Lamb shurpa - general principles and methods of cooking
Shurpa is the first dish for which lamb is traditionally used. However, it can also use chicken or mutton can be combined with chicken, and it is better if it will be used rooster. There are many recipes for this oriental dish, which depend on the region. But the general rule - it is always nourishing and quite fatty soup. Also, a large amount of spices is added to the shurpu. By the way, shurpa can be served as soup, and can be served as a main dish.
Lamb shurpa - food preparation
For the preparation of shurpy meat of mutton is traditionally used, namely brisket, knuckle, neck or shank.
Lamb shurpa - tableware preparation
To make shurpa, use a cauldron or a special cast-iron saucepan, which has a non-stick coating. In this saucepan, you must first fry the meat, and then simmer the vegetables with potatoes. However, if the cauldron is not there, then fry the lamb pieces in a frying pan. Then shift them to a regular saucepan, where shurpa will be cooked.
Lamb shurpa - the best recipes
Recipe 1: Mutton Shurpa
The classic recipe for cooking lamb shurpa. And to cook this oriental soup is quite simple, but it turns out very tasty.
500 grams of lamb,
500 grams of potatoes
100 grams of fat tail,
pod of red hot pepper,
2 tablespoons of tomato paste,
2.5 liters of water
bay leaf and salt.
1. Mutton meat must be well washed, then cut into small pieces. Diced should be cut fat. Onions need to wash, peel and cut into rings. 2. In the cauldron should fry lard to the bacon, which are laid out on a plate. And in the melted fat after fat, you need to fry the lamb until it forms a brown crust.
3. Then in the same cauldron it is necessary to add onions, potatoes and tomato paste - all this is fried another 10-20 minutes.
4. After that, you need to pour in water, throw in a pod of hot red pepper, salt and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat and cook, already on low heat, for one hour.
5. 5 minutes before the end, you must add to the cauldron bay leaf, as well as chopped cilantro and dill. Then you can serve to the table, hot pouring into plates.
Recipe 2: Uzbek mutton shurpa
This is a hearty lamb soup (in this case mutton ribs are used), which occupies a worthy place in Uzbek cuisine.
500 grams of mutton ribs,
2 bell peppers,
greens and salt - to taste.
1. Mutton ribs must be washed and boiled.
2. Onions, carrots and potatoes should be washed and peeled. Then the onion is cut into rings, and the carrot is sliced. Four pieces need to cut each potato.
3. In the finished broth from the ribs of lamb you need to add potatoes, carrots, washed tomatoes, cut in half. Clear from the seeds and cut into rings should also be Bulgarian pepper, which is added to the broth to vegetables and meat.
4. 15 minutes to readiness shurpa need to throw greens and onions. Allow to boil and add to readiness. And then serve to the table in deep plates.
Recipe 3: Shurpa with lamb and chickpeas
Cooking shurpa for this recipe is rather troublesome. But due to the use of Asian peas, the dish is especially tasty.
1 kilogram of mutton saddle (loin bone),
100 grams of chickpea (Asian peas), 200 grams of carrots,
300 grams of onions,
300 grams of fat tail,
300 grams of tomatoes,
200 grams of bell pepper
400 grams of potatoes
1. First you need to soak chickpeas in water overnight.
2. Then in a large saucepan, and better in the cauldron, you need to put the meat with fat, and then - pour cold water. Boil the meat should be on low heat, after a while adding chickpeas. Those who like spicy cuisine should also put hot chilli peppers.
3. Boil should be until the meat with chickpeas do not reach half-cooked. After that, in the cauldron you need to add Bulgarian pepper, onions, carrots and tomatoes.
4. And at the end of cooking should be put greens and coarsely chopped potatoes.
Lamb shurpa - useful tips from experienced chefs
Preparing lamb shurpa, you can replace this meat with goat meat or camel meat - it will be just as tasty.
It is important to remember that the taste of freshly cooked broth will deteriorate if it is kept hot for a long time.
It is important to determine what needs to be achieved ideally - the taste of meat or broth. Since when cooking soup on low heat (that is, the water is only slightly trembling), the taste of meat worsens, but the broth turns out very tasty. And when meat broth is boiled over high heat, the taste of the broth will be worse, but the meat will be much tastier.
A lot of greenery is added to the lamb shurpu. In addition to parsley and cilantro, basil and tarragon can also be used. And at the end of cooking sprigs of tarragon can be removed from the pan.
By the way, when serving ready-made shurpa soup, it is necessary to put a slice of mutton on each plate, it is also advisable to fill the shurpa with sour cream. It is also important to serve the dish hot, so that the mutton fat does not freeze.