerator. They are cooked with and without fillings, sometimes several types of fish are used in one dish. The right mix of foods is what you should pay attention to when cooking.
Fish roll with salted salmon “Holiday”
• lightly salted salmon - 200 gr .;
• two spoons of starch, potato or corn;
• four eggs;
• Ripper for dough - 1/2 small sachet;
• 100 gr. mayonnaise;
• five sprigs of dill;
• 200 ml sour cream with fat content not lower than 20%;
• 60 gr. (2 tbsp. L.) Flour;
• 60 gr. pitted black olives.
1. Cut the olives into thin ringlets, with a shred of dill.
2. Pour the eggs into the bowl, slightly whip them with a whisk and pour the flour with the starch. Add mayonnaise, a little salt, ripper, carefully beat the components into a homogeneous mass. 3. Put three tablespoons of dough in a small cup and mix it with finely chopped dill.
4. Cover the baking sheet with parchment. Pour the main part of the dough and evenly stratify all over the pan. From above, in a centimeter from each other, from a teaspoon drip the dough, seasoned with dill, spread out olive rings.
5. Heat up to 200 degrees oven. Placing in the middle level, put in it a pan with dough. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Immediately after baking, turning the baking sheet over the wet towel, spread the finished cake on it and roll it up with the towel. Cool slightly, unfold, remove the towel, and roll the dough back into a roll and leave to cool.
7. While the base of the roll cools down, prepare the filling. Cut the salmon into small pieces and mix with sour cream.
8. Expand the cooled dough. On the surface we evenly distribute the fish stuffing and roll it back.
9. Wrap the fish roll with food film, put it in the refrigerator overnight.
Fish roll made of pita and salted salmon
• salted salmon - 200 grams;
• sheet of thin pita;
• a small bunch of dill;
• 200 gr. cream cheese;
• small lemon;
• salad leaves for serving.
1. Prepare the fish. Cut salmon into very thin slices. You can use the already prepared cutting.
2. Scald lemon with boiling water, cut. Squeeze the juice from one half and filter through a sieve. We need about a tablespoon.
3. Grind the dill. Put the cream cheese in a small deep bowl and add dill to it. Pour lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
4. We expand the pita bread and apply a curd with a thin, even layer. Top carefully lay out slices of salmon.
5. Fold the pita bread with a thick roll, drag it into a film and place it in the refrigerator.
6. When the pita is soaked with cheese and becomes soft, we cut the fish roll into chunks of two centimeters width. Served on lettuce leaves, laid out on the bottom of a flat plate.
Steam fish roll from salmon and pike perch - “Gentle”
• pike perch (fillet) - 350 gr .;
• 300 gr. salmon fillet;
• two eggs;
• fat, preferably 33%, cream - 100 ml;
• to taste - paprika and white pepper.
1. Well wash thawed fish fillets, wipe dry the pieces with a paper towel. Grind fillets - we twist in a meat grinder, twice passing through a fine grate. First, prepare ground beef from pike perch, and then - from salmon, and spread on separate bowls.
2. Slightly add both mince. Fish mass from perch is seasoned with allspice and mix cream into it. Mix the minced salmon with paprika.
3. We wash the eggs. Gently breaking, pour the whites in one bowl, and the yolks in another. Squirrels whip in thick foam and shift to the stuffing from pike perch. Be careful not to precipitate foam, interfere. Mix the minced salmon with whipped yolks.
4. Cut the roasting sleeve from one edge, lay it on the table and moisten it with water. Distributing evenly, lay the minced pike perch on it, and spread the fish mass of salmon on it in the same layer. We turn, lifting for the edges of the sleeve, into a roll. On both sides tightly fasten the sleeve - we twist and fasten the edges with a knot.
5. Cooking fish roll for a couple in a double boiler or a slow cooker on “Steam” mode for 45 minutes. The sleeve is removed only after complete cooling of the roll, just before cutting.
Fish roll from fresh-frozen mackerel without cooking and baking
• fresh-frozen mackerel - four carcasses;
• a teaspoon of finely ground salt (“Extra”);
• 1/4 spoonful of nutmeg powder and black and fragrant pepper.
1. Put frozen mackerel carcasses in advance in a bowl and leave in the fridge. Fully thawed fish wash, cut off the head and tails. Remove the insides, separate the fillets from the bones and rinse again. 2. We clean three small garlic teeth and chop it with a small knife with a knife, after which we slightly crush. Mix all the spices with salt.
3. Spread a sheet of parchment or film, on it lay out the fish fillet slightly overlap, the flesh up.
4. Sprinkle the resulting fish layer with garlic, lightly press its pieces into the meat. Season with a mixture of spices and salt and roll tightly roll, starting with a thinner edge - tails.
5. Wrap the parchment - two or three sheets and put it on the bottom shelf in the common chamber of the refrigerator. After about eight hours, move to the freezer, the duration of exposure in it - 8 hours.
6. Take out 20 minutes before filing. Serve, cut into thin slices, arrange, slices spread on the dish with fresh herbs.
7. For piquancy, roll slices can be slightly sprinkled with a dressing of freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. For two spoons of oil, you will need a teaspoon of citrus juice.
Fish mackerel roll with vegetables and seafood (boiled)
• fresh-frozen headless mackerel - 1 large carcass;
• 50 gr. mussels or peeled shrimp;
• large carrot;
• 10 gr. granulated instant gelatin;
• a small pinch of spices “For fish”;
• boiled egg;
• 50 gr. fresh or frozen spinach.
1. In brackish water, boil the selected type of seafood until ready, cool.
2. In thawed fish, we cut the abdomen and remove all entrails, remove the black film. Cut the tail, cut the carcass along the back and remove all the bones, including the spinal. Wash the separated fillet, wipe it dry with a towel and temporarily set aside.
3. Prepare the filling. Mash a carrot on a large or medium grater. Fresh spinach cut not too wide strips. If you took frozen, well press it after thawing. Cut the egg into small slices. We clean the three garlic cloves and finely chop them with a knife. 4. On a sheet of food film, skin down, lay one fillet. Lightly sprinkle with spices, sprinkle and sprinkle evenly with part of the gelatin. Spread the carrot on the fish, and put the spinach on it. Sprinkle a layer of greens with a small amount of salt and evenly distribute crushed garlic over it.
5. We supplement the seafood filling and cover them with an egg.
6. The remaining fillet and, like the first, slightly add, season with spices and sprinkle with gelatin. Then lift it up, and quickly turn over the egg layer, put it on top and press it down a little.
7. Wrap the free edges of the film on the fish, tightly wrapping the fish roll with it. We tie in several places with a string or a thick thread. We shift in a small saucepan, pour water and bring to a boil. Cooking, not allowing to boil violently, about half an hour.
8. Drain all the water from the pan and put a small load on the roll after cooling. Put the jar of roll in the fridge. After waiting eight hours, remove the film from the fish roll and cut it into chunks.
A simple recipe for fish roll with mushroom filling, baked
• lean fish - fillet, weighing 500-600 grams;
• 200 grams of champignons;
• a small slice of white bread - 50 g;
• onion head;
• a raw egg;
• 40 grams of any hard cheese;
• milk - 80 ml;
• half of a small spoonful of oregano and thyme;
• a mixture of ground peppers;
• half a teaspoon of crushed dry rosemary.
1. Initially prepare fish mince. To do this, cut the dried fillet into pieces and interrupt with a blender. You can cook such stuffing by twisting the fish in a meat grinder, but then you will need to skip it twice through a fine grate.
2. Pour bread crumb with milk, soak a quarter of an hour. Well wring out and, stretching hands, we shift to the fish mince. Here we break the egg, add all the spices, add a little and knead until smooth. 3. Prepare the filling. Cut the onion and mushrooms into small slices. Fry onion in vegetable oil until transparent. Then we spread mushrooms to it and cook until the moisture evaporates.
4. Spread a sheet of foil, evenly distribute minced fish over it. We try to make the layer no thicker than a centimeter, we give it a rectangular shape. Put the cooled mushroom stuffing on the fish and roll it up. Wrap it with foil, tightly bonding joints and edges.
5. Carefully transfer the packed fish roll to a baking sheet and set in the oven at 190 degrees. Half an hour later we reach, carefully spread the edges of the foil and sprinkle with cheese chips. Put the roll back in the oven and incubate until the melted cheese grabs a ruddy crust.
6. Such fish roll can be served both hot and cold.
Fish Roll - cooking tips and helpful tips
• Thaw frozen fish in advance, in the refrigerator or in the air. Do not immerse the product in water - this will speed up the process, but the nutritional value, and, most importantly, the taste of the dish will deteriorate.
• If cooking involves heat treatment, use a roasting sleeve to fix (tighten). A normal package in this case may be unreliable packaging.
• It is advisable to wrap parchment wrapped with fish rolls in the refrigerator so that the fish “breathes”.