Young veal - meat with a wonderful texture and taste.
The content of microelements in it is such that it is great for food with increased physical exertion.
The total fat content is slightly lower than in pork, and therefore, in order to limit caloric content, you can use calf tenderloin.
Veal recipes in a slow cooker - general principles of cooking
• Beef is considered hard meat, but if the dish according to the recipe is prepared from it, you can go for a little trick. First of all, we will choose young veal, and we will prepare it in a slow cooker.
• Veal in a slow cooker can be cooked full meals, adding meat to vegetables. It can be stewed with gravy or served with a sauce prepared separately. Veal cooked wonderful rolls, which are stuffed with dried fruits. No less tasty soufflé of such meat, the dish is tender and preserves the dietary value of the products.
• When choosing veal, pay special attention to its appearance. Fresh meat should be dense, bright red. Streaks of fat have a soft cream color. If there is external fat that is separated from the piece of pulp by the film, do not take such meat. This suggests that the slaughtered animal was not young.
• Acquired veal before cooking is thoroughly washed, choosing from the pulp, accidentally falling into it when chopping small bones and chips. Then wipe dry with a towel, cut and act according to the recipe.
Veal in a multicooker: a recipe for tender and fragrant veal
• pound of veal;
• small lemon;
• large carrots;
• two spoons of “Rkatsiteli” or similar wine;
• large onion;
• teaspoon dried thyme.
1. Slice the carrot into thin pieces, chop the onions into quarters of rings.
2. Cut the washed piece of veal into small strips.
3. To keep moisture in the meat, fry the pieces in the hot oil over medium heat. Do not fry too much, as soon as the meat is covered with a ruddy crust, put it in the cooking bowl and pour the remaining oil from the pan. 4. Add vegetables, pour in the wine. Salt lightly, pepper to your taste. Add thyme and mix well.
5. Scald lemon with boiling water, cut in half and squeeze juice from one half. Scrape the second zest off the second one. Add a spoonful of freshly squeezed juice and a little less than 1/2 tsp. zest to meat.
6. Pour in a little more than half a glass of water and cook on the “Baking” options for no more than 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. After that, transfer the multicast pan to the “Quenching” mode and continue cooking for about an hour.
Veal in a slow cooker: a recipe for vegetable stew with mushrooms
• veal - 300 gr .;
• fresh champignons - 250 gr .;
• 200 gr. frozen vegetable mix;
• half a small lemon;
• refined sunflower oil - 1.5 tbsp. l .;
• Spoon unsalted tomato;
• 1 leaf of laurel.
1. Cut veal in pieces, no larger than three centimeters in size and place in a brewing bowl with oil poured into it. Lightly fry the meat pieces in frying mode. Slightly pepper and salt.
2. Dissolve the tomato in 50 ml of drinking water and cover the meat with tomato mixture.
3. Finely scrape the lemon zest from the lemon, add it to the veal and bring the meat to the frying mode almost ready.
4. Then put the sliced mushrooms in the meat and frozen vegetable mixture. Lay laurel and mix well, bring to readiness.
Veal in a slow cooker: a recipe for cutlets with porcini mushrooms
• a pound of veal pulp;
• 200 gr. fresh white mushrooms;
• one egg;
• two spoons of “Riesling” or “Rkatsiteli”;
• fresh parsley - 3 sprigs;
• 1/2 large lemon.
1. Clean the mushrooms from debris and dirt. Rinse well and boil for a quarter of an hour in a slow cooker. Then cool and cut as small as possible.
2. Wash the pulp, cut into large pieces and grind with a meat grinder.
3. Mix chopped mushrooms with veal minced meat, add wine, break egg into mince. Add salt to your taste and knead well.
4. Shape oblong, not too thick burgers from cooked mince and place them in a steam container. 5. Pour about half a liter of warm water into the bowl and place a steam container on it.
6. Close the lid and cook the cutlets for half an hour in the appropriate mode.
7. As a side dish for cutlets, serve boiled potatoes. When serving on each, place a thin slice of lemon and sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
Veal in a multivariate: a recipe for rolls with dried apricots and prunes
• 500 gr. veal (pulp);
• 100 ml of “Cabernet”;
• 200 gr. dried apricots;
• pitted prunes - 250 gr.
1. Wash a piece of pulp, dry with a towel and cut into large layers of centimeter thickness. Try to cut across the fibers.
2. Then beat off all the layers intensively and put in a bowl. Pour the veal on the wine and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Rinse the dried fruit thoroughly. If necessary, if the berries are too dry, soak them a little using warm water.
4. Lightly dry the meat from the marinade and salt it. You can pepper a little.
5. Put on each piece in equal quantities prunes with dried apricots and wrap rolls. So that the products do not unfold, drag them in several places with a thick thread.
6. Pour into the bowl at least 150 ml of water and boil.
7. Put the prepared rolls in the bowl, program the “Quenching”, turn on the timer for 2.5 hours, and close the lid.
8. Do not immediately reach the ready-made rolls from the bowl, let them soak for about a quarter of an hour with juice.
9. Serving to the table, slice each diagonally and pour juice from the bowl.
Veal in a multivariate: a recipe of thick gravy with prunes and nuts
• 500 gr. veal tenderloin;
• 150 gr. prunes;
• three cloves of garlic;
• 50 gr. pine nut kernels;
• two bulbs;
• 100 ml of “Tamyanka white” wine;
• two tablespoons of flour;
• refined sunflower oil;
• a small pinch of ground thyme.
1. Scald prunes with boiling water and rinse thoroughly and dry.
2. Chop the garlic with a knife.
3. Cut the cut into small pieces of arbitrary shape. To keep the meat juice, and was not dry, fry it until you get a golden crust over high heat in vegetable oil. 4. On the "Baking" warm up two tablespoons of butter and put the onion sliced in half rings into it. Stir continuously for three minutes.
5. Then put roasted veal, finely chopped garlic to the onions. Add prunes with nuts, add thyme and, having stirred well, cook on baking for another 10 minutes.
6. Pour wine into the meat and wait for the liquid to boil.
7. Then add the flour diluted with a glass of water, salt and start the “Quenching” for one hour.
Veal in a slow cooker: a recipe for a gentle diet souffle with corn and peas
• lean veal - 300 gr .;
• 1 egg;
• a tablespoon of oatmeal;
• 20 gr. frozen corn and peas;
• 100 ml of cow's milk.
1. Cut the flesh into small pieces and twist in a meat grinder with the smallest grid. Soufflé will be more tender if meat is slaughtered in mincemeat with a blender.
2. Mix oatmeal, minced peas and corn, egg yolk and milk into minced meat, lightly salt.
3. In a strong foam whip protein. Put it in the stuffing and mix gently.
4. Moisten small silicone molds with a small amount of vegetable oil and fill them with cooked meat.
5. Pour four glasses of water into the cooking container, place a container for steaming on it.
6. Place the filled molds in the container and turn on the “Cooking on a Pair” program, with a run time of 40 minutes.
7. Put the ready souffle on a plate, and place fresh vegetables as a side dish.
Veal in a Multicooker: Recipe for Spicy Veal with Currant Sauce
• one kilogram of lean veal;
• A spoon of powder (freshly ground) nutmeg;
• 4 tbsp. l - light honey;
• ground ginger - 2 tsp;
• carnation umbrellas;
• teaspoon oregano;
• cinnamon powder, freshly ground - 2 tsp;
• three tablespoons of sugar;
• 300 gr. black currant;
• half a cup of “Cabernet” or other red wine;
• 8 peppercorns;
• one large lemon;
• olive oil.
1. Immerse the meat in cold water and soak in it for at least an hour. Then rinse, cut off the film and dry well. Slice the flesh into large chunks. 2. Squeeze out the lemon juice and mix it with honey and olive oil (3 tbsp.).
3. In a separate bowl, mix the nutmeg with ginger, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Silicone brush well promazhte pieces of meat with honey marinade. Each piece in one place crosswise pierce with the edge of the knife and place the umbrella of the carnation there.
5. Then season the meat with spices and place in the hot oil on the “Fry”. Fry from both sides until light ruddy.
6. Then turn on the “Baking” option, pour in some water and continue stewing under the lid for 1.5 hours.
7. Put the washed currants in a saucepan or a small thick-walled pot. Put the crushed lemon zest there and put on a little heat.
8. As soon as the berries liberally allocate juice, pour in the wine, sprinkle with cinnamon and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Do not forget to stir the sauce.
9. Pour the sugar, peas and pepper and cook for another five minutes. Cool and saute the sauce until smooth with a blender.
10. Arrange the ready-made pieces of veal in portions, pour plenty of currant sauce. Rice or boiled potatoes are suitable for garnish.
Veal in a slow cooker - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Freshly calf meat before heat treatment, it is desirable to withstand some time in the water, it will come off excess blood.
• To cook cooked meat was not hard, its pieces are beaten off with a cooking hammer.
• To preserve the nutritional properties and taste of veal, fry it preferably not in a bowl of a slow cooker, but on high heat until the pieces are covered with a golden crust. And only after that shift in the bowl for further preparation.