A very popular delicacy, invented by the famous cook Marie-Antoine Karem. There are several interpretations of its name. Translated the word "eclair" means "flash, lightning."
Some explain this by the fact that the cake has a very brilliant appearance, while others talk about how lightning-fast eclairs “fly away” from the table. Both of these assumptions have a right to exist. Delicious culinary invention does not leave anyone indifferent.
Step-by-step recipes of eclairs - basic principles of preparing choux pastry
In the classic version of the preparation of the cake has an oblong shape of a length of 14 cm, filled with custard, vanilla or chocolate cream and drizzled with icing on top. Over time, the eclairs began to cook in different variations, and now shu and profiteroles are widespread.
The principle and technology of preparation of choux pastry for these varieties is no different from the classical method. The only difference in them is in the form and filling. Profiteroles have an oval shape with a diameter of 2-3 cm and can be filled with any filling, but shu differs in that they cut off the upper part of it, spread cream into it, which also smears the top of the head, and cover.
We propose to consider several recipes for step-by-step cooking eclairs. In recipes - a favorite classic dessert and excellent options for toppings for Eclair snack bars.
Step-by-step recipe of eclairs with custard
This recipe is a classic one, and it will not create difficulties in cooking for housewives who wish to pamper the household with something tasty. The main principle of making any confectionery product is strict adherence to technology, and then the cakes will be excellent.
Butter 360 g
Wheat flour 225 g
Water purified 1 tbsp.
First grade eggs 6 pcs.
Milk 3.2% 550 ml
Sugar 180 g
Vanillin 1 sachet
Salt 5 g
Caster sugar 280 g
Cocoa 60 g
1. Take 100 grams of butter and cut it into small pieces; put in pan. Add salt to it, pour in water, then put the pan on a small fire. 2. While the butter is melting, sift the flour.
3. As soon as the mixture of oil and water begins to boil, turn off the heat and immediately add 150 grams of flour to the pan. Take a wooden spatula and mix the dough thoroughly to make it uniform and free of lumps. It is very important to add flour to the hot mixture, as it should be brewed in it.
4. Mix the mass well, put it back on slow fire. Continue to continuously grind and mix the dough - otherwise it can burn. Warm up for 2-3 minutes. Properly cooked dough can be easily separated from the sides and bottom of the pan.
5. Transfer it to a cold container and give a little.
6. When the dough has cooled to room temperature, beat 4 eggs alternately into it, mixing the mixture thoroughly after adding each egg.
It should be borne in mind that the quality of flour used in the dough, and the size of eggs have a direct impact on the consistency. The finished choux dough should keep its shape well, have a viscous and smooth consistency and be moderately thin, therefore, while hammering eggs, make sure that the dough does not turn out too thin or thick - smoothly drain from a spoonful of heavy, thick strip. If the eggs used are too large, then a smaller amount may be required.
7. Warm up the oven to 220 ° C, and lay a baking sheet of parchment paper suitable for baking. Take a cooking syringe and fill it tightly with dough. In order for eclairs to turn out beautiful, the correct form, there should not be empty space in the syringe. Spiral squeeze the dough onto a baking sheet: it should be a cone, 3-4 cm high. Remember that the distance between the blanks should not be less than 2 cm, as in the baking process, the size of the eclairs will increase significantly.
8. Place the baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes. The dough should be rosy in appearance and increase in size. During baking, do not open the oven - due to the ingress of air, the dough will not rise. Remove the finished eclairs from the oven and let them cool completely.
9. While eclairs are baked, prepare the cream. Put 3 tablespoons of flour and 180 grams of sugar in a clean, dry stainless steel container. Add 2 eggs to them and beat until foaming. 10. In the resulting egg mass, pour in the milk and pour a bag of vanilla. Mix well and put on low heat.
11. Stir the mass continuously so that it does not burn. As soon as the cream becomes thick and begins to boil, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
12. Take 200 grams of butter at room temperature, add it to the cooled cream. Stir the mixture with a whisk until a homogeneous mass, then send the cream in the fridge for half an hour.
13. Put the cooled and frozen cream in the culinary bag with a narrow and long nozzle. Make small holes on the side of the eclairs and fill with cream with a syringe.
14. Put the filled eclairs in the refrigerator, and proceed to the preparation of the glaze. To make chocolate icing, sift and pour cocoa and 4 tablespoons of powder in a small saucepan. Add 50 grams of softened butter and 4 tablespoons of milk, mix well.
15. Place the container on a small fire and, without ceasing to stir, bring to the boil. Frosting should not be too liquid, like melted chocolate. In an unnecessary liquid mixture, you can add powdered sugar to thicken it. Add a little milk to the thick icing.
16. For white glaze, mix the remaining milk with butter and place on the stove. Add powdered sugar in melted butter and carefully move. The consistency of the glaze should turn out to be creamy.
17. Apply icing on eclairs.
There are several options for applying glaze on cakes. The simplest of them is to completely cover the upper half of the eclairs with one type of glaze, and the other with another. You can cover the cakes with a spoon, which will drain the glaze, forming a certain pattern, or cover part of the cake with white icing, and some dark.
18. Before serving, soak the eclairs in the refrigerator for several hours.
Step-by-step recipes for eclairs
There are many options, radically changing the taste of semi-finished products of choux pastry - it all depends on the filling, which they fill. Eclairs can be completely savory cakes and served to soups, main dishes or as an independent snack. Choux Dough
Wheat flour 200 g
Water purified 1 tbsp.
Eggs (1 s) 4 pcs.
Butter 100 g
Salt 3 g
1. Melt butter, chopped into cubes, add salt and water to it. When the oil is completely melted and the water begins to boil, remove the pan from the heat.
2. Pour the sifted flour into the resulting liquid, kneading thoroughly with a mixer or a whisk. There should be no lumps in the test.
3. Start alternately injecting eggs, without ceasing to mix the mass. Do not add everything at once. Each egg must be evenly mixed with the dough. The result should be a dough that resembles thick cream. It should not lose shape.
4. Starting the formation of eclairs, heat the oven to 220 degrees and prepare a baking sheet, slightly moisten it with water and place the parchment on top. Spread the paper with a thin layer of butter and deposit the dough in the form of small cones on a parchment sheet.
5. Spread blanks with a pastry bag on a baking tray. The diameter of each cake should be about 3-4 cm. Make sure that the size is the same, and the distance between them is not less than 2 cm.
6. Bake in the oven without reducing the temperature for 10 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 150 ° C, and bake the eclairs for another 15 minutes. Well baked blanks should be dry and have a golden color. Do not open the oven in the baking process, otherwise they will not work.
Step-by-step recipe for cheese filling for eclairs
Cheese Gouda 100 g
Feta Cheese 100 g
Mozzarella Cheese 200 g
Cooked shrimps, peeled 200 g
Sour cream 20% 150 g
1. Grate all three types of cheese on a fine grater into a bowl.
2. Add shrimp and sour cream. Stir well.
3. Cut along already baked custard dough pieces by 2/3 so that they open easily, like seashells.
4. Fill the semi-finished products with the filling, leaving them slightly ajar.
5. Decorate each eclair with a small sprig of parsley and serve it to the table.
Filling of eggs and fish liver for eclairs - a step-by-step recipe
Eggs 4 pcs.
Liver of pollock 1 bank
Bulb onion 1 pc.
1. Chop finely one medium sized onion. Fill it with water at room temperature, add vinegar and squeeze out lemon juice. Give the onions to marinate well to leave bitterness.
2. Boil the eggs, peel them and chop them.
3. Mash the pollock liver and mix it with the eggs. Drain the water from the onion, and pour it into the resulting mixture. Stir well until smooth.
4. Lightly cut the prepared semi-finished products from custard dough and fill them with stuffing.
Step-by-step recipe for eclairs: helpful tips
- In order for eclairs to turn out correctly and to rise well, do not use any substitutes. All products must be natural.
- When starting to make choux pastry, remove the eggs from the fridge and let them warm. It should be remembered that eggs for eclairs should be as fresh as possible.
- To make the dough shape when setting it on a baking sheet, use the pastry bag. If it is not there, make a small cut in the corner of the tight plastic bag; insert the cone made and the foil. To make round-shaped eclairs, you can even lay out the dough with a spoon, because during baking the dough will rise, and all the irregularities of such a spreading will diverge.
- In no case do not open the oven when baking - this will cause the eclairs to fall.
- No matter what kind of filling you choose to fill, the main thing to remember is that it should not be too wet, otherwise the eclairs will be sodden.