Soups are an integral part of our diet, they are tasty, fragrant, nutritious. Schi takes a special place in Russian cuisine.
Serve a plate of hot soup with sour cream and a slice of rye bread for lunch or dinner today, and selected recipes for soup on the broth, tips and small tricks will help you with this task.
Soup in meat broth - general principles
The first step is preparing a rich, strong meat broth. For taste, you can use roots, spices, vegetables. Any meat will do: chicken, pork, beef, as long as it is fatty.
In the ready-made meat broth lay vegetables. Be sure the presence of cabbage: fresh or fermented. To taste add potatoes, browned or fresh carrots and onions. Often put tomatoes, peppers, turnips, celery. For the density can add and cereals. Greens, herbs and spices are also an integral part of soup.
1. Soup in meat broth with fresh cabbage
• fillet of beef - 400 g;
• a small piece of white cabbage;
• potatoes, carrots, tomatoes - 2 pcs .;
• sweet pepper, onions - 1 pc .;
• garlic - 3 cloves;
• salt, seasoning for soups - on a pinch;
• leaf of laurel;
• parsley - 3 stalks;
• sour cream - half a cup.
1. Pour water into a large metal pan, put a piece of meat, put on medium heat and cook until ready for about 1-1.5 hours. When the water boils, remove the foam and reduce the heat.
2. Remove the beef, cool it, tear it into small pieces with your hands, put it back into the broth.
3. Peel potatoes, cut into cubes and add to the pan with the meat, cook until half cooked.
4. Add the cabbage, cut into thin strips, boil a little more.
5. Chop the cleaned carrot on a grater, cut the onion into strips, put the vegetables in the soup, add some salt and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Wash tomatoes, make an incision on the surface and place them in a cup with hot water for half a minute, carefully remove the skin. Cut the tomatoes into small slices, put in a saucepan. 7. Pepper, cut, remove the seeds, wash, cut into thin strips and put in the soup. Cook for about five to seven minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and add seasoning, add lavrushka and garlic, cut into large cubes, close the lid and steep the soup for 30 minutes.
9. When serving, pour the soup into plates, in each put a piece of meat and a tablespoon of sour cream, sprinkle with parsley. Next, put a cup with crackers.
2. Soup in meat broth with turnip
• a quarter of a cabbage;
• beef pulp - half a kilogram;
• turnip, carrot, onion - 1 pc .;
• 2 tomatoes;
• 3 stems of parsley;
• 20 g of salt and seasoning.
1. Cook meat: for this, wash the beef, put it in a saucepan with cold water, cook for 1.5 hours. Do not forget to remove the foam during boiling.
2. Remove cooked meat from the pan. Broth strain.
3. Bring the strained broth to a boil, put the cabbage, cut into strips, boil until boiling.
4. Grind carrots on a fine grater, cut onions into strips, turnips with strips, put all the prepared vegetables into broth, cook for a little more than half an hour.
5. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add diced tomatoes to the soup, after clearing them of the skin, add salt and seasoning.
6. When serving, pour the soup into plates, sprinkle with parsley, put on a small piece of meat.
3. Soups in meat broth with millet and sauerkraut
• pulp of any meat - half a kilogram;
• sauerkraut - 3 handfuls;
• 2 bulbs;
• carrots - 1 pc .;
• 4 potatoes;
• tomato - 40 g;
• millet groats - 2 handfuls;
• leaf of laurel;
• salt, black pepper - 20 g each;
• garlic - 4 cloves;
• vegetable oil - 50 ml;
• dill - the floor of a bunch.
1. Boil rich broth. Put the meat out of the pan, cut into slices.
2. Peel the potatoes, rinse and, without slicing, put in the broth, boil until the potatoes soften.
3. Remove the potatoes from the pan and place in a deep plate, mash them. 4. Rinse the cereal, put it in the pan, free the cabbage from the brine, put it in the soup, cook until the cabbage softens.
5. Slice the onions, grate the carrot, put the vegetables in the pan, pour in some oil, fry until softened.
6. To a carrot and onion, place a tomato and pour half a glass of water, simmer until the liquid boils away.
7. Add chopped garlic, mashed potatoes, salt, pepper and fry for about five minutes.
8. Put the entire contents of the pan in a saucepan with soup, add Lavrushka, bring to a boil.
9. Let the soup bake for half an hour and pour into portions, place in each piece of meat, sprinkle with chopped dill.
4. Combined soup in meat broth
• half a head of white cabbage;
• A handful of sauerkraut;
• pork pulp - a small piece;
• 3 potatoes;
• tomato puree - 20 mg;
• 1 carrot and onion;
• sunflower oil - 40 ml;
• salt, seasoning for soups, dried dill - on a pinch;
• leaf of laurel;
• fresh parsley - bouquet floor.
1. Boil the meat broth in a large metal container, lay out the meat, cool, cut into slices.
2. Put sauerkraut in the broth, boil for 12-15 minutes. Salt to taste.
3. Rub the carrot on a fine grater, cut the onion into small cubes.
4. Warm the butter in the pan, put onions, fry until light gold.
5. Put the carrot to the onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Two minutes before the end of frying, add chopped garlic.
7. Add tomato to vegetables, mix everything well and turn off the heat.
8. Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes, put in a pot of boiling broth.
9. Add fresh cabbage, cut into strips. Reduce heat, languish.
10. Put the soup in the soup, add seasoning, dried dill, add salt and boil a little.
11. Remove the soup from the stove, close the lid and leave for half an hour to insist.
12. Serve in portions, sprinkled with parsley.
5. Soup in meat broth in clay pots
• beef fillet - a small piece;
• potatoes - 2 tubers;
• half a head of cabbage;
• carrot, tomato, sweet pepper - 1 pc .;
• a pinch of salt;
• 2 leaves of laurel (half a leaf in each pot);
• allspice - 4 peas;
• 1 liter of water (1 glass in each pot);
• garlic - 5 cloves;
• sour cream - 50 ml;
• parsley, dill - 3 branches each.
1. Beef cut into thin strips.
2. Peel all the vegetables, cut off the stalk of sweet pepper, remove the seeds, and wash. Cut the carrot into circles, onion, pepper and tomato in a small cube. Cut potatoes into large slices, cabbage into thin strips.
3. Spread all the prepared ingredients in the pots in the following order: a piece of bay leaf, peppercorns, meat, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, pepper, tomato.
4. All fill with water, not reaching the edges of about 2 cm.
5. Sprinkle with salt, close the lids and put in the oven for 3 hours, cook at moderate temperature.
6. Serve ready soup in pots, putting some sour cream on top and sprinkling with greens.
6. Spices in meat broth with spices
• beef ribs - 5 pcs .;
• sauerkraut - a small cup;
• 2 potatoes;
• onions, carrots - 1 pc .;
• allspice - 10 peas;
• basil, celery, dill, parsley powder - 20 g each;
• 10 g of salt and black pepper powder;
• leaf of laurel;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Place beef ribs in a saucepan, pour in water, bring to a boil. Remove the foam, reduce the heat, put peppercorns and cook until ready.
2. Peel all the vegetables, rub the carrot on a Korean grater, cut the onion into strips. Put in a frying pan, pour in a little oil, simmer on low heat for about three minutes, then add fire and fry until golden brown.
3. Remove the finished beef ribs from the pan, separate the bones, and cut the meat into slices.
4. Put in the filtered broth beef, potatoes, cut into cubes, cook for ten minutes. 5. Add the cabbage without brine, boil for another 5 minutes.
6. Pour all the spices, add Lavrushka, add salt, pepper, boil.
7. Fill the soup, boil the soup for 2 minutes, remove the pan from the stove, close the lid and leave for half an hour.
8. Serve in portions with sour cream and crackers.
Meat broth soup - tricks and tips
• Boil whole peeled potatoes in broth, remember it tolkushkoy, put in the soup, so your soup will be thick and rich.
• Dry spices are put in the soup 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking, fresh greens just before removing the soup from the stove.
• Never digest the garlic in the soup, it will give a specific, not very pleasant taste to scham. Put it in a crushed or chopped form at the end of cooking.
• To make soup with meat broth turned out to be especially fragrant, add black and allspice of peas, pounded in a mortar, into the broth.
• Take meat for cabbage fatter, then the broth will turn out to be especially tasty, rich.
• If you are cooking cabbage soup with fresh cabbage, add fresh tomatoes to the soup, so the dish will be softer and tastier.
• Strongly sour sauerkraut is recommended to hold a little in cold water, then squeeze.
• Schi can be cooked simultaneously from sauerkraut and from fresh cabbage. Only in this case, remember that the fermented is put into the broth at the beginning of cooking, fresh - closer to the end of cooking.
• Schi is traditionally served with fresh sour cream, but it can be replaced with a cream of high fat.